Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've got a question. I bought another TF Bats(used) and the second belt, with the gadgets doesn't fit at all(it's WAY too big) for the figures waist. This is new to me, as the one I had before this, was perfectly fine.

Has this happened to anyone else?

DSC03938.jpg

DSC03935.jpg

DSC03933.jpg

What custom cape is this dsokyra?

I think it seems pretty unlikely that Hot Toys will be revisiting Batman Begins. Unless they want to make a 1/4 figure to compete with the Enterbay one :rotfl

Yeah I agree that it's doubtful that they go for a fourth try on the Begins batsuit (fifth try if you count the demon bat) but I wouldn't mind at all if they revisited the Batman Begins license for other stuff like a Ra's / Ninja Bruce two-pack with them in their black ninja uniforms and/or the ice duel outfits. Then of course we'd have to get a Ra's in black business suit with cane sword and gas mask.

I'd like there to be an unmasked Jonathan Crane Scarecrow, but he's not as glaring an omission from the line as the current absence of a Ra's figure.

Yeah I agree that it's doubtful that they go for a fourth try on the Begins batsuit (fifth try if you count the demon bat) but I wouldn't mind at all if they revisited the Batman Begins license for other stuff like a Ra's / Ninja Bruce two-pack with them in their black ninja uniforms and/or the ice duel outfits. Then of course we'd have to get a Ra's in black business suit with cane sword and gas mask.

I'd like there to be an unmasked Jonathan Crane Scarecrow, but he's not as glaring an omission from the line as the current absence of a Ra's figure.

:goodpost: I'd also be down for a Ra's in his suit from the end of the film.

all those figures would be sweet, if they made them.

Nothing beyond speculation. Probably a long shot at this point, imo.

No way.

I feel like this thing will be a thing of the past some time soon. Obsolete. The only redeeming quality will be the first night out gear and part of that is the Wayne which most are already replacing with the new Wayne head. I've never was fully satisfied with this figure anyway.

Dang I just ordered this guy, I figure I got the DX02 from TDK & the DX12 from TDKR so now I need the Bats from BB. :thud::lol Damm you Chris Nolan for making such a damn good trilogy, damn you to Arkham Asylum.

Both my feet broke and I fixed them and yeah... Anyway now that that's behind me it caused me to re-look at this figure again...

Anyome else think the proportions look weird now that figures have advanced in realism? Either his shoulders look too wide or his thighs to skinny.

His legs just look stumpy somehow, maybe his arms are too long and his legs too short?

I'm kind of wondering if its possible to slip something over his thighs under his rubber suint to thicken them. What do you guys think?

How did you do this?

I tugged a bit from the rubber until it separated from the seam at where it connects at the sole of the boot, then i gently unglued it enough to get at the socket. I dremeled around the socket enough to receive the female part of the average TrueType foot (which I removed from the foot by prying it out after I dunked the foot in hot water.)

A little bit of glue to hold the new socket in place, carefully glued back up the seam of the rubber to the sole and then replaced the original black ankle joints which are too small to be nice and tight, with regular tt ankle pegs.

Put the boots on, tighter and better than the original, will last forever and can stand and hold poses for the first time ever without a stand.

I reccomend everyone do this even if your feet aren't broken yet, plus they will break anyway, the plastic is self deteriorating.

Lol I tried to not talk about it too! I just wanted to talk about how stupid this looks to me now instead ;)

Seriously though anyone get what I mean? Still like the figure but it looks dated realism wise with these wonky proportions.

Back