1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how people would have a problem with Batman being taller, bigger than Superman. Superman's strength and power is derived from his exposure to our sun, technically speaking he wouldn't have to be built like a body builder to be super-strong. Batman however is human, and has pushed himself to be the best he can be physically. I also think that Superman not being stupidly large (muscle-wise) helps him when he's plain, old Clark Kent... if he was bursting the seams of his suit, it would be noticed!

Also, don't agree with Melkiorjunior's comments about Batman NEVER being depicted as being bigger than Superman, i'm sure you would find thousands of examples if you looked – it's all down to individual artists really... some draw Batman lean, some draw him as a beast – and the same for Superman.

My sentiments as well.

As I've stated before, Superman could technically look like a pre serum Steve Rogers and still have utterly no problem defeating Armored Batman strength and power wise. Now of course I wouldn't literally want Superman to look like that, but you get the point. I'm perfectly fine with a 6'0" - 6'1" Superman with a lean, extremely muscular physique. It's completely conceivable that even with all of his strength and power, there are still several regular humans who are taller than him and even more muscular, but that doesn't take away from what Superman is able to do. Why is it inconceivable to many people that Batman can potentially be one of these humans/people? As you mentioned, I also think it helps with his Clark Kent persona.

To paraphrase the author of that article that was posted on here from Forbes a few months ago, I think a large part of the disconnect some people feel towards BvS as a film or this particular rendition of Superman or Batman stems directly from the fact that this particular film, or the DCEU in general, presents renditions of the characters that don't directly fit into any single purist preference for what they feel the "right way" is to portray these characters as it pertains to their personal liking. If you have only one particular Superman or one particular Batman that you like and that one adaptation lacks room for the other many interpretations of the characters over the decades, or if you are opposed to seeing a cinematic adaptation that attempts to combine several eras and approaches to these characters, then that will affect your opinion of a film and these particular iterations of the characters.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and personal preferences of course, but I feel these interpretations and the current approach to these chararacters are just as valid as any other and are indeed faithful to the comics, and they do have deeper themes and layers to them that for anyone to simply say that Zack Snyder hates Superman or is doing Superman or Batman all wrong, is simply not necessarily an accurate statement.

Liking one preference of a character and/or accepting other renditions of a character does not mean that one is not a "true fan" of a character if their view of a particular character doesn't align with what you feel the "right way" to portray a certain character is.

In this particular cinematic universe, Batman happens to be taller and more muscular than Superman and I'm glad that the figures reflect that and are in scale with how they were intended to be portrayed in the film.

He does though! it's nearly identical to the BvS costume, just without the light blue around the chest emblem and cuff bits... has some new details like the ab sections and a bit of a different haircut.

View attachment 286907

Liking the brighter colors here (at least I hope they're brighter). Also the third time may be the charm for HT nailing that Cavill headsculpt. MoS looks okay. BvS looks somewhat like Greg Kinnear.

My sentiments as well.

To paraphrase the author of that article that was posted on here from Forbes a few months ago, I think a large part of the disconnect some people feel towards BvS as a film or this particular rendition of Superman or Batman stems directly from the fact that this particular film, or the DCEU in general, presents renditions of the characters that don't directly fit into any single purist preference for what they feel the "right way" is to portray these characters as it pertains to their personal liking. If you have only one particular Superman or one particular Batman that you like and that one adaptation lacks room for the other many interpretations of the characters over the decades, or if you are opposed to seeing a cinematic adaptation that attempts to combine several eras and approaches to these characters, then that will affect your opinion of a film and these particular iterations of the characters.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and personal preferences of course, but I feel these interpretations and the current approach to these chararacters are just as valid as any other and are indeed faithful to the comics, and they do have deeper themes and layers to them that for anyone to simply say that Zack Snyder hates Superman or is doing Superman or Batman all wrong, is simply not necessarily an accurate statement.

Liking one preference of a character and/or accepting other renditions of a character does not mean that one is not a "true fan" of a character if their view of a particular character doesn't align with what you feel the "right way" to portray a certain character is.

Holy hell, finally someone who talks sense in the middle of internet hate fest! I love you for talking sense, man! I agree with all of that 100%! I am fine if people dislike BvS for their reasons, but the whole "Snyder doesn't get the characters" thing makes my teeth hurt. I LOVE that they give us a slightly different spin on things with these movies. Couldn't be happier with the current DC movies.

My sentiments as well.

As I've stated before, Superman could technically look like a pre serum Steve Rogers and still have utterly no problem defeating Armored Batman strength and power wise. Now of course I wouldn't literally want Superman to look like that, but you get the point. I'm perfectly fine with a 6'0" - 6'1" Superman with a lean, extremely muscular physique. It's completely conceivable that even with all of his strength and power, there are still several regular humans who are taller than him and even more muscular, but that doesn't take away from what Superman is able to do. Why is it inconceivable to many people that Batman can potentially be one of these humans/people? As you mentioned, I also think it helps with his Clark Kent persona.

In this particular cinematic universe, Batman happens to be taller and more muscular than Superman and I'm glad that the figures reflect that and are in scale with how they were intended to be portrayed in the film.

You are correct. Technically Superman would look like pre serum Steve. Bulking up requires training. What exactly is he lifting on earth that would allow him to get a big and ripped as Cavil?

Hell the Marvel Universe doesn't keep the characters in scale. Thor should tower over everyone. But he doesn't. Hell my AOU Cap is taller than TDW Thor.

After looking at DeanKnight and Clippers pre-reviews I'm sold enough on the figure to preorder. It does seem like the legs won't have much articulation but they have enough for a decent standing pose.

Excited to get this in hand.

Genetics. I know a guy that's cut and never lifted a day in his life.

ETA In response to Darth Zengetsu.

Lol at these guys milking the hype for this figure and splitting it up into 13 different videos BEFORE they even review it. I swear the next video will be "Hottoys BVS Batman's Boots texture: 1st impressions"

The figure looks great, just poking fun at all the videos. I'm waiting for the full review!

Lol at these guys milking the hype for this figure and splitting it up into 13 different videos BEFORE they even review it. I swear the next video will be "Hottoys BVS Batman's Boots texture: 1st impressions"

The figure looks great, just poking fun at all the videos. I'm waiting for the full review!

Id pay $22,000 for this figure.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

After looking at DeanKnight and Clippers pre-reviews I'm sold enough on the figure to preorder. It does seem like the legs won't have much articulation but they have enough for a decent standing pose.

Excited to get this in hand.

Everybody talk about not enough articulation and so what but really you guys going to put in a detolf standing straight up. Lol.

2856Screen-Shot-2015-07-14-at-11.44.18-AM-700x293_zpskc8ppw9a.png

can it do this?

Back