1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first time in my Hot Toys collecting life, there is ONE accessory that I would really like - The kryptonite spear. Maybe it will come with the Lex Luthor figure?

I hear ya on that dont know what happened it shoulda been a part of the armored version for sure, with a light up feature to boot, I dont see a Lex luthor likely even coming out but perhaps Doomsday? Idk

Dario, are you getting this Batman figure? How about the other ones? How about you Starscream?

Haha – I am indeed getting this Batman figure, along with Wonder Woman currently. I like the armoured and Knightmare versions, but finances dictate I only get these two right now, but I will be picking Superman up too. I passed on the MoS figure as I didn't think they got him quite right, but I love the improvements in the movie suit design, so I'll pick him up soon, I don't think he'll sell out like the other two will.
My ultimate plan is to have the whole Justice League (fingers crossed).

The only worry you have with Hot Toys is that they'll bring out these figures again, for Justice League, or a Batman from Suicide Squad, that will be better.

Why is it a bite? I'm not baiting.

The main storyline is hampered by the many subplots which distract from it, causing confusion and a poor flow. Many of these subplots are left unexplained, and while they may be explained in sequels down the line, it only detracts from the main plot of the film itself.

The film's entire timeline is oddly structured, with the only real action sequences seen at the end of the film, causing it to feel unbalanced. The final fight with Doomsday came far too soon after the Batman vs Superman battle, a little breathing space would have helped with the balance. That breathing space could have been used to make the coming together of the trinity and Doomsday feel more natural and less clunky.

The film loses focus at many points, choosing to shoehorn in dream sequences which serve no real purpose, which again, provides only a distraction from the main storyline. The loss of focus also upsets the pacing and interrupts the drive of the main story.

A lot of things are left unexplained, and switching out some of the unnecessary scenes for some which would provide an explanation for some of the more murky parts of the film would help to make the film feel more whole. It also would have made the film more accessible for the average moviegoer, who, let's not forget, are worth far much more to the company than comic book fanatics.

I have only seen the film once, and that was a while ago now, so there are almost certainly other things I've forgotten about, and maybe even things that I missed that would have made for a better viewing. However, because I hated it, I'm in no rush to see it again. I'll give it a second chance when the Blu Ray comes out.

And it shows! :slap

Whilst the dream sequences are - quite intentionally - vague, they are supposed to make you go "WTF is going on here?" – you know, like that completely random, unexplained dream sequence Thor has in AoU, that nobody complains about!?!

Other than that, EVERYTHING is explained... absolutely everything - and it doesn't take much concentration to watch the movie and see it for yourself... but I guess if you go into something with preconceived ideas of what to expect!
Seriously the film has one plot, with two or three small sub-plots twisting through it, that all lead to the same place anyway... you couldn't follow that Lex was setting up Superman right from the outset in the desert? Or follow that Lois was investigating where the bullet was from, or Lex manipulating Wally Keefe etc.? Seriously - you couldn't follow that?
The only curveball could be Wonder Woman, but I thought she was introduced superbly – for example, how many movies did Black Widow appear in before AoU? And only then did she get any decent character progression/explanation –*WW felt more fleshed out in a few short scenes than her, Hawkeye or Falcon for example.

Dario, are you getting this Batman figure? How about the other ones? How about you Starscream?

Sorry mate, missed your post.

I will definitely get the Supes, but not so sure about Batman yet. I don't particularly like any of Batman's suits in the film, I prefer a leaner look. Having said that, I will probably end up getting one of them when they release.

And it shows! :slap

Whilst the dream sequences are - quite intentionally - vague, they are supposed to make you go "WTF is going on here?" – you know, like that completely random, unexplained dream sequence Thor has in AoU, that nobody complains about!?!

Other than that, EVERYTHING is explained... absolutely everything - and it doesn't take much concentration to watch the movie and see it for yourself... but I guess if you go into something with preconceived ideas of what to expect!
Seriously the film has one plot, with two or three small sub-plots twisting through it, that all lead to the same place anyway... you couldn't follow that Lex was setting up Superman right from the outset in the desert? Or follow that Lois was investigating where the bullet was from, or Lex manipulating Wally Keefe etc.? Seriously - you couldn't follow that?
The only curveball could be Wonder Woman, but I thought she was introduced superbly – for example, how many movies did Black Widow appear in before AoU? And only then did she get any decent character progression/explanation –*WW felt more fleshed out in a few short scenes than her, Hawkeye or Falcon for example.

So you have to see it more than once in order to be able to like it? No wonder it got such bad reviews.

Thor's is exactly the same. Entirely unnecessary and detracts from the plot.

If so many of you had to see it several times to be able to take it all in, then it can't be that well explained. A lot of the 'obvious' bits are based on theory and guesswork. I watched it with an open mind, as I do with every film.

The film has one main plot, but, as I said, it is hampered by the various subplots and dream sequences.

Black Widow has been a supporting character in every film she's been in. Wonder Woman is one of the big guns, about to get her own movie. I'd hope she'd be more fleshed out. And, to be fair, the mystery is a big part of Black Widow's character.

