1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really struggling with this guy. As a lifelong Batman fan, I found the movie to be an offense. That said, Affleck was strong in the role and I loved Batman's look. This is clearly a fantastic collectible (despite the unfortunate neck flap problem).

If I had enjoyed the movie, I'd pre-order this tonight. I could wait for Justice League, but the suit he wears in that is kind of ****** by comparison, and the movie could be just as bad as BVS.

So the real question is do I want to drop that amount of money on a figure from a movie I hate.

Yeah I admit I was pretty turned off by this ultra-violent Batman on my first viewing as well, but rewatching the movie (and the much better Ultimate Edition) I find it a lot easier to accept, knowing that he's only been in this really dark state for the last 18 months since the Metropolis attack, and it's not just his normal way of operating. And by the end we do see him return more to the kind of Batman we're used to, and that I assume we'll see a lot more of in Justice League.

It's really how the character will be portrayed in those future movies that makes me want to get the figure now, more than what happened in BvS itself.

I don't know why you guys are so worried about Superman being waitlisted. HT is not like before where if you missed it, you can only get it on the secondary market. HT has made second runs of popular figures fairly recently.

Yeah I admit I was pretty turned off by this ultra-violent Batman on my first viewing as well, but rewatching the movie (and the much better Ultimate Edition) I find it a lot easier to accept, knowing that he's only been in this really dark state for the last 18 months since the Metropolis attack, and it's not just his normal way of operating. And by the end we do see him return more to the kind of Batman we're used to, and that I assume we'll see a lot more of in Justice League.

It's really how the character will be portrayed in those future movies that makes me want to get the figure now, more than what happened in BvS itself.

Glad you gave the film a second look.

Still on the fence about this one.

It turned out great and a lot better than I expected but I still have one nitpick with the shoulders. I'm totally fine with the lack of bulk in the arms compared to the actual likeness in the movie, but for me it comes down to the look of the shoulders.

If Hot toys had only transferred the aesthetic of what they did with the eventual look of the abs on this figure, it would be a definite purchase for me. If you look at pictures of the actual suit, the shoulders are intentionally defined and cut.

As it stands, the undefined look of the shoulders are a bit of a turn off for me. They look a little ugly IMO. It's like they were headed in the right direction fixing the abs, but got lazy transferring that effort into the arms and shoulders.

In the picture below, you can clearly see what I'm talking about...
batfleck.jpg

It turned out great and a lot better than I expected but I still have one nitpick with the shoulders. I'm totally fine with the lack of bulk in the arms compared to the actual likeness in the movie, but for me it comes down to the look of the shoulders.

If Hot toys had only transferred the aesthetic of what they did with the eventual look of the abs on this figure, it would be a definite purchase for me. If you look at pictures of the actual suit, the shoulders are intentionally defined and cut.

As it stands, the undefined look of the shoulders are a bit of a turn off for me. They look a little ugly IMO. It's like they were headed in the right direction fixing the abs, but got lazy transferring that effort into the arms and shoulders.

View attachment 286843

Im sure Hot Toys will make a more defined version later. Still getting this because i love me some batman [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Im sure Hot Toys will make a more defined version later. Still getting this because i love me some batman [emoji33]

LOL! Same here. Maybe it's just me coming up with excuses to hold off for a better version or even a DX version down the line. With the Batfleck portrayal being as popular as it is with fans, I'm sure we'll see more versions from Hot Toys.

LOL! Same here. Maybe it's just me coming up with excuses to hold off for a better version or even a DX version down the line. With the Batfleck portrayal being as popular as it is with fans, I'm sure we'll see more versions from Hot Toys.

Is DX even a thing anymore?

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

It was gonna happen man. Before batman arrived, the whole idea of a worlds finest display hadn't sunk in yet. Now that he's out, everyone realized "whoa...I need superman now!!"

Thanks to the bat, this may be HT best selling superman figure.

Yuuuup! :exactly:

View attachment 286843

yes exactly, they worked their ass off for the chest but dropper the ball on arms and legs.
Im waiting on Tony Mei's mods but im definitly gonna go the custom route for the body.
Planning on using Bvs Superman body parts (and probably some miliputit did wonder on the zod body im using for my police station t800) , definitly the shoulders wich are are big and defined.
I will see about the rest.

I saw a pic of the body used in the armored batman and he has a rubber muscular suit under the bat suit (Tony mei seems to have cutit at strategic place to have mor articulations) wonder how Batman body looks like, hopethe suit is zipped not sewed on.

yes exactly, they worked their ass off for the chest but dropper the ball on arms and legs.
Im waiting on Tony Mei's mods but im definitly gonna go the custom route for the body.
Planning on using Bvs Superman body parts (and probably some miliputit did wonder on the zod body im using for my police station t800) , definitly the shoulders wich are are big and defined.
I will see about the rest.

I saw a pic of the body used in the armored batman and he has a rubber muscular suit under the bat suit (Tony mei seems to have cutit at strategic place to have mor articulations) wonder how Batman body looks like, hopethe suit is zipped not sewed on.

Where did you see that tony mod?

Tony modded his armored Batman wich now has more articulation.
He will make make a tutorial when he receives his second armored batman.
But he posted a pic of the rubber muscular suit before modification.
I assume he cut it at the waist, elbows at least.
suit.jpg

I actually do think that pretty much every choice Snyder has made with these characters is wrong. Other than casting Cavill for Superman and Gadot for Wonder Woman, both solid choices in my opinion, I disagree with all of his other ideas. As far as the relative height of Superman and Batman, they’ve been shown to either be the same height in the comics, or Superman has been slightly taller. Batman has never, not one time, been depicted as being taller than Superman, and this is going back over 75 years now. So yeah, if collectors can decide Superman’s cape needs to be adjusted by a millimeter so that it’s movie accurate and they’re willing to take an x-acto knife to a two-hundred dollar figure to achieve a “cape mod” and not be called out for nitpicking, I think it’s perfectly reasonable for me to point out that Snyder’s aesthetic choices are at odds with the entire history of the representation of these characters. And that's not even getting into the idea of Batman being an older “mentor” to Superman--also a bad choice in my opinion.

I'm not--I prefer the Keaton Batman.

I agreed with you, up until the Keaton comment. I for one, although I enjoy B v S for what it is, I was hugely disappointed that Batman was physically bigger than Supes, and that he was an "old, grizzled, veteran". Why Bats would be closer to the end of his career when he first meets the rest of the Justice League is beyond me. But I enjoyed it for what it is, and for sure, it was the best live-action Batman represented on screen. Totally fine that you would be bothered by the choices, but that said, you should also HATE the Keaton Batman movies. At least Snyder is a comic fan. Tim Burton was very proud of his lack of comic knowledge and experience, and it showed. I'm much happier with a Batman who is a little too big, versus Batman who is a tiny 165-lb millionaire.

Back