Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I tried to not talk about it too! I just wanted to talk about how stupid this looks to me now instead ;)

Seriously though anyone get what I mean? Still like the figure but it looks dated realism wise with these wonky proportions.

I know what you mean. It is dated. Bit honestly I think a new cowl sculpt will go a long way. You know that steven.guinta 1/6 EB recast is still on right?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Why people keep asking for a Batman Begins DX ??? Don't you know DX= PERS??. I think PERS has more chance of go wrong than go well.

I tugged a bit from the rubber until it separated from the seam at where it connects at the sole of the boot, then i gently unglued it enough to get at the socket. I dremeled around the socket enough to receive the female part of the average TrueType foot (which I removed from the foot by prying it out after I dunked the foot in hot water.)

A little bit of glue to hold the new socket in place, carefully glued back up the seam of the rubber to the sole and then replaced the original black ankle joints which are too small to be nice and tight, with regular tt ankle pegs.

Put the boots on, tighter and better than the original, will last forever and can stand and hold poses for the first time ever without a stand.

I reccomend everyone do this even if your feet aren't broken yet, plus they will break anyway, the plastic is self deteriorating.

Thanks a lot man. I just performed this procedure last night, using your instructions, and he's a lot better for it now.

Ankles are still a bit loose, but at least he stands, and I think I can make them tighter with some nail polish on the ball joints if needed.

Great man I'm happy to hear it helped. You might wanna just try switching up different ankle joints I found some were tighter than others. Otherwise the nail polish trick should definitely help.

Is there a mod to make this head fit on a V1 TDK Batman neck without having giraffe neck syndrome? The neck this figure comes with fits and works fine, but the armored neck post is a tad longer and it looks wrong with an unmasked sculpt. I don't want to permanently mess up the neck post though as I would likely switch heads again in the future.

Would anyone know if the DX12 collar would fit on the BW head? Thanks.

Would anyone know if the DX12 collar would fit on the BW head? Thanks.

It kind of fits its not flush but from a distance it looks ok.

DSCF3426_zpsc4d0be24.jpg
DSCF3427_zps11342cb8.jpg
DSCF3428_zps47054c08.jpg
DSCF3429_zpsac9994c6.jpg

So I've got the same problem with the broken right boot that everyone else is having. What are the potential solutions here?

A) I tried blue poster tack as suggested by one poster. This keeps the boot on the leg, but there's no articulation in the foot - it only stays at one angle, because the ball isn't actually in a socket. It's just stuck to the shattered remains of the socket, thanks to the tack.

Because of this, my guy is still unstable - he's taken more than one dive in the few days since I've tried the poster tack. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a certain manner in which the tack should be applied, to retain articulation?

B) I'm considering DX12 boots (since MMS71, DX02, and Bat-Demon boots are now rare and far too expensive). I think another poster mentioned a potential chemical reaction specifically with the new DX12 boots on this figure - has anybody else seen any evidence of this or know of a way this can be prevented?

Has anyone tried the DX12 boots for this guy yet?? That may be a good solution.

As far as the boot mod you may want to get in touch with Toylion I think he saved all the pics of it. I did the mod too but I don't have the pics. They're in this thread somewhere if you wanted to check.

Has anyone tried the DX12 boots for this guy yet?? That may be a good solution.

Someone claimed that there was a chemical reaction between the DX12 boots and the rubber on the legs of their Toy Fair Exclusive figure when they tried this.

I don't know if it's been tried by many people, so not sure if this was a one-off thing or if it's a consistent problem.

As far as the boot mod you may want to get in touch with Toylion I think he saved all the pics of it. I did the mod too but I don't have the pics. They're in this thread somewhere if you wanted to check.

Thanks, but I was able to do the mod, thanks to Raymond Ferraro's description.

Back