1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, these are mostly vague statements not backed up by anything, not even examples.
You also manage to repeat yourself several times in these few lines.
Once we trim the fat we're left with three points:

1- The subplots.
They are not confusing at all, they are all part of the same story and converge nicely towards the main event.

2- The dream sequence and Justice League hints.
They take very little time in the film and do not distract from the main story (then again you had a hard time following that).
They are a nod to the fans and hint at bigger things to come for everyone else, same exact thing the Marvel after credit scenes do.
I like the fact that these are included in the film itself, it's a matter of taste.

3- The structure.
As is the case with all action movies the big action comes in the last act, that being said there are action scenes throughout.
The pace is sustained even in non action scenes, there's not a dull moment in BVS.

Which are the subplots that are left unexplained?
Which are the unnecessary scenes and murky parts?
We've established that you did not understand parts of the story or main character arcs and that you do not back up your claims, borrowing critic's opinions instead.
You stated that you hated the movie and probably won't buy the Batman figure yet you come here repeatedly to complain about BVS.
That is trolling my friend.

Forgive me for not listing every single subplot and dream sequence. I doubt people who have seen it even three or four times could tell you them all off the top of their head.

My post was as short and too the point as possible. If you read it, you see that I was not repeating myself, but in fact bringing up another issue which caused the same problem.

Not confusing? Parts of the film are as vague as you could possibly get.

I don't know the exact total running time of the dream sequences, but I'd hazard a guess that all of them combined are longer than both the Batman vs Superman fight and the Doomsday fight put together. Not what I'd call 'very little time'.

Not a dull moment? I respect your dedication to the film, but I feel (as I know many others do) that in parts it felt like a chore. There were some really exciting scenes, such as Bruce's view of the events of MoS, and Batman's branding scene, but they were spread so unevenly that it really did upset the flow.

You can't think of think of any (as of now) unexplained subplots? You can't think of any unclear moments? That, I find doubtful.

What critics opinions have I borrowed? And not once have I complained about the film outside of responses to other people's posts.

As for the figure, if you actually read my post, you'd know that I haven't ruled it out. And the troll thing is getting tiresome. Is it so that everyone who didn't think the film was faultless is a troll?

Several pages about crap that has nothing to do with the figure. Maybe this thread needs to be cleaned or closed so some people can take their movie discussion elseware.

Yeah I don't get it. It's not a perfect movie but it's not as bad as it's made out to be by some folks. You get th cliche complaints that critics say and are regurgitated by folks on the net. It's to dark, there's not enough light moments talk. How it's just not possible to enjoy a dark movie. Even though there is this genre called horror...it seems to do ok. How much joking was in blade runner or revenant or jaws? Was it impossible to enjoy those? I love the comments about Martha and the name drop thing. All while they praise winter soldier, where cap got through to Bucky by stating "I'm with you to the end of the line" to make him recall his humanity and see hope. But somehow that's different. And then they batman doesn't kill...or the even better he doesn't "murder" talk. Which is asine. He kills in nearly every previous film series. In comics. In games.

The knightmare sequence is distracting? Huh? How does that work? It's not like they play that sequence on one screen while the other plot stuff on another and you have to choose. Not exactly distracting. And as for why it's there...it's there so that Bruce sees what happens if he pushes superman away or kills him...it ties directly into the theme of the film. Consequences.

And I'm a big marvel fan as well as DC. I think it's silly to put them against each other. It's nice to have the lighter stuff with marvel and a bit of darker stuff with DC. Not every movie needs campy in it. Not every universe has to be like the Mcu. We already had 50 years of campy batman and superman. I'll take a superman movie where when Zod hits him he does actual damage instead of flying into a shutter and denting it. And yes, seriously, from the reeve film Zod hits superman (or one of the other two I think it was Zod though) and he flys into the side of a building and the total extent of the damage is a dented shutter. But hey, he tells jokes and no one dies on screen! Lol

:exactly:

Several pages about crap that has nothing to do with the figure. Maybe this thread needs to be cleaned or closed so some people can take their movie discussion elseware.

I get what you're saying and I would concur, however, what else is there left to talk about at this point that we don't already know about a figure that hasn't yet released? No new updates, no new developments. It makes sense that people would eventually find something else to talk about in the interim that's in the same vein. As long as it remains civil and nobody starts an outright flame war, I don't see the issue.

There are no news about the figure to talk about.
We keep our interest up by talking about the movie.

... Not confusing? Parts of the film are as vague as you could possibly get ...
... You can't think of think of any (as of now) unexplained subplots? You can't think of any unclear moments? That, I find doubtful ...
Again, give me examples instead of dancing around the issue.
We've all asked several times and you are unable to come up with anything.

... I don't know the exact total running time of the dream sequences, but I'd hazard a guess that all of them combined are longer than both the Batman vs Superman fight and the Doomsday fight put together. Not what I'd call 'very little time' ...
Ridiculous, the dream sequence is less than two minutes.

