1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now, it seems like Knightmare will have the superior prototype. Pants + the duster should do a great deal towards taking the attention away from his awkward proportions. I kind of wonder if these won't be like Iron Man 3 Tony Stark, with people getting updated pics at a later date because the criticism seems surprisingly vocal this time around.

Indeed! Knightmare Batman's outfit can hide some of the fallacies with this poorly-proportioned prototype.

I'm mostly disappointed because this is by-far, my favorite film Batman costume and you KNOW Hot Toys can do better than this. It captures the classic black & gray comic look with realism and to see Hot Toys shovel out a bad prototype when they HAVE done so much better in the past is bad form. There's really no excuses for them considering the amount of media out there that demonstrates how differently the suit actually looks on the actor and in the film.

Fix this up Hot Toys, you know and we know you all can do better.

Suit fabric looks like rubber to me, it's not tight up against the body, particularly at the elbows and knee areas. If it was fabric it would look far tighter like Superman and Vision.

Reminds me of the Arkham Bats prototype, but that was altered, so I can imagine there will be tweaks done on this suit.

Otherwise it looks great to me. Likeness to Affleck is spot on.

I'm buying it, but I think the proportions are off. Any chance this would be released around the same time as the movie?

:lol

12390889_10153333960523233_720798355646196095_n.jpg

lol the Fat Man edit is incredible
I'm really digging the figure though, it does look a bit thick but so did MOS - Superman in the prototype pics and that was fixed for mass market, so I figure this will be corrected along the way too

Just not sure why the movie design has such a beefy neck and mask, but it is what it is, I dig the overall look, just would have preferred a thinner neck and mask aesthetically for the movie and the figure

What would be cool is if they kept the body and suit as is, but instead of adding extra stuffed padding between them, they inserted thin plastic shells of sculpted ab plates, sculpted shoulder plates, sculpted thigh plates, etc. that snap on to the True type underneath the suit and adhere to poses.

Almost like the what they did on some of the muscular True types with the thighs. That would be really innovative.

View attachment 229489

I think that's what they did with the new superman figure.

Back