1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't regret getting a wired cape at all. Takes the figure to the next level and beyond !

Yeah, definitely! Got the capes this morning (well, two of them, anyway) and immediately see how dramatic it looks. Just gorgeous. Like he stepped out of a (Jim Lee) comic book panel.

Hopefully this weekend I'll start trying my hand at photographing the figures posed behind backdrops of screenshots from the films on a 43" 4K TV. Still just using an iPhone, but I'll get a tripod and some sort of directional lighting. Have to experiment a bit with the light sources. Dean Knight says he just uses simple bicycle lights! But I want to find some colored lights to do my best to match the various hues in the backdrop screens.

Yeah, definitely! Got the capes this morning (well, two of them, anyway) and immediately see how dramatic it looks. Just gorgeous. Like he stepped out of a (Jim Lee) comic book panel.

Hopefully this weekend I'll start trying my hand at photographing the figures posed behind backdrops of screenshots from the films on a 43" 4K TV. Still just using an iPhone, but I'll get a tripod and some sort of directional lighting. Have to experiment a bit with the light sources. Dean Knight says he just uses simple bicycle lights! But I want to find some colored lights to do my best to match the various hues in the backdrop screens.

Awesome. Yes I was even going to mention comic book images as inspiration. Pics of Batman with the cape blowing to the side and around him are particularly easy to achieve with wired capes.

Will be interested in the photos. I guess if the lights are strong enough you could deflect them off something matt to get some indirect lighting (like they do in those photo shoots).

013.jpg

Im still gutted we'll never see more Batfleck. His departure marked the end of DCU for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the DCEU is in shambles right now in my opinion. Granted their last film did 1 billion and they still have WW84 coming, but that’s about it. Haven’t heard any news about Flashpoint, there’s no Batman, and who knows when we’ll see Superman again, if there even is one at the moment.

Yeah, Warner originally embraced Snyder's vision but the problem was their timing, they should have dumped him right after MoS's poor reviews or stuck with him though JL, let him fully establish the mytho and then change the mood.
It's a case of too much or not enough.
We're now left with some successful films connected to unpopular ones (with stars leaving), it's impossible to make a whole.
The only option left for a DCEU is a to reboot whatever doesn't work, keep the rest and not talk about it.

Yeah, Warner originally embraced Snyder's vision but the problem was their timing, they should have dumped him right after MoS's poor reviews or stuck with him though JL, let him fully establish the mytho and then change the mood.
It's a case of too much or not enough.
We're now left with some successful films connected to unpopular ones (with stars leaving), it's impossible to make a whole.
The only option left for a DCEU is a to reboot whatever doesn't work, keep the rest and not talk about it.

:exactly:

Or just continue with the existing characters that are successful (Aquaman & WW) as individual universes, and forget they were ever connected with the JL. Their characters seem to be more successful in film when they exist in their own vacuum universe, as opposed a shared universe.

Or just continue with the existing characters that are successful (Aquaman & WW) as individual universes, and forget they were ever connected with the JL. Their characters seem to be more successful in film when they exist in their own vacuum universe, as opposed a shared universe.

That would work too but when the Batman and eventually a Superman movie come out it may complicate matters.
So far all the movies are in the same universe, they should keep it this way even if the characters don't play together that much (at some point we know they will again).
Marvel's AoS, Daredevil etc... are only loosely connected to the MCU but should the studio need them, they're here.

Why there's no Superman movie in development right now (as far as we know) is frankly baffling.

I havn't gone for the custom cape yet, but hoping to when the funds are there for one, love how he looks on my shelf stock though, I'm in no hurry

53752226_1301870479950712_536699027408814080_n.jpg

That said... my 89 Bats needs a cape asap...

I havn't gone for the custom cape yet, but hoping to when the funds are there for one, love how he looks on my shelf stock though, I'm in no hurry

53752226_1301870479950712_536699027408814080_n.jpg

That said... my 89 Bats needs a cape asap...

Awesome pose mate!

Looks really natural. Iv got an unreal wired cape on mine now but think I’ll need to pick up another to copy your look!

Awesome pose mate!

Looks really natural. Iv got an unreal wired cape on mine now but think I’ll need to pick up another to copy your look!

Thanks! Was going for natural, I did it for a shoot when I first got it and haven’t changed it lol

do_you_bleed__by_gaunted_danwl26-fullview.jpg

That is a great photo. Beautifully done. I haven't gotten to it yet but that's the sort of photography (with TV screen as background) that I want to take a crack at myself with these figures. Still need to get some lights to do it right. And the time it takes to fuss over getting good shots.

Wow, spectacular photo! Looks just like a screen shot from the film.

That’s what I generally go for, when people see my shots for the first time they have no idea they’re looking at toys, that’s probably my favourite lol
Thank you!

That is a great photo. Beautifully dome. I haven't gotten to it yet but that's the sort of photography (with TV screen as background) that I want to take a crack at myself with these figures. Still need to get some lights to do it right. And the time it takes to fuss over getting good shots.

I used my computer monitor for that shot, it’s a great option and really takes the photos to another level. There can be some futzing in post to make them look more realistic, too (I’ll resize hands, fabrics, etc to look more natural/real)

Back