Hot Toys Bust Series 1/4th scale PREDATOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have a feeling though that the finished product will be much better. Anyone remember the Hot Toys Rocky figs? Protos looked craptastic...the final product was outstanding. If it werent for user photos, I would have passed big time.

Not very impressive looking... the armor sculpt looks pretty rough (not in a good way) and he just doesn't have that polished look I would expect from HT. And the weird stick base makes no sense.

4PredatorBust.jpg

The closed mouth version looks really good better than the closed mouth predator diorama exclusive. I don't get it though, how many heads do you get with this bust?

I'm actually surprised by the reactions to this, I like it, I'm definitely going to order it and assume Sideshow will offer this one as well. The base, I'll say the same I did with Rambo, it's superfluous, there's no reason to make a base that tall if there's going to be so little to it, ruins the overall aesthetic to me. Hopefully this is a prelude to a 1/6 figure, same with the Rambo bust, it'd be a huge kick to fans' balls if they did this an no 1/6 figure. The paint apps look the same as the SSC Dio so I wonder if that's the official scheme. Don't forget, as cool as HT Preds are, none have been accurrate to the suits in colors and such. Don't forget to, these busts are only $50, so the quality probably isn't going to be the same as a 1/6 figure.

I'm with Maulfan, this bust is comin home with me!

Now Hot Toys, PLEASE make a Wolf bust! PLEASE!!!!!!!

8th wonder;841881The closed mouth version looks really good better than the closed mouth predator diorama exclusive. I don't get it though said:
Spec at the begining says-

l This collectible bust captures Predator in the approximately 1/4th scale in fine sculpture
l The plastic bust stands approximate 10 inches tall
l supported by a skull-liked stand featuring the Predator logo
l Special feature: allows limited head movement,
l Removable Predator mask, and
l Interchangeable mouth / teeth

So one head, interchaneable mandibles!

It's not perfect, I think the head needs to be a little bigger in relation to the shoulders, and it may be a tad too dark around the eyes, but I like it, some great detail in there and I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet it looks much better sitting in front of you than in any photos.

https://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/caresaboutcreature/portfolio/pred1.jpg

Last edited:
If I had to guess from the pictures, I'd say it's just one head... It looks like the mouth-pieces pop off and are interchangable, including the mask.

Ya, these things are made out of plastics, not polystone or resin, which is how the heads can be articulated, a feature I really like because you can choose the pose and make it your unique bust instead of having a carbon copy of everyone else's. I imagine the mandibles are just like the BD Pred 2 figure.

And yes, I based my $50 price on the Rambo bust. Consider the materials and pretty basic design, I'd wager these busts will be within a $50-$60 price range accross the board, much like GG's busts have a pretty set range no matter the character or complicity of the piece, most are within 5-10 $ of each other.

Is that an ADI version of the first Predator? I hope that face and mask are not what the 1/6 will look like, too.

Back