1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm chiming in to say what a lot have been saying. Great, great head sculpt. Couldn't ask for better. Suit doesn't fit right, and is my only real complaint. Great accessories, though. That always adds to the value for me.

The problem is, I want that Superman tech cowl, so I'll probably be buying a Supes to sell. Hope I can break even, or get pretty close...

This reminds me of HT's first run at TDK figures when it was said they were working from promo art and then hit v2 ones after more like the film and they continuously put them out there. This won't be the first Batman, it'll be one of four I'm sure. I like it enough, I'd be okay with this because someone here will recipe mods no problem.

If I can see a strong likeness to Affleck in the cowl I really hope they take full advantage of his likeness rights and make a Bruce Wayne figure.

Doesn't have that "wow" factor. Still looking forward to the film, but so far, both figures are a pass. Wonder Woman I will probably get, just cause... she's Wonder Woman

I don't know if it's just me but it kinda bugs me that we get all these people voicing there critical opinions and advice when I know I bought my first hot toys -MMS 67 batman in December 2008 and have bought at least 6 a year since & we have people on here talking like there experts on hot toys and they've been into it like two years and they know everything.
Just annoys me is all-rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first HT was their first attempt at TDK Joker.

Needless to say, I've learned not to jump to conclusions based on proto pics by now.

Yup I got that too. I think I kept it for a month at most lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are typical responses everytime HT shows a new figure. Honestly, that suit should be tighter, broader shoulders, and slim down the waist a little. The suit makes him look fat and not muscular, hoping HT will improve on it.

i'll never understand why they release pics of bad prototypes, a proto is supposed to reel in pre-orders and customers, makes no sense.

Eek. Not sure what's going on with this fig. The headsculpt are great. Body is just weird. I may still buy it.

For me the main thing is that affleck in the suit has boulders for shoulders and on the figure they are none existent.

Supes has massive shoulders on the figure. Don't know why batman doesn't.

Definitely need to tweak this figure, Hot Toys.

The whole body muscularity along with the suit is WAY off. Even though Batman is bulky in the suit, he's definitely cut-up and doesn't look like he's been packing too many donuts and cheeseburgers like this figure does. They did the same effect on Superman's suit where they had molded muscle definition you could see.

The suit needs to be tightened up, it should rest on the body similarly to the Superman figure. The hips should also be slightly narrower.

VczUi_0iLT2x.jpg

I've even seen the suit in-person at NYCC and it doesn't look fat like this at all... I don't understand how they can nail a similar look with Superman but be completely off with Batman. Very disappointing....I hope they fix it.

Last edited:
Def a pre order but as others said the stomach bugs me and the neck is a bit wide.

I think the only adjustment they need to do is trim the waistline a little so it'll have a v-shaped torso. Then again, he does look fat onscreen. I didn't like how fat and short he looks at the end of the last trailer (when Wonder Woman first showed up). Anyway, by early 2017 HT will probably release a 2-pack with improved body and Bruce Wayne figure. I'll just buy the current figure for display seated in the Batmobile -- it'll be the expendable figure, the batsuit will probably tear while trying to stuff the figure in the car.

Back