Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quick shot

IMG_3900.jpg

I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered (and answered, and answered, and answered) but HOLY #(! what are you using to keep the rubber suits looking so great?

I'm not using anything but I've always tried my hardest to barely handle the rubber suited figures. That and always clean hands if I do. Look how old that OC is. August 2008.

I've contemplated using some automotive products, tire black and rubber cleaners, etc. But I'm scared those might be too strong and could potentially eat away at the rubber. I used to do a lot of detailing on the side, for extra cash and because I just enjoyed doing it. Been a few years since I was able to though....

I honestly wouldn't because the suit is painted. For all you know in the long term it could act like paint stripper or going all strange but I have no clue what would happen. Nor would I be willing to take that chance. :)

Lighting DOES play a huge role in taking good photos, but these shots in particular just look really REALLY impressive to me.

Floor uplighter. Creates a lovely warm ambient. Even though that was quite a low setting.

It's been a long time since I've bought anything. I think the last figure I bought was the original predator a year back? maybe two years back? Well this keyed my interest and I put myself on sideshows wait list and it actually came through last week. I just got this thing today. After a few hours of futsing with it I was able to get some cool stuff out of him.

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

plan to take a few more pictures of him in the first night out gear later.

Last edited:
Finally got the correct belt and the cape clips (don't know yet how to fix them on the cape though). Also, was able to set the cowl on the suit properly. Need to shoot him in yellow lights. Few pics:

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

as cool as this figure is, I can't help but feel the $220 price tag is to much. I just don't feel like I got $220 worth. I assume this is how the begins batman figures were made, with this sort of rubber, this is my only one so I wouldn't know. but it just feels like it's going to tear every time I touch it. and the rubber makes him pretty restricted as far as movement goes which is a bit disappointing but i'm sure i'm repeating things that have been said a thousand times.

All in all it is pretty sweet batman figure, just wish it had a better build to it.

as cool as this figure is, I can't help but feel the $220 price tag is to much. I just don't feel like I got $220 worth. I assume this is how the begins batman figures were made, with this sort of rubber, this is my only one so I wouldn't know. but it just feels like it's going to tear every time I touch it. and the rubber makes him pretty restricted as far as movement goes which is a bit disappointing but i'm sure i'm repeating things that have been said a thousand times.

All in all it is pretty sweet batman figure, just wish it had a better build to it.

:horse :lol

lol I'll actually be getting the 89 batman so I will be doing something like this with it. But I agree I do prefer the begins suit as apposed to Dark Knight suit. The Begins suit feels so much more like batman and the dark knight suit is too military for my taste as batman, it kind of takes the fantasy element out of the character for me. not to mention I actually don't have the TDK figure batman so there's that lol

Back