1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture of Armored Bats with the standard one is awful tempting...the new suit has grown on me massively, and it would be pretty cool to pose him with a rifle ala Dark Knight Returns. I'll wait until we have in hand pictures, I want to know what the suit ended up being made out of.

That picture of Armored Bats with the standard one is awful tempting...the new suit has grown on me massively, and it would be pretty cool to pose him with a rifle ala Dark Knight Returns. I'll wait until we have in hand pictures, I want to know what the suit ended up being made out of.

I could never bring myself to pose Batman with a rifle. It just looks silly to me even though he has used guns in the past.

a23c93191d6a1b7bf0b3f3148fc3617e.jpg

Damn, it's Ben Rudd!

I could never bring myself to pose Batman with a rifle. It just looks silly to me even though he has used guns in the past.
I can understand that definitely. But that being said, and in this movie included, it wasn't "weaponized" per se. It was pure fan service to capture that panel from TDKR. Batman didn't NEED that rifle to put the tracker on the truck, he's got plenty of toys for that, but doing it the way they did delivered heavy fan service. And it looked cool.

I can understand that definitely. But that being said, and in this movie included, it wasn't "weaponized" per se. It was pure fan service to capture that panel from TDKR. Batman didn't NEED that rifle to put the tracker on the truck, he's got plenty of toys for that, but doing it the way they did delivered heavy fan service. And it looked cool.

:goodpost:

I'm a die-hard The Dark Knight Returns fan, and I while it was a very short scene in the graphic novel, I would always consider old man Batman with the sniper grapple gun on a gargoyle a very iconic image. That's why I love the Batfleck regular costume from day 1 (though the suit is not for the sniper scene), and why I grabbed the opportunity when I was offered a chance to PO the EX version :)

Speaking of Ant-man, take a look at budget stark's video of this new Ant-man figure from the secret base. At the beginning there is a shot of the new Batman v Superman figures and I swear Hot Toys has already made the arms and shoulders bigger on Batman. What do you all think?

i mean it's been said that ben and paul have some resemblance.

people seem to forget that. like how tom cruise kind of sorta looks like a bunch of other guys and so people often refer to him when looking at a sculpt.

Speaking of Ant-man, take a look at budget stark's video of this new Ant-man figure from the secret base. At the beginning there is a shot of the new Batman v Superman figures and I swear Hot Toys has already made the arms and shoulders bigger on Batman. What do you all think?

I thought the same thing. He looks huge.

image.jpg

Here's a screen shot. I gotta say, the trinity is looking tight! Can't wait to have my own display of all 3.

Also in the video the Paul Rudd portrait looks much more like Paul Rudd and less like Affleck I think.

I blew it up on my screen and took another shot. It's definitely the new suit and I think this is looking pretty good now. I'm feeling pretty good about my preorder for Batman and Wonder Woman. Superman looks good too but I already have the MOS figure so I'm good. Plus, Superman was kind of a idiot in the new movie.
Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 10.55.37 AM.jpg

It's a shame that Snyder didn't go with a brighter suit for Supes. I really enjoyed B v S, but I think they missed the opportunity to juxtapose the darkness of Batman with the light of Superman. If Supes was a slightly brighter shade of blue, red, yellow, I'd pre-order all 3 immediately based on that pic. Now, I'm trying to decide if I'll be happy with just WW and B.

Back