1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those teeth!

I am really excited for this lineup. Have all three bats from BVS and superman and the chrome version coming. I really think I'll get Wonder Woman and give Snyder his own shelf. I'm also a little short batman as I missed the Nolan era issues and looking to pick up one or two. Also think the BvS Batmams will look fantastic with my forthcoming Keaton 2 pack and some customs bats.

Can someone post a pick of BvS batman brushing his teeth and grabbing his crotch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ts_130807_opthalmologist_optometrist_optical_250x188_zps0vsqsc75.jpg

Trolls on this thread are many. Best to ignore.

Halp guys! I knew this is a completely personal decision no one can make for me...but I literally cannot make my mind up between these 3 batmen. I just can't afford all 3 lol

Halp guys! I knew this is a completely personal decision no one can make for me...but I literally cannot make my mind up between these 3 batmen. I just can't afford all 3 lol

Dude...that's a tough question to answer for you.

I mean, if you really had to choose, I'd say go for either armored batman or knightmare. I don't see them revisiting those looks anytime soon and will be one offs. I didn't suggest standard because of his updated look in JL.

However, if you don't like the JL look and want ONE all encompassing batman, Get the standard. It's the first time we got a cinematic batman that for once resembles the way he looked in the comics.

Sorry if that didn't help you...I couldn't pass on any of these, so it's a tough question TBH.

Uniqueness- armored/knightmare.

Just only one batman to display for a long time- standard.

If you want THE Batman, the most iconic one, go for this plain one (i find this dark gray suit better looking than JL black-ish, but that's me). Armored is also cool for many people, but it's more a tank than a bat. And Knightmare is just different, very nice looking, but again it's not a classic bat.

The only nitpick I have is still the cape.
It may be one of those things that once I get it, it'll be fine.
But if it doesnt look any better in hand, I may have to get a custom cape for it.

The cape is the thing I'm most concerned about as well. One thing I do like about it though is it has the dirty effect at the bottom of it like TDW LA Thor cape does. This is a detail I wish more HT capes included.

Everything else that most people are nit picking, look fine to me. I mentioned earlier that as far as bulk wise, his shoulder caps could probably have a bit more roundness to them, but he's both taller and has more girth than the BvS Superman figure (which to me is pretty bulky in itself), so that's a testament to how bulky this figure will actually be in hand.

Being that MoS Supes is just a bit taller than BvS Supes, that tells me that this figure may very well be in the height realm of MoS Supes, while also having more bulk.

If you want one Batman to represent the DCEU as an aggregate whole, go with regular Bats. If you want one Batman to just represent the whole Batman v Superman theme, go with Armored Batman. If you want a Batman that is unique and a different look from any other Batman in general, go with Knightmare Batman.

Hmmm...it does help! I think I might go for this one and maybe try to grab one of the other ones.

One thing I love about this batman over any other ones that will come out in the future, is even though I'm sure his suit has changed, in my mind this is THE batman. This is the batman and his suit that has been fighting crime for 20 years. The suits in future movies might look good, but I love the history this suit has seen.

If you can't wait a few years for Batman's SOLO movie than get the Standard Batman. Personally I went for Knightmare Batman because it's so different. Batman will have a little bit of a different look in Justice League which looks amazing. I feel like you should get a Standard Batman when the Solo Film comes out just like Wonder Woman. Personally I feel you should get Armored Batman with a Superman. But yea that's my advice. Wait for Batman Solo movie or even Justice League or if you can't wait get this standard look now and if you want a unique and different type of batman than get Knightmare.

Also to help you what was your favorite part of BVS? I'm so used to standard batman looks that the first time I saw the Knightmare scene my reaction was I gotta get this batman. I currently have 1 hot toys which is vision from AoU and Knightmare Batman on PO but when I saw Vision for the first time I had that same feeling.

This is the batman and his suit that has been fighting crime for 20 years. The suits in future movies might look good, but I love the history this suit has seen.

This is a good point regarding the ambiguity of this suit, in that it could potentially be the suit that he has used for the 20 years of him being Batman that led up to the events of BvS.

Knowing how Bruce Wayne/Batman is though, it's reasonable to presume that his suit did evolve along the way in the same way that Bale's did from BB to TDK; however, depending on when a Batman solo film takes place (which I presume will probably be after the events of BvS and JL) that will actually show him with likely a slightly different suit, you could very well presume that this suit is the suit he's worn for the 20 years leading up to BvS as mentioned and has some history behind it.

Hmmm...it does help! I think I might go for this one and maybe try to grab one of the other ones.

One thing I love about this batman over any other ones that will come out in the future, is even though I'm sure his suit has changed, in my mind this is THE batman. This is the batman and his suit that has been fighting crime for 20 years. The suits in future movies might look good, but I love the history this suit has seen.

Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cape is the thing I'm most concerned about as well. One thing I do like about it though is it has the dirty effect at the bottom of it like TDW LA Thor cape does. This is a detail I wish more HT capes included.

Everything else that most people are nit picking, look fine to me. I mentioned earlier that as far as bulk wise, his shoulder caps could probably have a bit more roundness to them, but he's both taller and has more girth than the BvS Superman figure (which to me is pretty bulky in itself), so that's a testament to how bulky this figure will actually be in hand.

Being that MoS Supes is just a bit taller than BvS Supes, that tells me that this figure may very well be in the height realm of MoS Supes, while also having more bulk.

Yeah, I'm fine with everything else. I think he's gonna be massive in hand.

If the Batman solo film is a flashback film, I wonder if they'll be bold enough to make his old outfit blue and grey?

I was hoping his JLA would have been blue and gray since its a good excuse for him not to wear a dark suit, being in the presence of other heroes.

Was hoping since we got a frank miller for BvS,
Jla would have been jim lee inspired.

Lol at this.

I've been collecting 1/6 figures for 9 years now so I have plenty of "screen accurate" figures and ones of lesser quality. My basic rule is that as long as the figure is a good representation of the character then I feel happy with it. I view inaccuracies as interpretations. This helps a lot as one can get obsessed with a figure being perfect when few actually are.

Well my advice is if you can only get one get either an armoured batman, or knightmare. we will get at least one batman from justice league with possibly a second BvS/Suicide squad batman, so you have 3 future opportunities to get a basic one. Get something unique and bad ass now because we may not get another crack at those

Oh boy. I'm not sure what to think of this figure. It looks pretty good but the short legs and thick neck may be too much for me. Seriously, those legs look pretty stubby. And while I don't think he looks too skinny, something seems off with his torso. Maybe it's just the thick neck and short legs that are making it look our of place.

Like many, I'll wait for some video reviews before I decide.

Back