1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So with that mentality, everything is always perfect and beautiful and we must never speak ill of everything that is always perfect and beautiful. That's the motuxmen effect man...you never go full motux

Ice cold bruh...ICE.COLD.

Dude...NOT cool. Say what you will about Jesus, hell, talk smack about his loved ones...but don't say something like that! Ever. I demand you give him an apology right this instant.

:p

All kidding aside...

the thing about this figure is: you really need to have him stand next to another figure in order to truly see how much bigger he is. By himself, due to the way HT designed him, it's more subtle. Now I will admit, as much as i can't wait to get this figure, HT really should've exaggerated certain Areas such as his triceps and chest. The actual suit is hard to recreate at a smaller scale, so muscle definition, folds and creases featured throughout the body will undoubtedly be lost in translation...however bulk could've and should've been, and in order to do that, comical proportions for the stock body would've solved that problem, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

To get a much better representation and better accuracy, a 1/4 release would definitely satisfy the more detail oriented folk. So here's hoping.

Folks can always buy the SS PF statue. Lol. [emoji23]
f48e8ab917c894134ed420a0e671512f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This figure would be perfect if the bottom of his crotch was higher. As it stands it almost looks like he's sagging his pants. The inseam ends really low, maybe slightly above mid thigh.

Other than that, this figure has come such a long way since the prototype. The waist up is perfect. The legs are also much improved.

I don't think it's wrong to notice shortcomings. Sure, I don't have intentions to buy. But I do have an appreciation for these figures. It's a shame that the figure could come so far, have so many eyes on it, look this good, but let something as blatantly obvious as the crotch being too low slip by. People don't even need to know exactly what the issue is, but I feel like anyone can look at it and just see that something isn't right.

Now this is how you do teeth. Once again HT amazing :clap

You guys think this enough scruff, or should he have more

reminds me of the south park Hardy boys :lol

Im super serial guys

also torso looks too long because of the saggy pants, hope someone figures out a way to pull em up a smidge

I think the only complaint we should really have is that we don't have this in hand yet. Or that there isn't a Bruce Wayne head sculpt. Other than that I'm extremely pleased and excited for this to come. I do not regret ordering the combo pack at all.

This figure has come such a long way since the prototype. The waist up is perfect. The legs are also much improved.

I don't think it's wrong to notice shortcomings. Sure, I don't have intentions to buy. But I do have an appreciation for these figures. It's a shame that the figure could come so far, have so many eyes on it, look this good, but let something as blatantly obvious as the crotch being too low slip by. People don't even need to know exactly what the issue is, but I feel like anyone can look at it and just see that something isn't right.

My sentiments as well.

There's nothing wrong with noticing obvious shortcomings, but even then, a lot of aesthetic things can also be subjective. Subjective in the sense that while certain shortcomings of a figure may be a fact (sculpt is too small, figure is too tall/out of scale, etc.) it may not bother some people as much as it does others. I think some people can be excessive though and nit pick every little thing they feel is "wrong" with a figure, while overlooking and never mentioning the things that the figure got right.

As stated before though, ultimately, the only opinion that matters though in the end from your perspective, is your own. You're the one that's going to be buying the figure and putting it into your collection. If others don't like something about it, then they don't have to buy it to put in their collection.

Gave a call to Sideshow on my drive home from work, they said they expect the 3 Batman figures to start shipping next month but they aren't completely sure yet.

all three in SEPT? That would be FANTASTIC(and costly..)

The only nitpick I have is still the cape.
It may be one of those things that once I get it, it'll be fine.
But if it doesnt look any better in hand, I may have to get a custom cape for it.

I think the only complaint we should really have is that we don't have this in hand yet. Or that there isn't a Bruce Wayne head sculpt. Other than that I'm extremely pleased and excited for this to come. I do not regret ordering the combo pack at all.

Yeah that definitely would have been cool to have. It looks like OSK will be releasing a really nice Affleck sculpt at some point, but I'm not sure how easily it could be used on this figure...

What's the coupon code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The code I used was UPS10ZVXBDY. Not sure if it was a one time use coupon, but if it is I got it when I had Batman in my cart & it just popped up on my desktop if you wanna try that. Don't know if a coupon will pop up on a cellphone.

Jesus christ, those open mouth pieces are absolutely horrendous. Nothing like Ben Affleck's likeness.

Damn... this figure turned out fantastic!
He'll look brilliant next to Superman.
Hopefully HT also hit a home run with Wonder Woman...

Back