Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone help me how to be able to attach the Adam's head to the begins body

You need a neck joint, like this one:

$T2eC16d,!)0E9s37HlbOBRQUHlT+sg~~60_3.JPG

I kind of disagree. Personally I would like 1 more chance for a Bale -Batman Begins DXed. The Exclusive is really nice but far from good. Fixes needed: No broken ankles or any parts. A different type of rubber material that is not a dust magnet or prone to chemical bleeding with other parts.
If a DX is planned hopefully we will get a Kato suit for Bruce Wayne or a Ninja body included. Those alone should justify one more Bale Batman. After that I would totally agree to end the Bale Batman figures and die happy.

I kind of disagree. Personally I would like 1 more chance for a Bale -Batman Begins DXed. The Exclusive is really nice but far from good. Fixes needed: No broken ankles or any parts. A different type of rubber material that is not a dust magnet or prone to chemical bleeding with other parts.

Agreed with you on the ankles, but I don't think you'll find any kind of rubber suit that isn't a dust magnet. It's just part of the medium.

And none of the Batman Begins figures had leaking problems on their own - only a few reports of chemical reactions when mixing the latest Batman Begins figure with DX12 boots. But you can't make a rubber that's impervious to any and all chemical reactions with any and all other materials. What matters is that the figure doesn't leak with its OWN parts - that's all anyone can realistically ask for.

If a DX is planned hopefully we will get a Kato suit for Bruce Wayne or a Ninja body included.

I'd love a ninja suit (I don't really care who the tailor behind the suit is), but including it with a Batman figure is problematic because you can't easily and effectively strip a Truetype of a Batman suit. So it'd really require another body entirely - and at that point, you might as well release it as a separate figure, which is why this will never happen.

I'd love a ninja suit (I don't really care who the tailor behind the suit is), but including it with a Batman figure is problematic because you can't easily and effectively strip a Truetype of a Batman suit. So it'd really require another body entirely - and at that point, you might as well release it as a separate figure, which is why this will never happen.

Hot Toys Bespin Luke came with two figures. Figuring if it is a DX why not? I can't think of any other additional accessories that could justify a DX with Batman Begins over an MMS line.

Speaking of the rubber material being a dust magnet/chemical reaction/peeling layers, can any one confirm how the Enterbay one hold up?

Hot Toys Bespin Luke came with two figures. Figuring if it is a DX why not? I can't think of any other additional accessories that could justify a DX with Batman Begins over an MMS line.

Speaking of the rubber material being a dust magnet/chemical reaction/peeling layers, can any one confirm how the Enterbay one hold up?

The quality on the rubber of the Enterbay Batman is amazing, no dust magnet at all, it's a really soft material, nothing like the 2011 TF.

The problem with Hot Toys is that freaking PERS.. even when PERS looks good, it looks bad compared to painted eyes.

Anyway.. Just get the EB Batman, that's the definitive OC Batman :wink1:

PS: Check my signature... nothing against you by the way :lol

I would love for the double bodies (like Bespin Luke) to be standard. But so far that's been the exception, not the rule.

Anyway.. Just get the EB Batman, that's the definitive OC Batman :wink1:

PS: Check my signature... nothing against you by the way :lol

Thanks for the head. Yeah unfortunately I only collect the 1/6 scale. Having a 1/4 Enterbay will throw off the rest of my collection. Can only pray that Hot Toys revisits this one.

Nice Sig :wink1:, Don't worry I wouldn't have thought about it that way given the complaints going around. I only chose DX12 as my name cuz it was my first DX and it impressed me. I can nitpick at it but overall I think this is the most solid Bale Batman on the market so long as it doesn't leak or disintegrate in the near future.

Cheers

Nice Sig :wink1:, Don't worry I wouldn't have thought about it that way given the complaints going around. I only chose DX12 as my name cuz it was my first DX and it impressed me. I can nitpick at it but overall I think this is the most solid Bale Batman on the market so long as it doesn't leak or disintegrate in the near future.

Cheers

Careful, Tyranus hates anyone who even remotely likes the DX12, and will remind you over, and over, and over, and over and over again. :lol

And draw thousands of lines on pictures to prove his point. :monkey1 :lol

Thanks for the heads up ZsaszSays~
"Sucks" is a pretty strong word for this figure.
If he is referring to the cost - Yeah the DX12 sucks
Shouldn't have to modify anything for a $300 figure especially since the DX02 should have been a learning experience for Hot Toys.
I totally agree the DX12 is far from perfect so yeah it may suck to a degree but it doesn't suck ***. :)

Im posting this pic again because I think it's hilarious.

And yes, there is a chemical reaction to the body with the DX12 boots. :(

Can you please post or link all the pictures with the batman joker mindless party ? Please, they are epic !

What the price range for a Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins with a second Batman Body (including gauntlets, boot, and an extra set of hands)?

What the price range for a Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins with a second Batman Body (including gauntlets, boot, and an extra set of hands)?

Your looking about US$350+ used or new, depending on the seller. The price for a second body various. Finding one for a good value is hard enough. If you can find a new one for $300 that would be a steal already.

Personally I don't own one and still hunting for a brand new one. Just can't justify the ebay prices for $400+ shipping and suddenly hear an EX version may come around. That would suck so I'll hedge a bet and play the waiting game.

I am still waiting for the Batman Returns figures but who knows if they will ever come out at this point. Arkham City would awesome too with how the suit looked. I do still want a DX of the Begins suit though too.

Back