Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seriously doubt it :lol

I received a Superman that was previously owned. I got it packed out and not only was the shipper opened and retaped, they put the reg. in a Ex. shipper instead (I'm guessing it was returned and the reg. box was worn and had postage stickers on it) it was missing all the plastic wrap, the gel packet, tape around the belt. It had to have been a return because it had this sloppy shines on the neck and copper sticking out of the cape. It wasn't new.

People have complained about returned statues with defects as well.

I received a Superman that was previously owned. I got it packed out and not only was the shipper opened, it was missing all the plastic wrap, the gel packet, tape around the belt. It had to have been a return because it had this sloppy shines on the neck and copper sticking out of the cape.

People have complained about returned statues with defects as well.

Sorry to hear that. I Haven't heard any of those stories. It seems like sideshow wouldn't be that type of company(for reputations sake) but who knows.

Sorry to hear that. I Haven't heard any of those stories. It seems like sideshow wouldn't be that type of company(for reputations sake) but who knows.

They let me return it and refunded me completely, so I don't care. It may be looked down upon as a bad practice on their part, but they still have great customer service.

I'm just saying, these "new" Batman figures are probably returns from former owners. It wouldn't surprise me if some feet are broken or the finish is off or any of the other problems it has. If people like BadMuthaDude are happy with what they end up receiving, great. However, I doubt this is new product or a fresh batch.

They let me return it and refunded me completely, so I don't care. It may be looked down upon as a bad practice on their part, but they still have great customer service.

I'm just saying, these "new" Batman figures are probably returns from former owners. It wouldn't surprise me if some feet are broken or the finish is off or any of the other problems it has. If people like BadMuthaDude are happy with what they end up receiving, great. However, I doubt this is new product or a fresh batch.

I'll let you all know what the verdict is when I get it.

Happens all the time with them. I received a returned Morgul Lord EX that had been modded. Sideshow will resell returns if they don't catch the eye of whoever looks them over when people send them back. I can understand that if somebody just didn't want something. But, if they return it for a reason, that need to be thoroughly looked over.

But, if you buy from them late in a products sales life, go into that with your eyes open. It's possibly a return.

JUST recieved mine from a fellow board member. I'm REALLY liking this figure but holy eff is it hard to change out his wrist pegs. My thumbs are throbbing and the pegs have not been moved LOL!

It was the same for me, had to finally bore the wrist hole bigger on the hands to finally get the peg in.

JUST recieved mine from a fellow board member. I'm REALLY liking this figure but holy eff is it hard to change out his wrist pegs. My thumbs are throbbing and the pegs have not been moved LOL!

I have hard time removing those wrist pegs, too... I end up using a small piler to pull it out.

It was the same for me, had to finally bore the wrist hole bigger on the hands to finally get the peg in.

I have hard time removing those wrist pegs, too... I end up using a small piler to pull it out.

Why do you need to remove the wrist pegs, can't you just exchange the hand with out removing the pegs. A little heat from a blow dry and the hand slip off and on.

I'm going to try the blow dryer method. Even getting the pegs on are a challenge. I have yet to accomplish that feat. I'll just leave the pegs in the fist hands and use the spares for the other hands I want to use.

It sucks to hear all the horror stories since October. I dont know if Im just lucky or what...but my figure came 100% problem free. No dented abs, no broken ankles, no peeling rubber, no gloss spot on the bruce wayne headsculpt, and Ive been able to change the hands just fine. :dunno

It sucks to hear all the horror stories since October. I dont know if Im just lucky or what...but my figure came 100% problem free. No dented abs, no broken ankles, no peeling rubber, no gloss spot on the bruce wayne headsculpt, and Ive been able to change the hands just fine. :dunno

You are lucky :monkey1

See...mine has a warp on the abs, a loose ankle socket and a small shine on the Bruce head but I don't think any of it is significant enough for me to dislike or be really bothered by it. Maybe everyone is too picky or I'm not picky enough LOL.

I used to go through the trouble of using a hairdryer for wrist pegs, but I just pull the pegs from the hands with my teeth now. lol

A pliers works better, but then you gotta find them... The key is to pull straight and slow.

I used to go through the trouble of using a hairdryer for wrist pegs, but I just pull the pegs from the hands with my teeth now. lol

A pliers works better, but then you gotta find them... The key is to pull straight and slow.

I was doing teeth but got tired of cleaning my spit off the hands and pegs....no more teeth. :lol

DiFabio's list of "Never by second hand from these collectors"

• Maglor

• Jye

Back