Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This worked best for me as well. I tried pushing them straight in until my thumbs were sore. Decided to try twisting and it worked.

That's what she said.

Anyway, about the cape, I read in a review that there were plastic caps over the pegs that have to be removed before trying to stick them into the suit.

Yeah, I don't think it's possible.

Ironically, thats the only pose that looked really good in the promo shots.

I'll bet there was pretty marks after it was displayed back in it's normal relaxed position since the suit is painted. I wonder how many people actually tried it and then found out for themselves after the rubber started to severely stretch.

Ehhmmm....I'd be one of those people. Except I didn't stretch the suit very much since it didn't seem like the front leg (the knee that isn't touching the ground) had no chance of rotating that high.

I mean, it would have to stick straight out from the body for that pose to ever work. I don't think *any* Hot Toys figure can do that. But I'd love to be wrong!

I'll bet there was pretty marks after it was displayed back in it's normal relaxed position since the suit is painted. I wonder how many people actually tried it and then found out for themselves after the rubber started to severely stretch.

Did anyone recieve a "damaged" one from Sideshow and keep it? Mine has the sweaty head, bubble arm, and weirdly placed knee protector, but I am just going to keep it. The problems are slight. I usually do more damage to my figs when I pose and change costumes.

^^^ I wouldn't return it or exchange because of those issues.

1) Knee is an easy fix.

2) I think they all have the "bubble arm". There is no bubble. The mold is just thinner on the right bicep area.

3) The sweaty head would have to be pretty bad for Sideshow to replace it.

SS is not going to do anything about the shinny head right??

Check eBay for a 1/6 version:

cleanclearsensitiveskin.jpg

Hot Toys made sure Bale's T-zone was accurate.

Check eBay for a 1/6 version:

cleanclearsensitiveskin.jpg

Hot Toys made sure Bale's T-zone was accurate.

That is totally impossible. The bigger shinny area on the forehead is missing the texture skin, which makes me think the packaging scraped the HS.

I kept mine. I had a slight sheen on the forehead. It's really only noticeable if you're looking for it, and the dented body. After some slight twisting and turning, the dent is less noticeable, and I'm keeping the full harness on anyways, so unless you know it's there and you remove the harness looking for it, you'd never be able to tell.

I was lucky I got mine with only one issue, a slightly shiny headsculpt in certain lights, but going by how many people who got a defective one, this figure is looking to be disappointment of the year. Still being in stock says it all

Im very happy with mine. Peeling rubber, dent in abs, black mark on neck, shiny forehead

Such a brilliant figure, standing upright with the cowl and cape on and spreading both arms to extend the cape. Epic

You can probably do that kneeling pose if you detached the back portion of the suit from the pants. It's really hard to pose him without feeling like you're ripping the rubber apart. Might as well right?

I got mine with a few minor problems:

-The shiny forehead that SS claims it's perspiration
-A small spot on the chest
-A broken left foot, which I fixed my replacing the peg

Overall, you can't tell it has problems, I'm happy with it, but the price was a little steep for these problems.

I got mine with a few minor problems:

-The shiny forehead that SS claims it's perspiration
-A small spot on the chest
-A broken left foot, which I fixed my replacing the peg

Overall, you can't tell it has problems, I'm happy with it, but the price was a little steep for these problems.

The shiny head is not a minor problem. The HS alone is literally the half of price of the figure (~$100) if not this figure should cost $120, without the HS.

The good thing about the shiny head is that it's only something noticeable probably to the owner and when in direct light.

The shiny head is not a minor problem. The HS alone is literally the half of price of the figure (~$100) if not this figure should cost $120, without the HS.

Thats incorrect, you cannot estimate the price of the HS like that, atleast not by how much people are trying to sell it on ebay. Originally the set was sold in HK convention for $180 itself so you mean without the head itll cost $80???

If people are willing to pay, then sure. But generally the head sculpt is 1/4 to 1/3 the figure's price. That's not to say that's the "official" pricing, it's just how it goes down on the market usually.

Thats incorrect, you cannot estimate the price of the HS like that, atleast not by how much people are trying to sell it on ebay. Originally the set was sold in HK convention for $180 itself so you mean without the head itll cost $80???

Sure I may be wrong. But IMO the the main point of this Batman Begins/ Bruce Wayne figure, is the new HS. If I am not wrong, the original costume was made before for HT, twice. I think OC was $150 at retail, so I am not expecting to pay much more then that for the "Batman alone figure" ... But a good HS like this one, it is possible to cost $100 easy.

Back