Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Why is everyone suddenly blaming SS for HT's quality control. Some of you guys act as if this is a big surprise that a Hot Toys figures has some pretty bad defects. Do I have to remind you guys of the DX02 fiasco? The IronMan Mk III color problem? Or how about the many other problems Hot Toys figures have had in the past. This isn't SS's fault. In this case they are the middle man, and will be from this point on when it comes to Hot Toys figures. So let's blame the company that is producing these figures and not selling them.

On a side note I got mine today and I quickly inspected mine and LUCKILY nothing wrong. Although I'm not too impressed by this figure. I like the OC Batman's finish on the suit. The harness is eh to me. I liked the Takara BB harness better because it covers up the Batman symbol which he didn't have on his first night out suit. I'll probably use this for my first night out and stick the new head on the OC Batman figure.

Last edited:
I agree. Why is everyone suddenly blaming SS for HT's quality control. Some of you guys act as if this is a big surprise that a Hot Toys figures has some pretty bad defects. Do I have to remind you guys of the DX02 fiasco? The IronMan Mk III color problem? Or how about the many other problems Hot Toys figures have had in the past. This isn't SS's fault. In this case they are the middle man, and will be from this point on when it comes to Hot Toys figures. So let's blame the company that is producing these figures and not selling them.

Totally agree! There's no reason to be blaming SS for the defects. The fact that they are trying to replace them for those that do have the defects even though it's not their product I think goes to show how good their CS is. HT is the one to blame. Also, to those complaint about having to destroy the figure yourself to not have to pay for a replacement is what SS has always done. This also saves YOU on paying to ship the defected figure back to SS

SanShouXMA said:
The harness is eh to me. I liked the Takara BB harness better because it covers up the Batman symbol which he didn't have on his first night out suit. I'll probably use this for my first night out and stick the new head on the OC Batman figure.
Fixed...medi never made a harness

A friend just got a shinny suit (he had a waitlist conversion- maybe its a a latter one in the run.). I wonder if hot toys gave up on the matte finish. The only thing is, is that the rubber seems really thin compared to the one I have. I can get some pictures up if you guys want.

The suit in the movie has a matte finish, doesn't it?

Who's blaming Sideshow? :huh

I'm pretty sure everyone understands that Sideshow is the supplier and that Hot Toys is the manufacture of these Batman figures. Nobody has blamed Sideshow from what I've seen. All the hostility is towards Hot Toys.

Sideshow has been nothing but helpful with their customer service relations. They got back to me within ONE business day and their customer service employees are all great. They're taking care of the issues even though it is technically Hot Toys' problem.

IMG_7803.jpg

I love this shot. :clap

I've pull my Batman out of his box five time now. Bent his arms and legs, twisted his boots, removed his harness and all the plastic wrap. Checked both heads. And still haven't had one problem with him. What kind of cursed figures are you guys getting? If this continues I may be the only one left with one. :rotfl

What, do you keep your figures in the box instead of displaying them?

I in no way blame SS for the issue with the figure. It's all on Hot Toys. The fact of the matter, however, is that SS is who I gave my money to. If I buy a scratched DVD from Best Buy, I won't necessarily write to the disc mfg. about the issue, I'll just exchange the item, and hope for the best. Also, if the issue occurs again, I'll continue exchanging until I get an acceptable product. I'm not asking for perfection. If the suit's flawed but I can live with it, I'll do so.

Also, I'm not so sure what people are complaining about concerning the cape. Seems like a accurate, nice enough piece of fabric to me, although a real dust magnet. Granted I don't have one of these custom capes to compare it to, but it's good enough for me.

I think it's the way the stock cape sits on the shoulders.

Is wetting the cape up to make it drape better a good idea?

Totally agree! There's no reason to be blaming SS for the defects. The fact that they are trying to replace them for those that do have the defects even though it's not their product I think goes to show how good their CS is. HT is the one to blame. Also, to those complaint about having to destroy the figure yourself to not have to pay for a replacement is what SS has always done. This also saves YOU on paying to ship the defected figure back to SS

Fixed...medi never made a harness

Thanks Gipetto on both counts. lol. I couldn't remember which one it was. I took a 50/50 chance.

As for the SS and HT thing. HT has a lot of QC problems. Hopefully this new partnership will force HT to up their QC game or their partnership could prove short lived. I bet SS is losing some money having to get all these replacements for us. Hopefully that is the case or if SS loses enough money their partnership may dissolve.

Since when did calling someone on their eccentricity become putting them down? Honestly, if people can't handle having their opinions challenged, they shouldn't really bother posting in a discussion forum. Seems like they'd be happier blogging. :huh

Thats not what Im referring to, in almost everyone one of his posts he is always making the point that most people on this board are either, crazy, whiners or obsessed in accuracy. But I seem to remember the guy customizing a Medicom Batman with little model car decals and so on.
Likes to judge other people and make himself feel superior. Thats what Im calling him out on.

And in response to his post, I never even mention anything about being upset with HT.

Great figure, I'm really happy with it. No huge problems, I do have the dent, but its not as extreme as others I've seen. Also, there is a small patch of shine on the forehead of the Wayne sculpt. I'm gonna assume the plastic it came wrapped in (excessive) fused to the head. Overall it's a beautiful figure and I underestimated how amazing it would look in hand. Hope everyone gets a healthy version eventually.

Its worth it.

5njgy9.jpg

2ir953q.jpg

What's the scale for that Chewbacca ?? :lol

:rotfl

There is a thread for defects talk, did you know that?

As far as i'm concerned, talking about defects which appear to be very widespread and varied, is completely fair game in this thread.

You didn't go all mental in the email to Sideshow did you? as your responses on the forum so far certainly didn't appear to be rational. ¬_¬

There is no point in making such instigatory remarks. The guy was venting, he paid $200+ for something that came with defects, it happens. What he did or didn't say to SS is frankly none of our business.

Since when did calling someone on their eccentricity become putting them down? Honestly, if people can't handle having their opinions challenged, they shouldn't really bother posting in a discussion forum. Seems like they'd be happier blogging. :huh

Touche. ;)

I got my Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins figure this morning and started opening it before the UPS man left my driveway. I checked everything, every things there, no dent, or broken foot. I did notice that the protecting plastic wrap was a little stuck to the rubber body, but it pulled off without any problems.

When I started to adjust the straps I had to unbuckle them to move them around because they didn’t want to slide. I didn’t have any problems switching the right hand or the left, but when I went to turn the left hand the pegs didn’t rotate. I also couldn’t get it to turn in or out, it was completely stuck. So much that when I took a small set of pliers to try and free it up it snapped off up in the forearm.

I guess now I’ll have to go and buy a small drill bit to try to “hollow out, insert small screw and pull” trick to try and remove it. Other than that everything else looks good.

Batman is back in stock at Sideshow Collectibles. I thought I bought a limited exclusive figure, so how many of these were made for the American market?

Back