Actually, I only saw it once and wasn't distracted or confused by the subplots. :dunno
But I do agree that the dream/nightmare sequences were a bit overdone, at least for my tastes.

Back to the figure, I'm really looking forward to this.
I can't wait to have Afleck's Batman and Bale's Batman next to each other. Makes me even want to have a Keaton Batman...

Actually, I only saw it once and wasn't distracted or confused by the subplots. :dunno
But I do agree that the dream/nightmare sequences were a bit overdone, at least for my tastes.

Back to the figure, I'm really looking forward to this.
I can't wait to have Afleck's Batman and Bale's Batman next to each other. Makes me even want to have a Keaton Batman...

Same here.

I already have a West Bats, a BR Keaton Bats and the DX12 TDKR Bats. Can't wait to add this one to the collection.

Why is it a bite? I'm not baiting.

The main storyline is hampered by the many subplots which distract from it, causing confusion and a poor flow. Many of these subplots are left unexplained, and while they may be explained in sequels down the line, it only detracts from the main plot of the film itself.

The film's entire timeline is oddly structured, with the only real action sequences seen at the end of the film, causing it to feel unbalanced. The final fight with Doomsday came far too soon after the Batman vs Superman battle, a little breathing space would have helped with the balance. That breathing space could have been used to make the coming together of the trinity and Doomsday feel more natural and less clunky.

The film loses focus at many points, choosing to shoehorn in dream sequences which serve no real purpose, which again, provides only a distraction from the main storyline. The loss of focus also upsets the pacing and interrupts the drive of the main story.

A lot of things are left unexplained, and switching out some of the unnecessary scenes for some which would provide an explanation for some of the more murky parts of the film would help to make the film feel more whole. It also would have made the film more accessible for the average moviegoer, who, let's not forget, are worth far much more to the company than comic book fanatics.

Again, these are mostly vague statements not backed up by anything, not even examples.
You also manage to repeat yourself several times in these few lines.
Once we trim the fat we're left with three points:

1- The subplots.
They are not confusing at all, they are all part of the same story and converge nicely towards the main event.

2- The dream sequence and Justice League hints.
They take very little time in the film and do not distract from the main story (then again you had a hard time following that).
They are a nod to the fans and hint at bigger things to come for everyone else, same exact thing the Marvel after credit scenes do.
I like the fact that these are included in the film itself, it's a matter of taste.

3- The structure.
As is the case with all action movies the big action comes in the last act, that being said there are action scenes throughout.
The pace is sustained even in non action scenes, there's not a dull moment in BVS.

Which are the subplots that are left unexplained?
Which are the unnecessary scenes and murky parts?
We've established that you did not understand parts of the story or main character arcs and that you do not back up your claims, borrowing critic's opinions instead.
You stated that you hated the movie and probably won't buy the Batman figure yet you come here repeatedly to complain about BVS.
That is trolling my friend.

Haha – I am indeed getting this Batman figure, along with Wonder Woman currently. I like the armoured and Knightmare versions, but finances dictate I only get these two right now, but I will be picking Superman up too. I passed on the MoS figure as I didn't think they got him quite right, but I love the improvements in the movie suit design, so I'll pick him up soon, I don't think he'll sell out like the other two will.
My ultimate plan is to have the whole Justice League (fingers crossed).

The only worry you have with Hot Toys is that they'll bring out these figures again, for Justice League, or a Batman from Suicide Squad, that will be better.

That's the two who I'm sticking to now. Maybe Supes if he were to go on sale, the body is admittedly better than MOS. I'm worried about the trinity getting better figures for Justice League too but I really like WW and Bats so I'm still getting them. I'll laugh if Batman gets a better figure as soon as Suicide Squad, then I'll probably break down and get it. Wonder Woman's suit looks pretty much the same soooo I'm probably good there.

Sorry mate, missed your post.

I will definitely get the Supes, but not so sure about Batman yet. I don't particularly like any of Batman's suits in the film, I prefer a leaner look. Having said that, I will probably end up getting one of them when they release.
Actually, the normal suit is leaner already, that's the one I'm going for.

For the first time in my Hot Toys collecting life, there is ONE accessory that I would really like - The kryptonite spear. Maybe it will come with the Lex Luthor figure?
I second this.

I also wish it would've included a battle damaged helmet with an angry Bruce Wayne sculpt underneath.

Batman with his boot on Supes' throat would've made for an incredible display.

Hi everyone,

I have been snooping around the forum for about 4 years or so, reading all your comments on various figures and statues. I am proud to say i finally decided to jump on the hot toys collection wagon starting with the BvS line. During the past 4 years, I mainly collect batman black and white statues and kotobukiya artfx figures because of budget constrains due to university.

I had actually already set my eyes on starting the collection back when I first saw the trailers for BvS but after seeing the initial prototype, I was disappointed. I only preordered after seeing the new batman prototype and so far, I have batman, superman, wonder woman and armored batman on my order list so far.

