1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snyder had specifically stated that he cast Ben as he wanted a Batman that was physically bigger than Superman as a contrast to the power difference and to convey the difference and in age and experience

Thanks, I didn't know that.. But if I buy them, and the chances are high, I think I wil use a bigger base for Superman to hide a little the difference.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I know that Ben is taller then Cavill, but is this true also in the movie? I mean, RDJ is surely not a giant, but Hot Toys Iron Man are more or less as tall as Captain America, because in comics and movies Tony Stark height is supposed to be not so much different from Steve Rogers.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Oh yeah it was very apparent in the movie. If you have the movie (or you can go straight to YT), there are quite a few scenes that show the height difference, for instance the scene where lex is giving that speech and Clark confronts Bruce for an impromptu interview.

Snyder stated that he purposely wanted a batman tall enough for superman to literally look up to, as well as sell the idea to the audience that someone like batman can take superman on in combat.

RDJ was on lifts so he can appear to be of standard superhero height (6'0)...but IMO there's only so much you can do through movie magic to cheat that. Then when he's in the IM armor, you gotta factor in the extra height it gives to "tony stark", NOT RDJ the actor. I put Tony in quotes because Tony is supposed to be 6'0, whereas RDJ is much shorter than that.

Simply put, batfleck is PURPOSELY taller than supes for story purposes. RDJ's fake height is for vanity purposes. Two very different things.

The cape still looks to be covering the top of the bat symbol....only flaw on this bad boy.

what about the elongated crotch area?
what about the difference in definition between the upper body and lower body?
something about the cape looks like it can crack if you bend it too much, like pleather

something about the cape looks like it can crack if you bend it too much, like pleather

Nah....awesome figure. One of this years finest.

late to seeing all the pics but man did this come out great!!! only thing I will do is get an extra eye plate to paint eyes looking to the left

IMO the crotch area is fine but it looks like the pants should be pulled up.

Snyder had specifically stated that he cast Ben as he wanted a Batman that was physically bigger than Superman as a contrast to the power difference and to convey the difference and in age and experience

Seriously, are we back to this?
Man, did some of these people not watch the film?
Let me point out, batman is the big guy in grey & black.
Superman is the guy in blue & red,
He's shorter than batman.
That's it!
How is this so hard for some people to wrap there heads around?
Waters wet, the sky's blue, batman is taller than superman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the hype for this like it was for DX12?

If my memory serves, there was hype. People were excited about the newly designed suit because it wasn't rubber anymore as well as the Bruce Wayne sculpt, but were disappointed with the non squinted eyes and derpy mouth plates.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more hype for this figure, only because with the DX12, we already had a TDK offering in way of its predecessor DX02. Now we have a fresh new batman that looks more like the comic book many have been clamoring for.

Seriously, are we back to this?
Man, did some of these people not watch the film?
Let me point out, batman is the big guy in grey & black.
Superman is the guy in blue & red,
He's shorter than batman.
That's it!
How is this so hard for some people to wrap there heads around?
Waters wet, the sky's blue, batman is taller than superman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to be condescending. Not everyone here gets to visit the forums everyday, nor can everyone backread every single page they missed where their lack of info about something might have been addressed. Just like you missed the discussion about the Begins suit ACTUALLY having the cape over its cowl, and you were just as condescending with the "Of course The cowl sits on top of the cape, What gives you the idea it doesn't?" line.

You know I always thought Superman was taller and Batman was like mid-size compared to Superman. Honestly I am still trying to like the fact that Ben Affleck is playing Batman but I will say he does fit the build of Batman after working out and getting all bulked up to play him.

Had zero interest but damn.. It looks pretty awesome. I'll give it a few weeks to see if it's just new release syndrome, but I might just have to pick one up.

Don't know why people are debating the size. Ben Affleck is taller than Henry Cavill and yes, Snyder did say he wanted his Batman to be taller than Superman so that he can "look up to him."

Most of you cry about the movie accuracy, and when rhe figures are actually accurate you complain... Batman was bigger, that's why the figure is bigger. I can't believe what I'm reading here sometimes. It's amazing. It looks 10 timex better than prototype, but no, you have to ***** about something. You know what, probably without the suit it looks weird. Let's take off the cowl and see if the headsculpt is accurate. I'm amazed by this figure, and amazed how nit picking you guys are.

If my memory serves, there was hype. People were excited about the newly designed suit because it wasn't rubber anymore as well as the Bruce Wayne sculpt, but were disappointed with the non squinted eyes and derpy mouth plates.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more hype for this figure, only because with the DX12, we already had a TDK offering in way of its predecessor DX02. Now we have a fresh new batman that looks more like the comic book many have been clamoring for.

Yer except for the mouth plate is still crappy as DX12, the normal one is fine, the others are BS

Back