1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like the cape has more pronounced scallops this time around
tumblr_oas9xkAfeI1udwsc5o4_500.gif

I prefer the organic-looking muscles on the BvS suit, but I still like the JL update.

To me i's reminiscent of Keaton's organic-looking armor in 1989 and then a more industrial design in Returns.

looks like the cape has more pronounced scallops this time around
tumblr_oas9xkAfeI1udwsc5o4_500.gif

They couldn't have done a more interesting/dynamic drop? He drops like 4 feet and lands on his heels lol, this must be an older batman if he moves like this. Also his cowl makes him look like a demon, very much like in the Injustice game. Which doesn't look as good as the BVS suit

Honestly my favourite suit in recent years is the Arkham Knight suit. I kind of wish they went that route with Affleck.

I also wish Hot Toys made a figure of that but I guess the Arkham City version didn't do great. There is that Prime1 statue that looks amazing but it's too expensive.

The Neca 1/4 scale is FANTASTIC.

Will it be a prequel, though?

IIRC it was to be set before BvS, I could be wrong however.

It's all rumor and prediction. The most leading rumor is that it will take place before BvS and be centered inside of Arkham Asylum. Who knows what it will end up with.

As for the costuming going off of initial promotional pictures there is a definite difference but I guess we'll have to wait for costuming displays to really get a shot of how dark it actually is.

13709800_1218084328253889_3983418352882083947_n.jpg

Liking the BVS suit more. Updated cowl does look good. I don't have a problem with the landing gif people are complaining about.

I think people are bored this weekend and decided to blame that "landing"... :slap

Personally it wasn't a big deal for me, but that landing shot is an awkward shot and I won't say that people who think the same are just bored.

They might have thought of doing a homage to the last panel of this 2-page sequence from when Finger and Kane first told Batman's origin, at least I think they tried to:

_9160560_orig.jpg

IMO this would have been the better shot sequence if they wanted a homage:

eCW5kK.gif

Even without 2 heads in the foreground to frame Batman in the middle, this would have been more dramatic, and people would be less likely "bored" to blame stuff.

I'm sure it's just a nitpick to some, but a valid nit nevertheless.

This could turn into Landing-gate 2016! :thud:

I wouldn't worry about any shots that look odd or poorly lit in a teaser trailer from a film that's still being shot. They'll be editing and working all that Hollywood magic in post production all the way up to the released date in late 2017.

Snyder did a similar shot with Nite Owl in Watchmen during the riot scene.

I like what I see so far. Again, can we wait until the movie comes out to withhold any criticisms? Are we really talking about one little jump scene?

Back