Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put your stuff on eBay with a decent BIN price, but also enable the OBO feature as well.

I've been reluctant to go to ebay because every time I start to consider it an anti-ebay thread gets bumped with a new story about a seller getting ___ked in the @$$!

I disagree. The OC Batman looks a lot better than the new Toy Fairs version.

Put them up side by side without the swappable mouths and Bruce Wayne heads and the OC Batman is by far the better figure.

Even, in this one, which is the worst picture ever for the Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne, to me the 2011 figure looks a lot better than the OC.

comp1.jpg

I disagree. The OC Batman looks a lot better than the new Toy Fairs version.

Put them up side by side without the swappable mouths and Bruce Wayne heads and the OC Batman is by far the better figure.

I only have the Bruce Wayne Toy Fairs edition, but I have to say I have no desire to own the OC version. Even if the figure is slightly better, I much prefer the bells and whistles of the new figure, as I like to change up my displays often.

Even, in this one, which is the worst picture ever for the Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne, to me the 2011 figure looks a lot better than the OC.

comp1.jpg

Hmmm. I have the opposite view based on the same picture. I mean sure I'd love to have the new Wayne head and the switch out mouths too but the old suit I think is better. There was no widespread breakages on it (of the new ones that didn't break I would still worry that its only a matter of time) and theres no top layer of crap on it that gets rubbed off.

Is $280 shipped (internationally) an unreasonable price for an opened and displayed MMS67 Batman with a couple of tiny barely noticeable marks on the suit and a mark on the bottom/back of the cowl which I didn't notice till just the other day? Or has this rerelease just utterly killed all interest in the older figure around here?

I bet there will be another Begins suit fig around the time Rises hits.

The only thing better about the new suit is its posability. Of course it came with more bells & whistles but the additional cost was more than the added value.

Just comparing the rubber suit alone, OC wins hands down.

Like AD said, even the ones that didn't break may just be ticking time bombs.

Yeah, at this point I kind of wish I didn't buy the new Batman Begins one. I think the OC that I already have was good enough and I haven't had any issues with it throughout the past 4 years. Now I have the OC and the Batman Begins and it doesn't seem all that necessary.

Same here...:huh

I thought it was going to be head over heels better...but it certainly isn't. I have both as well and it does seem kinda redundant. I definitely won't be jumping at the bit for the new Joker and the TDKR Bats will have to have significant improvements for me to bite.

Last edited:
I kinda like the new suit more simply cause even with the matte finish rubbing off it looks more realistic than the OC... like a real Nomex/Kevlar suit should have looked like for the movie. And hey on display both look equaly good... The changable mouthpieces also add the thing about more display options. Also a-dev you must remeber that one of the reasons its still wanted is because its supposedly a 'limited edition exclusive' collectible (doesnt seem like that though since Sideshow sold it :lol )

I still love my BB Batman. Sure the suit picks up dust and has a suspicious dent in the right side...but its batman. Every time I look at it standing upon my shelf I instantly recognize batman. This figure looks like the character it is based off. It has fulfilled one of the most basic requirements of a figure. I regret nothing.

I kinda like the new suit more simply cause even with the matte finish rubbing off it looks more realistic than the OC... like a real Nomex/Kevlar suit should have looked like for the movie. And hey on display both look equaly good... The changable mouthpieces also add the thing about more display options. Also a-dev you must remeber that one of the reasons its still wanted is because its supposedly a 'limited edition exclusive' collectible (doesnt seem like that though since Sideshow sold it :lol )

It doesnt look more realistic than my OC suit!
The new one is very rubbery looking IMO. The interchangeable faces and headsculpt are great but that's it. But even the detail and paint on the original headsculpt is more detailed than this latest release.
I think it's great for anyone who missed the original, but it's not the winner by a longshot.

How is the headsculpt paint app better on the OC release? If there is one thing in which the Toy Fair version suprasses the OC, it must be the paint app. The OC has the good-old plastic finish, while the TF benefits from the Hot Toys modern flesh painting techniques. And it makes a big diffrence in my opinnion. The additional angry expression is fantastic, but even the generic one on the TF version looks better to me thant he OC, on every pic that I saw on this thread. The very expression seems to look better, with the new paint app, and somehow makes his head look slightly less toyish to me.

everyone is defending their own version!(those that have the oc and nt the new bb, though some do have vs those that have the new bb but nt the oc, again some might have)
and how right the critiques are!
i myself have the new version and its awesome, i nv had the old one but i have seen it in person and the suit does look awesome too!
the new version's is def dull but i like the bulky nature of it, though bit too bulky while the old version was nt bulky enuff, nv can win eh :)

paint wise, i def think the new one wins hands down even the cowl's sculpt, with the mouth pieces much much nicer n less toylike,
the eyes wise its hard to say though, both are similar.
either way though both versions have crappy capes, can ht ever get it right? doubt it...
whichever version you have, just enjoy it!! both are awesome, though the oc is def better in terms of durability with less qc problems but for realism, i'd say the bb is better!

Back