1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conroy is my Batman, he is the one that I initially relate to the character because he WAS Batman for so long. He doesn't get this kind of conversation though for me because like you said he never put on a Batman costume.

For me Ben is number one, followed by Keaton, then Bale, then West, then Kilmer, then Clooney.

Kevin Conroy's Batman voice is fantastic - but it's the actual animation that everyone loves – if not for the groundbreaking treatment Batman recieved, no matter how good his voice, he would be no more Batman than Casey Kasem is Robin!

Well...after seeing the movie again this weekend, I'm in....threw myself on the waitlist for the two-pack...we'll see what happens...

Kevin Conroy's Batman voice is fantastic - but it's the actual animation that everyone loves – if not for the groundbreaking treatment Batman recieved, no matter how good his voice, he would be no more Batman than Casey Kasem is Robin!

Yes and no, I absolutely agree that B:TAS was the perfect storm in terms of voice talent, animation and overall feel but even in films where the animation looks nothing like B:TAS, Conroy IS Batman for me. Just hearing the voice brings back childhood nostalgia and smiles.

Well...after seeing the movie again this weekend, I'm in....threw myself on the waitlist for the two-pack...we'll see what happens...

I did the same but I'm considering canceling my WL for the 2-pack and getting just Bats and then putting the extra cash towards Knightmare/Apocalypse Batman.

I'm saving up my rewards points for Knightmare Batman....(that's what the name tag called it at the Wonder on display... much cooler name I think)...and even though I have the MOS version of Superman, I gotta have this one...the subtle changes to the suit look really good.

I'm saving up my rewards points for Knightmare Batman....(that's what the name tag called it at the Wonder on display... much cooler name I think)...and even though I have the MOS version of Superman, I gotta have this one...the subtle changes to the suit look really good.

I mostly like the new glyph on his chest. I prefer the oval belt buckle and the more condensed cuffs on his wrists. I still have this figure on PO though, as it looks exceptionally well done.

Someone got the head sculpts switched at HT somehow...

Lol

a23c93191d6a1b7bf0b3f3148fc3617e.jpg

Yeah, I saw this and thought it was a April fools thing. How is that Paul Rudd in any universe?

You guys ever think that maybe Rudd and Affleck have similar features? That's clearly Rudd, it's just that usually he has a goofy smirk on his face.

I thnk HT screwed up the pics and put their prequel Batman movie HS on an Ant Man figure- FAR more Affleck than Rudd- is it a joke????

Budget Stark has posted his usual video from Secret Base, and going by that I think Hot Toys messed up on these official pictures. In these pictures it looks so much like Affleck, but in the video with different lighting and angles it looks a lot closer to Rudd. Becoming a habit with Hot Toys that collectors can do a better job of showing of the figure than they can.

As for the figure, instant pass. Love the first suit and can't wait to receive the figure at the end of the month.

You guys ever think that maybe Rudd and Affleck have similar features? That's clearly Rudd, it's just that usually he has a goofy smirk on his face.

what-psh-no.gif

I do agree though. I personally see Rudd in it more than I do Affleck. I can see a bit of Affleck, but perhaps circa 10-15 years ago. I believe it's simply because the two do share some common facial features, but they still do have distinct differentiating features.

I'd be willing to wager that if this were intended to be an Affleck sculpt, people would be laughing about how much it resembles Rudd more than it does Affleck.

For the record, does anyone else think it's humorous that the likeness of a sculpt on a Marvel figure is being discussed in depth in the DC section? :lol

Back