... And the troll thing is getting tiresome. Is it so that everyone who didn't think the film was faultless is a troll?
No, what makes you a troll is coming repeatedly in a thread about a figure you probably won't buy (your words) to bash a movie you hated (your words again) without EVER providing a single example backing up your claims.
You could have said you disliked the movie and moved on but you chose to troll the thread instead.

No, what makes you a troll is coming repeatedly in a thread about a figure you probably won't buy (your words) to bash a movie you hated (your words again) without EVER providing a single example backing up your claims.
You could have said you disliked the movie and moved on but you chose to troll the thread instead.

Every single dream sequence is vague, even if you do have some knowledge of the DC universe. Imagine watching it with none?

Subplots such as the one with the disabled Wayne Enterprises employee were left unclear. We don't even know if he chose to blow himself up or if it was planted by Lex. Other subplots, such as Lois' with the bullet, didn't really go anywhere, and may as well have been left out.

A troll for discussing the movie? The exact same thing that you are also partaking in?

Forgive me for not listing every single subplot and dream sequence. I doubt people who have seen it even three or four times could tell you them all off the top of their head. Not confusing? Parts of the film are as vague as you could possibly get.

You can't think of think of any (as of now) unexplained subplots? You can't think of any unclear moments? That, I find doubtful.

I do have to agree with Tourist here, SS.

Whenever you have been asked to substantiate your claims, you have indeed favored vague responses that are sort of reverse psychology tactics that essentially say, "What, you don't think the film was confusing? You can't think of any unclear moments yourself? You should know the things that make a film good and bad."

As an analogy, this tactic would essentially be the same if someone made an assertion and you told them that they are wrong, and instead of you proving that they're wrong and providing any sort of substantiation, you tell the other person that it's incumbent on them to prove that they're right as a way to dodge having to provide any substantiation of your own.

now that you bring the cowl tech up, how come the armored version suit already had wear and battle scars? the suit wasnt new it looked as if he fought some else with it, maybe Bane? Superman tore it up pretty good in the end though

now that you bring the cowl tech up, how come the armored version suit already had wear and battle scars? the suit wasnt new it looked as if he fought some else with it, maybe Bane? Superman tore it up pretty good in the end though

Testing- probably fired alot of weapons at it and took huge bashes from a steel mallet by Alfred!:lol

"The Tech Cowl" is supposed to be what's under the regular mask. That's what it looks looks like in the tech manual for the movie. You know what would be kinda cool? A figure that looks like the costume pics below. It's a perfect version of the design with perfect hero proportions that looks like Batman without having to look like Affleck. Don't get me wrong, I like Ben in costume but this would be more of a comic fantasy version. I would have this version to go along with the Ben version as opposed to instead of it.
maxresdefault.jpgc5bd135cd845b8addf9261ea570847b1.jpg2c2eb06dd03e0e94a4e7b57db2af0fb8.jpg

Don't forget this Batman is a veteran who's been fighting crime for 20yrs – we know he has a rogue's gallery and have seen Joker, Harley and Croc exist in this universe so it will have seen use in the past no doubt.

Every single dream sequence is vague, even if you do have some knowledge of the DC universe. Imagine watching it with none?
There are only two dream sequences, one only lasts a few seconds.
They're vague on purpose because they're teases, do you really not understand that?
People who do not read comics (my wife for example) understand they hint at bigger things to come and fans get a few nods.
Same thing as some of the Marvel post credit scenes.
At any rate, the dream sequences are no more than two minutes in a two and a half hour movie.

Subplots such as the one with the disabled Wayne Enterprises employee were left unclear. We don't even know if he chose to blow himself up or if it was planted by Lex. Other subplots, such as Lois' with the bullet, didn't really go anywhere, and may as well have been left out.
Unclear to you maybe but not to anyone who paid attention.
McNairy's character is manipulated and eventually assassinated by Luthor.
Lois's bullet proves that Luthor was also behind the attempt at framing Superman for the events in Africa.
You blame the movie because you fail to understand it.

A troll for discussing the movie? The exact same thing that you are also partaking in?
Nope, a troll because you were only pretending to discuss the movie while carefully dancing around the issues.

I thought the opening credits scene with the swarm of bats was a dream sequence, too.
"In the dream, they brought me up to the light. A beautiful lie."

I thought the opening credits scene with the swarm of bats was a dream sequence, too.
"In the dream, they brought me up to the light. A beautiful lie."

You are right but it is a genuine dream Wayne had not a vision related to Apokolips or possible future events, that's why I kept it separate.
We have the flying kid and mausoleum dreams which are insights into Bruce Wayne's psyche and we have the Knightmare sequence followed by the Flash's message which are visions / premonitions of Apokolips.

Back