1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A year or two ago, I would have PO'd Max Bats. But at the moment, I'm just really trying my best to be more selective on future purchases.
I'm kinda running out of room, and I dare not get another detolf, cause I know that would be an excuse to get more figures. lol.
So I'm really trying my best not to get multiples of the same character.
That's one of the reason I havent bought Batman Returns...I have too many Batman.
But the thought has crossed my mind to sell dx02 and get Max Bats.

Oh man...I didnt even think about a possible HT Doomsday...:horror

Ah, I see. You have some serious decisions to make, my friend. :duff I'm hoping that Doomsday is as lame as he appears in the trailer. Otherwise... :pow

Wait wahh. You guys think the 1/2 head looks better?

I keep looking at it and it just has a weird artificial quality to it. Something about the paint and how the mouth is placed into the cowl just looks odd. The cowl texture also seems a bit off, more leathery than the sandpaper-like grain it should have. The fact that it's 1/2 will make imperfections stand out even more... the 1/6 HT head already looks to have finer details.

HT.jpg
12642723_10156449652975431_7047053374230036387_n.jpg

HT's head is far better. I sure hope this does turn out like the Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure.

I keep looking at it and it just has a weird artificial quality to it. Something about the paint and how the mouth is placed into the cowl just looks odd. The cowl texture also seems a bit off, more leathery than the sandpaper-like grain it should have. The fact that it's 1/2 will make imperfections stand out even more... the 1/6 HT head already looks to have finer details.

View attachment 244902
View attachment 244901
HT head sculpt looks much more accurate to me. I don't understand why their Armored Batman looks so weird in the face.

View attachment 244902
View attachment 244901

That is what makes the 1/2 more realistic. The imperfections you mentioned actually adds more to the realism. To me, the 1/2 looks like Ben in a mask.
It looks like an actual person wearing a mask.
Dont get me wrong, The HT looks phenomenal, but it looks more plasticky, too perfect.
Look at the trailers, look at the actual pictures of Ben, the promo shots...and that 1/2 is spot on.

I am 100% getting the HT cause I want a B v S shelf...and I'm very happy that HT's cowl is magnificent.
But for me personally, the 1/2 is on another level, it looks so realistic...it looks something out of a madam Tussaud's museum.

12715499_1099717966735488_7892545544691671687_n.jpg

Last edited:
I really hope HT can get the physique on this figure like the suit in the film otherwise I would rather spend my money on a statue of Batman cause I have to have a representation of this design in my collection. So far HT's isn't up to par for me costume and body wise with the loose looking fabric in areas, saggy moobs, small shoulders and somewhat weird proportions of the legs and arms compared to the torso.

To me it looks like they've made the costume for a much bulkier body and then put it on a regular true type for the pre-order pictures shoot. Just looks odd in those pics. That said, the sculpt and tailoring on the costume are amazing, and if nothing changes I may just wait and see what it looks like when someone inevitably put the suit and sculpt on a muscle body.

Last edited:
Back