1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like they may have switched materials on that suit. I just don't see how cloth could hold that kind of muscle definition. They've either gone rubber or as i did on my barbie batman custom, glued the front section of the uniform to the body to get the muscle definition. i guess we'll see.

There is no material that when someone wears it they look like that. Especially when you factor in its multiple layers. Any costume where you see "abs" and muscle groups is false. The "muscles" are sewn into the suit. If Cavill takes the costume off it still has abs. Same for the batman suit and pretty much every other super hero suit.

Here's a pic of the mos suit...it wasn't as defined as the BvS suit but that was on purpose. But as you can see, it's still is "ripped" while on a stand. The BvS suit is the same. Even though Cavill got big those muscles groups don't show in any real world clothing.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
cavill got ridiculously buff for bvs

he could practically compete in pro bodybuilding competitions at this point, lol

There is no material that when someone wears it they look like that. Especially when you factor in its multiple layers. Any costume where you see "abs" and muscle groups is false. The "muscles" are sewn into the suit. If Cavill takes the costume off it still has abs. Same for the batman suit and pretty much every other super hero suit.

Here's a pic of the mos suit...it wasn't as defined as the BvS suit but that was on purpose. But as you can see, it's still is "ripped" while on a stand. The BvS suit is the same. Even though Cavill got big those muscles groups don't show in any real world clothing.

View attachment 257268
Yes, I understand the process but your picture is the actual, life-sized suit. This one is in 1/6 scale and I don't believe the procedure would translate so well into the 1/6 scale. The lowest dips on each muscle is too well defined for it to be stitched in, in 1/6. As I mentioned, the only way to simulate that process would be to glue in the fabric on the muscle definition of the 1/6 bodies and even then, I noticed that the cloth is still not able to "dip" into the recess in between the muscles. As far as I am able to understand, the only way to have such an exact muscle definition would be to sculpt it in the material.

However, as a I stated perhaps HT has found a new way that is able to accomplish this, I hope so. I don't want another arkham knight rubber statue. (which I am very leery and suspicious of, since this particular new prototype has only been shown in the same "hands on side" pose.

Cavill was indeed bigger for BvS than he was in MoS (which he was already pretty big in).

henry-cavill-gif-1.gif

However, I actually think Affleck looked more jacked than Cavill in this film, which is probably because he's just naturally a bigger guy in general.

Both suits still have layers of muscle sewn into them. Like Motux stated, there's no actual clothing that would definitively show some of those muscle groups that clearly, even skin tight water suits. I actually recall seeing an article roughly a week ago where they had an interview with the guy whose body they actually used as the model to cast the bat suit after.

Yes, I understand the process but your picture is the actual, life-sized suit. This one is in 1/6 scale and I don't believe the procedure would translate so well into the 1/6 scale. The lowest dips on each muscle is too well defined for it to be stitched in, in 1/6. As I mentioned, the only way to simulate that process would be to glue in the fabric on the muscle definition of the 1/6 bodies and even then, I noticed that the cloth is still not able to "dip" into the recess in between the muscles. As far as I am able to understand, the only way to have such an exact muscle definition would be to sculpt it in the material.

However, as a I stated perhaps HT has found a new way that is able to accomplish this, I hope so. I don't want another arkham knight rubber statue. (which I am very leery and suspicious of, since this particular new prototype has only been shown in the same "hands on side" pose.

Although the Sideshow MOS had been bashed a lot cause Sideshow mislead everyone and released the figure using PVC plastic instead of polystone, one thing it did right is emulate the actual suit.
The actual Superman costume had a silver muscle suit underneath, and a thin fabric costume on top of it, so when the lighting hits it, you can see the cool silvery highlights of the silver muscle suit underneath, giving the impression the suit is metallic. Hence, man of steel.

Sideshow MOS PF emulated this process by having the body underneath painted silver, and a thin fabric costume on top of it, giving the same effect.
I wish Hot Toys employed this process also.

Yeah, that Sideshow MoS suit looks really good, especially the glyph. It emulates the actual suit very well by having the same effect in light that the actual suit did. Like you said, I wish HT did this also.

The oval for the belt buckle per se looks a little too large though.

Yeah, that Sideshow MoS suit looks really good, especially the glyph. It emulates the actual suit very well by having the same effect in light that the actual suit did. Like you said, I wish HT did this also.

The oval for the belt buckle per se looks a little too large though.

The belt buckle does look bigger. The sculpt is also inferior to Hot Toys which is shocking since this was sculpted by Trevor Grove.
Overall, its a decent pf.
Its the suit that really stands out. It was the biggest selling point to me, cause usually, SS PF is mixed media...most of the time, the clothing is a mix of real clothes and sculpted clothing. The whole MOS PF costume is all fabric, including the boots.

I still prefer the Hot Toys version better. So a Hot Toys with this PF costume application would have been INCREDIBLE! :horror

The belt buckle does look bigger. The sculpt is also inferior to Hot Toys which is shocking since this was sculpted by Trevor Grove.
Its the suit that really stands out. It was the biggest selling point to me, cause usually, SS PF is mixed media...most of the time, the clothing is a mix of real clothes and sculpted clothing. The whole MOS PF costume is all fabric, including the boots.

I still prefer the Hot Toys version better. So a Hot Toys with this PF costume application would have been INCREDIBLE! :horror

If they ever decide to make a 1/4 scale figure, it would be awesome if they could try to replicate the suit like the PF.

I agree on all points and prefer the HT one for the same reasons. However, the HT figure with that costume effect would have been absolutely phenomenal like you mentioned.

I was looking at some close up images of the Sideshow MoS figure, and I also like the material they used for the cape. One quibble I have about the capes that HT uses on figures such as MoS and Thor is the seemingly smooth, lightweight, silky material they use that doesn't quite seem to emulate the actual fabric of their capes very well. While they have the best pleats that I've seen on capes, I wish they used just a slightly thicker material like the Sideshow figure seemingly has and some custom capes I've seen.

However, while I initially thought the HT stock cape was a little too bright, I actually like the color of it. It seems like it's the exact same color as the cape is in this particular image, and I really like the color tones of the suit in this particular image. I wouldn't be surprised if it's what HT actually used (or ones like it) as their model when making the suit.

attachment.php

The cape looked darker in the film, but I'm beginning to think that could be because of the darker tones used in the film and wasn't the actual color of the cape if you saw the suit in person.

Lol, they can't even give that PF away with heavy discounts.

PVC, looks absolutely NOTHING like Cavil, and $400?

Lol.

Just saw where supes is in the coming soon pic. Maybe that means Batman might get here buy June-July? I really hope so given that my birthday is in July.

Is anyone getting Batman and Black Panther? Which do you think looks better so far?

Back