Hot Toys Bust Series 1/4th scale PREDATOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks great in my opinion...however a definite step-down from the quality of the sculpts on the recent Preds like Elder and Wolf. Maybe a different sculptor did this?

Definite pass though, I'm waiting for the actual 1:6 figure.

One thing very right about this piece that'll bother me tremendously if it's wrong on a 1/6 figure is the profile; they have the flatter, deeper forehead that P1 had, which had me nervous, and the eye sockets aren't excessively deep like on the 1/6 figures which is one complainy I have with them. The eyes on the Preds are cool but they sculpt the sockest so deep all you get is shadow.

weird, odd, sorta weird and innacurate, but i do like the paint app...

the fact is that actually don't know if someone had noticed this yes but seems that the head/forehead is right it's the p1 one, but the face area has something of wolf , it has something that reminds me the proto sculpt of ht wolf face, going to check , the eyes the socket and the closed mandibles and the position in which they're closed are from wolf, also the scuplt have that " cat nose" cut that wolf had and p1 had not

Don't think the neck articulation will be anything to write home about... the way the dreads are sculpted looks like you'll just get a small amount of personalization.

Still if its around $50 or $60 for a 1/4 bust you can't complain too much. But for me it will be a pass.

Just hoping it won't be too long before we get this badass in 1/6 :rock

Don't think the neck articulation will be anything to write home about... the way the dreads are sculpted looks like you'll just get a small amount of personalization.

Still if its around $50 or $60 for a 1/4 bust you can't complain too much. But for me it will be a pass.

Just hoping it won't be too long before we get this badass in 1/6 :rock

I don't think the dreds are sculpted they look soft like the 1/6 Preds dreds.

Compare the light background pictures to the darker background pictures, the dreds are not in the same position.

Wow, very unimpressive. I really don't care for this thing at all, SSC's dio looks far superior IMO - so I'll stick with that. Wonder how long HT's bust line will survive?

Wow, very unimpressive. I really don't care for this thing at all, SSC's dio looks far superior IMO - so I'll stick with that. Wonder how long HT's bust line will survive?

Hopefully long enough for them to produce an Alien bust.

I want an Alien bust!! :D

this is by Hot Toys? From the pic I thought they were done by NECA.

I just figured out why this bust looks like Wolf.

Wolf has a distinctive reversed v-shaped upper lip, the original predator however has a wavy more aggressive upper lip. Now check the bust, it has the v-shaped upper lip Wolf has. Pretty stupid, i hate Wolf as a design it doesn't even come close to Winston's work. For you who don't like the bust but want the complete HT figure, the head on this bust will probably be exactly the same. Also, look how bad the mask looks, doesn't look like the design in the film.

Last edited:

Wolf has a distinctive reversed v-shaped upper lip, the original predator however has a wavy more aggressive upper lip. Now check the bust, it has the v-shaped upper lip Wolf has. Pretty stupid, i hate Wolf as a design it doesn't even come close to Winston's work. For you who don't like the bust but want the complete HT figure, the head on this bust will probably be exactly the same. Also, look how bad the mask looks, doesn't look like the design in the film.

the wolf doesn't come close to winstons design know.
I do think though that ADI have done a decent job with the predators.
I like wolf. :D

HT figure, the head on this bust will probably be exactly the same. Also, look how bad the mask looks, doesn't look like the design in the film.

That's the bad part. I like this piece, it's not the best ever but pretty good for a cheap item, but it worries me that the $150 dream figure may not be the greatest ever we hope for.

My hope is, maybe they're doing the 1/4 bust first to test the waters and see fan reaction before launching the 1/6 figure. They could have all but the head done for a 1/6 figure and want to see if they need to change some things before releasing it. Time will tell.

yes! is exatly what i had say, wolf had that " cat nose " on upper lip, the p1 not, and also p1 had more marked wider eyebrows / socket , this p1 bust is more like wolfie in the overal expression

predbust.jpg

All this discussion has been getting my mental wheels spinning so I combined some images for a comparison, SSC's 1:1 and this 1:4 bust.

As has been pointed out, the skin around the upper 2 inner fangs is shapped all wrong and throws it off. The lower mandibles should flare out wider than the upper, something HT did get right with the P2 BD. The lower jaw also looks off in it's shape. The brow looks like the right angle but the peak looks higher up on the head than it should be and it could use some more red around the cheek bones to make the black eyes no so strong as they appear.

It's still not bad and I'll probably still get it as there isn't an abundance of cool P1 products, but there are some strong off-points that concern me regarding an eventual P1 figure. Perhaps even this bust will be corrected before shipping comes.

It looks like a Hot Toys rookie sculptor did this and not one of their talented vets. I really hope the 1/6 version turns out better... that's where is really counts for me.

It looks like a Hot Toys rookie sculptor did this and not one of their talented vets. I really hope the 1/6 version turns out better... that's where is really counts for me.

The weird thing is how correct the inner mouth on the P2 BD figure is and et this is off. In fact P2 BD is more right in the mouth area all together, manidble flaring, anatomy.

63381_press13-001.jpg

Unfortunately, things like the eye sockets being excessively deep and such still leave the Preds not being entirely accurrate in their portraits, so the odds of a 1/6 Pred 1 looking just like this bust is now are higher than I'd like.

Here is a picture of the SS 1:4 Predator maquette head as it isn't really fair to compare the detail of the SS 1:1 bust to the HT 1:4 bust. I think the big issues with the HT bust is the shape/color around the eyes and mouth, the poor paint apps in the mouth/mandible areas and the lack of quills. The HT bust just looks off and rather toy like but I know the bust will be rather cheap.

p1000963tm0.jpg

13PredatorBust.jpg

Back