Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've got the same problem with the broken right boot that everyone else is having. What are the potential solutions here?

A) I tried blue poster tack as suggested by one poster. This keeps the boot on the leg, but there's no articulation in the foot - it only stays at one angle, because the ball isn't actually in a socket. It's just stuck to the shattered remains of the socket, thanks to the tack.

Because of this, my guy is still unstable - he's taken more than one dive in the few days since I've tried the poster tack. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a certain manner in which the tack should be applied, to retain articulation?

B) I'm considering DX12 boots (since MMS71, DX02, and Bat-Demon boots are now rare and far too expensive). I think another poster mentioned a potential chemical reaction specifically with the new DX12 boots on this figure - has anybody else seen any evidence of this or know of a way this can be prevented?

Some people are rolling the boot down to where they can pull out the dummy foot and then customizing a TT foot to fit in its place and then rolling the boot back up. The problem with this is that the upper part of the boot gets stretched and it makes the right boot look bigger than the left boot.

The other way is that some are cutting the sole out from the bottom of the shoe (I don’t know if they’re following a line or an existing parts joint) and trading out the dummy foot for a TT foot. Either way the dummy foot is black, and you’re going to have to use a white or African American foot, but it want show so….

Would love to see a Batman Begins figure be a DX. Hope it happens sometime in 2013. Anybody have any idea if this will happen?

So I've got the same problem with the broken right boot that everyone else is having. What are the potential solutions here?

A) I tried blue poster tack as suggested by one poster. This keeps the boot on the leg, but there's no articulation in the foot - it only stays at one angle, because the ball isn't actually in a socket. It's just stuck to the shattered remains of the socket, thanks to the tack.

Because of this, my guy is still unstable - he's taken more than one dive in the few days since I've tried the poster tack. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a certain manner in which the tack should be applied, to retain articulation?

B) I'm considering DX12 boots (since MMS71, DX02, and Bat-Demon boots are now rare and far too expensive). I think another poster mentioned a potential chemical reaction specifically with the new DX12 boots on this figure - has anybody else seen any evidence of this or know of a way this can be prevented?

Im going to swap mine with the MMS71 boot as i think this Batman figure is going to be worth more in the long run and ive got the dx12 coming anyway so wont need to display the MMS71

Some people are rolling the boot down to where they can pull out the dummy foot and then customizing a TT foot to fit in its place and then rolling the boot back up. The problem with this is that the upper part of the boot gets stretched and it makes the right boot look bigger than the left boot.

Does anybody have any pictures displaying the results of this mod? I'm curious to see just how much bigger the right boot ends up looking. If it's really minor, then I probably wouldn't mind.

The other way is that some are cutting the sole out from the bottom of the shoe (I don’t know if they’re following a line or an existing parts joint) and trading out the dummy foot for a TT foot. Either way the dummy foot is black, and you’re going to have to use a white or African American foot, but it want show so….

So does that mean they cut out the bottom of the boot, swap the feet, and then just leave it like that, without gluing the bottom back on?

Does anybody have any pictures displaying the results of this mod? I'm curious to see just how much bigger the right boot ends up looking. If it's really minor, then I probably wouldn't mind.

So does that mean they cut out the bottom of the boot, swap the feet, and then just leave it like that, without gluing the bottom back on?

no, of course the bottom is glued back on

Give me day to dig my extra body out (it's what the moded boot is on) and I'll post a pic.

Well mine arrived today and apart from the foot that was stated broken it was not as mint as discribed it was covered in dust and the boots have scuff marks, im going to replace boots anyway but what would be the best thing to remove the dust?

I heard people use tape for that. If the Tumbler front wheels are any indication (it's the same rubber it seems) then that's probably the only way to do it.

Got him home and swapped boots with the MMS71 dusted him off he now looks great just waiting for a ilforigno cape, the broken foot was not actually that bad and the MMS71 can stand unassisted on it so overal im happy

Got him home and swapped boots with the MMS71 dusted him off he now looks great just waiting for a ilforigno cape, the broken foot was not actually that bad and the MMS71 can stand unassisted on it so overal im happy

That's good news.:clap
Is the stock cape really that crappy? Did yours have any suit deterioration?

No apart from the boots where it looked like coating had rubbed off, the stock cape is ok and it went on really easy but the cape i ordered is better its rayon and i have one for the MMS71 its going onto the DX12 when it arrives but its down to personal taste

No apart from the boots where it looked like coating had rubbed off, the stock cape is ok and it went on really easy but the cape i ordered is better its rayon and i have one for the MMS71 its going onto the DX12 when it arrives but its down to personal taste

Ok thanks. Hope you enjoy your new figure!:)

Does anyone else have more detailed information about this method? It's intriguing, and I'm considering it - just don't want to make the wrong cut, because if I cut in the wrong place, it might not be repairable.

Give me day to dig my extra body out (it's what the moded boot is on) and I'll post a pic.

Thanks, I appreciate it, when you get the chance.

Back