Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what your asking, they did say you would be able to return it, for a refund. As far as a replacement, only if they still have them in stock I would believe.

They do have them in stock. What they want me to do is return it and once they've received it, they'll open up my ability to re-buy it. Not a swap out, why?

Am I silly for wanting to keep my hot toys sealed and not open them ?

Not silly so much as it being a risky proposition. It's not like a carded figure that you can see what's going on inside. There are so many potential flaws that if you don't catch right away you might be screwed out of getting that flaw replaced.

Also I'm a firm believer of taking the batteries out of them.

Yah. I've been an action figure/ toy collector my entire adult life. I generally like to keep my stuff MISB. However I'm new to Hot Toys. I feel an overwhelming urge to open my Batman cause I feel like he's to cool not to. Don't know what to do ! :gah:

Yah. I've been an action figure/ toy collector my entire adult life. I generally like to keep my stuff MISB. However I'm new to Hot Toys. I feel an overwhelming urge to open my Batman cause I feel like he's to cool not to. Don't know what to do ! :gah:

I think it’s imperative that you open it and look it over (limb, suit etc). I would also remove the tape from the suit and Bruce’s head. Then put it back if you like.

It won't be worth as much if it has issues you fail to discover in time. I wasn't planning on opening my right now either, but after hearing all the problems others were finding, I decided to inspect mine. I also removed all the plastic wrapping they had put all over the figure and head sculpts. These thing can cause damage over the long run if left on, Chemical reactions. Better to find any problems now while you can get them addressed. Luckily mines turned out fine.

i say enjoy the toy... take it out of the package and pose it, display it... even customize it. money comes and goes, but you will never get back time (personally, i can't imagine looking back on my days when i am ancient and reminiscing about all of the toys that i kept in boxes).

Thanks, they love checking out my collection. They 4 that live with me get excited when a package is delivered and want to see the unveiling.

You really are the coolest Grandpa ever! Mine just used to smell bad and accuse me of stealing stuff that he'd lost himself.

They are making a new joker figure. It's called joker 2.0

I heard a rumour way back that there's a brief scene of the (Heath Ledger) Joker in the new movie, using an unused clip from TDK. If true I wonder if the HT figure will tie in with this in some way.

There is a 99% chance that Hot Toys will remake a figure if it is selling well in the secondary market...get ready for a new Robocop, Wolverine, Mark I, all Predators, etc.

You must be patient, but you will get any Hot Toys figure you desire at retail or less.

I heard they are planing to make a new RoboCop movie. We will see a new Hot Toys Robocop!!

You really are the coolest Grandpa ever! Mine just used to smell bad and accuse me of stealing stuff that he'd lost himself.

:rotfl I'm only 55 but I do forget where I put thing sometimes. It's funny cause if someone was to touch or move the pose on one of my figures I would notice it right away. I gave my grown son my SS T800 and T1000 after I bout the HT ones. I was at his house and looked at them and said, 'hey where did The Terminator get a watch from?' He laughed and said he had found it and put it on him just to see if I would notice it. Wasn't there more then a minute before I did. But if I don't put thing in the same place, I'm looking like crazy for them :lol

Yeah I'm really appreciating these re-releases and 2.0 versions. Definitely gives us late-comers a chance to enjoy the figures without having to pay mucho dinero in the 2nd-hand collectors' market.

Yes but somehow there are those against reissues because it takes the value of their figures away- or they recently paid ALOT for them.
Guess they aren't in in for the hobby- just flipping for big profit. Nothing wrong with that but you shouldn't be AGAINST a reissue with a bunch of lame excuses for HT not to!

Back