At the end of the day, as a collector, I would want to collect and display my pieces from the same movie together. So even if hot toys release a newer batman for the suicide squad movie, I will still be contended with the BvS one. Chances are, when the justice league movie rolls out the following year, any improvements made will carry over to the new figure, and I will get the batman from the justice league movie.

I second this.

I also wish it would've included a battle damaged helmet with an angry Bruce Wayne sculpt underneath.

Batman with his boot on Supes' throat would've made for an incredible display.

This.

batman-v-superman-armored-batman-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902645-01.jpg

Just with some BD and the Kryptonite spear raised.

Originally Posted by Tourist

Again, these are mostly vague statements not backed up by anything, not even examples.
You also manage to repeat yourself several times in these few lines.
Once we trim the fat we're left with three points:

1- The subplots.
They are not confusing at all, they are all part of the same story and converge nicely towards the main event.

2- The dream sequence and Justice League hints.
They take very little time in the film and do not distract from the main story (then again you had a hard time following that).
They are a nod to the fans and hint at bigger things to come for everyone else, same exact thing the Marvel after credit scenes do.
I like the fact that these are included in the film itself, it's a matter of taste.

3- The structure.
As is the case with all action movies the big action comes in the last act, that being said there are action scenes throughout.
The pace is sustained even in non action scenes, there's not a dull moment in BVS.

Which are the subplots that are left unexplained?
Which are the unnecessary scenes and murky parts?
We've established that you did not understand parts of the story or main character arcs and that you do not back up your claims, borrowing critic's opinions instead.
You stated that you hated the movie and probably won't buy the Batman figure yet you come here repeatedly to complain about BVS.
That is trolling my friend.

:goodpost:

Exactly!

That's the two who I'm sticking to now. Maybe Supes if he were to go on sale, the body is admittedly better than MOS. I'm worried about the trinity getting better figures for Justice League too but I really like WW and Bats so I'm still getting them.

I actually think that Superman's suit will be lighter/brigher in the JL movie - and I think this was intentional, as his story-arc ends with the planet embracing him and accepting him, not fearing him.

As for better figures coming out with JL... well I hope the DCEU doesn't change costumes for every movie, like some others we could mention, so it will probably be improving on what we've already had - if they do improve WW, then i'd try and just pick up a new HS on Ebay, rather than buy the figure again... I'll need to save my pennies for Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.

First I loved all these figures, then I feared the movie would suck and I turned away from the line. Now, having seen the movie, I love them all again. This is probably the first line from which I will buy everything. Or I want to buy everything. I'm trying to tell myself not to buy all three Batman-figures. But the dream Batman is a given, the armor as well, and the "normal" Batman... well...
I am waiting to see in hands pic of WW, but she needs to be REALLY bad, for me NOT to buy her.

I actually think that Superman's suit will be lighter/brigher in the JL movie - and I think this was intentional, as his story-arc ends with the planet embracing him and accepting him, not fearing him.

As for better figures coming out with JL... well I hope the DCEU doesn't change costumes for every movie, like some others we could mention, so it will probably be improving on what we've already had - if they do improve WW, then i'd try and just pick up a new HS on Ebay, rather than buy the figure again... I'll need to save my pennies for Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.
zack_snyder_justice_league.jpg
Here is a pic from the costume room for JLA. You can't see a whole lot but I'm wondering what that black costume is. They wouldn't put Batman back in all black so soon after he finally gets gray & black costume, right?

They will change the costumes. There's no reason not to and every reason to. And we already know they do. Mos superman to BvS superman costume.

Yeah I don't get it. It's not a perfect movie but it's not as bad as it's made out to be by some folks. You get th cliche complaints that critics say and are regurgitated by folks on the net. It's to dark, there's not enough light moments talk. How it's just not possible to enjoy a dark movie. Even though there is this genre called horror...it seems to do ok. How much joking was in blade runner or revenant or jaws? Was it impossible to enjoy those? I love the comments about Martha and the name drop thing. All while they praise winter soldier, where cap got through to Bucky by stating "I'm with you to the end of the line" to make him recall his humanity and see hope. But somehow that's different. And then they batman doesn't kill...or the even better he doesn't "murder" talk. Which is asine. He kills in nearly every previous film series. In comics. In games.

The knightmare sequence is distracting? Huh? How does that work? It's not like they play that sequence on one screen while the other plot stuff on another and you have to choose. Not exactly distracting. And as for why it's there...it's there so that Bruce sees what happens if he pushes superman away or kills him...it ties directly into the theme of the film. Consequences.

And I'm a big marvel fan as well as DC. I think it's silly to put them against each other. It's nice to have the lighter stuff with marvel and a bit of darker stuff with DC. Not every movie needs campy in it. Not every universe has to be like the Mcu. We already had 50 years of campy batman and superman. I'll take a superman movie where when Zod hits him he does actual damage instead of flying into a shutter and denting it. And yes, seriously, from the reeve film Zod hits superman (or one of the other two I think it was Zod though) and he flys into the side of a building and the total extent of the damage is a dented shutter. But hey, he tells jokes and no one dies on screen! Lol

Back