1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered this. Used the $20 off coupon and my gift cards. Didn't want to miss out on the exclusive. Putting my full trust in Hot Toys to deliver on this figure like they did with the changes to the Man of Steel Superman figure

:yess::clap
Finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered this. Used the $20 off coupon and my gift cards. Didn't want to miss out on the exclusive. Putting my full trust in Hot Toys to deliver on this figure like they did with the changes to the Man of Steel Superman figure

Hey guys!

I need some help. I'm looking to buy this but I'm not sure what the best choice of store would be. I cant use Sideshow because it wont ship to my country... My options are bigbadtoystore, popcultcha (western stuff) or ebay. From what I understand Hot toys release earlier in hong kong but after contacting one of the HK sellers on ebay he mentioned that the release date would be around september for him even though in most western sites it specifies july as the ETA.

Basically I'm looking for someone experienced with ebay and the difference in release date between HK and sideshow (Western outlets). Really appreciate any help, thanks in advance :)

while stripping down my barbie batman ,there's a sentence i never thought id ever say lol ,it struck me some of the hot toys batman problems could be explained or solved the way mattel made this barbie
barbie bats has a extra muscle form attached and under his suit

20160217_143619_zpsfrcc6osl.jpg

now if the extra form had the batsuit fabric glued down on it showing the musculature ,sort of like this

20160217_143934_zpsisibhshn.jpg

and the body was recessed to match seamlessly,or hidden with fabric seems or contours of the suit design ,unlike how ive just placed the form over the body with fabric underneath to show the placement ,

20160217_144046_zps51pgt2sl.jpg

this would show the musculature and definition and depending on the material used for the muscle form not hinder articulation as much as glueing the suit to all of the complete figure ,as it would be a fabric covered panel ,anyway just a thought and could perhaps explain the lines or seams in the chest area section of the hot toys prototype

12376121_10153207373892344_5360895122461074487_n.jpg

Where do you live, out of interest? HK eBay sellers are probably your best bet, though sometimes they charge over the odds for the convenience of getting it earlier.

I just don't understand why hot toys can't sculpt musculature. Every figure that has pecs except for their superman figures have boobs. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455730866.751148.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455730874.052613.jpg

Where do you live, out of interest? HK eBay sellers are probably your best bet, though sometimes they charge over the odds for the convenience of getting it earlier.

I live in Egypt. The way I've bought my previous hot toys was when they were in stock in hong kong (thats when they really put the price up) as of right now the price is about even on boh ebay and normal outlets (including shipping) What i'm more curious about is the release date. Is it for sure that ebay hong kong sellers get the products before sideshow/bigbad or has there been exceptions where they both get it at the same time, etc... since the ebay guy told me he'd be getting it in stock by september (which put me off)

Thank you for your response :)

I live in Egypt. The way I've bought my previous hot toys was when they were in stock in hong kong (thats when they really put the price up) as of right now the price is about even on boh ebay and normal outlets (including shipping) What i'm more curious about is the release date. Is it for sure that ebay hong kong sellers get the products before sideshow/bigbad or has there been exceptions where they both get it at the same time, etc... since the ebay guy told me he'd be getting it in stock by september (which put me off)

Thank you for your response :)

HK sellers always (as far as I know) beat Sideshow by several weeks. Usually about a month or a little over, depending on how fast sideshow get the figures.

Since HT releases its figures first in HK, HK sellers get their "stock" or what have you much more quickly than Sideshow. There's typically a six- to eight-week gap between a figure's release in HK and Sideshow shipping the first of its figures to its customers.

Zolstorm, I wouldn't put too much stock into eBay sellers' estimates, no matter how valued and trusted they are. They may be making a better or more educated guess than the rest of us but they're still just speculating.

Hey guys!

I need some help. I'm looking to buy this but I'm not sure what the best choice of store would be. I cant use Sideshow because it wont ship to my country... My options are bigbadtoystore, popcultcha (western stuff) or ebay. From what I understand Hot toys release earlier in hong kong but after contacting one of the HK sellers on ebay he mentioned that the release date would be around september for him even though in most western sites it specifies july as the ETA.

Basically I'm looking for someone experienced with ebay and the difference in release date between HK and sideshow (Western outlets). Really appreciate any help, thanks in advance :)

Well. I'm guessing a March - April release for this figure. I don't think Hot Toys really gave a release date.
Either way, with how things are going these days, HT would have to release their first DOJ figure around the movie release. Now whether that will be Batman of Man of Steel will remain to be seen.

I think you can just do a quick google search. There are online stores that have HT figures for pre-order. Most of them aren't well know or have a lot of reviews but that's mostly because they started as small physically shops are now just branching out.

Well. I'm guessing a March - April release for this figure. I don't think Hot Toys really gave a release date.
Either way, with how things are going these days, HT would have to release their first DOJ figure around the movie release. Now whether that will be Batman of Man of Steel will remain to be seen.

I think you can just do a quick google search. There are online stores that have HT figures for pre-order. Most of them aren't well know or have a lot of reviews but that's mostly because they started as small physically shops are now just branching out.

No way is this figure coming out that soon.

OSR is usually pretty spot on with release dates:

OSR: UPCOMING RELEASES / HOT TOYS SCHEDULE - ADJUSTED BY OSR / BY HOT TOYS JAPAN

But obviously those are all the projected dates for eastern releases. Add about another 4-6 weeks to those dates for the western release.

Damn, looking at that list makes me realize all the figures I want this year. Batman, Superman, Deadpool, Rey, Fury, WM Mk II, and maybe T-800 Guardian. And I've still yet to get Thanos or Vision... AND that's not counting unannounced figures like Spidey.

I was really excited about this Figure until I saw Batman wearing his pyjamas. If Hot Toys are improving the figure (As they did with the Fat Man of Steel) I hope they post some updated images, because I'm losing interest in this purchase.

Also where is the Wonder Woman figure?

This is the Scret Base schedule by budget Stark. Is probably subjected to change but most of the time is accurate.

Q1 = January, February and March
Q2 = April, May and June
Q3 = July, August and September
Q4 = October, November, December.

FB_IMG_1455891630872.jpg
FB_IMG_1455891638425.jpg

I was really excited about this Figure until I saw Batman wearing his pyjamas. If Hot Toys are improving the figure (As they did with the Fat Man of Steel) I hope they post some updated images, because I'm losing interest in this purchase.

Also where is the Wonder Woman figure?

The figure is already improving HT stated at Toy Soul that the figure will continue to be worked on before release.
FB_IMG_1454505601651.jpg

I wonder when/if we are gonna see an updated prototype of this? I'd like to see the prototype again in a new pose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back