Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the pics I took for S
CS
IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

Interesting, mine looks almost identical in the break. Seems like there is a problem in the back portion of where the peg is inserted. I'll post pics later today.

Well, got mine in a couple days ago. Had the right boot issue, but everything else is fine. Just took one of the boots off my old TDK V1 Batman since they're identical and the problem's solved.

The Bale head also looks so much better in person. Found a use for my Two-Face figure by putting his nice suit on and popping the Bale sculpt on in its place.

Well, got mine in a couple days ago. Had the right boot issue, but everything else is fine. Just took one of the boots off my old TDK V1 Batman since they're identical and the problem's solved.

The Bale head also looks so much better in person. Found a use for my Two-Face figure by putting his nice suit on and popping the Bale sculpt on in its place.

Clever idea. :)

Just received and opened up mine. Luckily it looks like me ankles are fine. I do have the off-center right knee and a dent in the rubber on the collar. Those aren't going to bug me though as I'll likely switch out to the Batman look soon anyways.

This is my first HT Batman figure as I had to cancel my order for DX Bats so I am incredibly blown away despite the few issues. That Bale headsculpt is insanely good too so it looks like I'm going to have to get another body or at least a suit to display that. Man I wish I could have swung for two of these as he looks awesome in his harness and first night out look. Maybe once I have the TDKR release I'll switch this guy back to this look. I'll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow. Now just waiting for my lforigno cape!

Ordered a velvet cape. Can't wait to get it. Btw do yo have to make the holes on the velvet or are they already there?

I am moving and about to have room to display a few things so I am getting started late into collecting these Batman figures. I really want this and the Bank Joker to be my starting two pieces and I am wondering if there is a better way to buying these other than ebay? Is joining the waiting list on sideshowtoys for this Batman a waste of time?

I am moving and about to have room to display a few things so I am getting started late into collecting these Batman figures. I really want this and the Bank Joker to be my starting two pieces and I am wondering if there is a better way to buying these other than ebay? Is joining the waiting list on sideshowtoys for this Batman a waste of time?

Wait List is working really well, I got mine at the waitlist.

Ebay is toooo expensive....

u can look in the sales section...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

some people got it on the waiting list. depends how early you joined the list.

I am really kicking myself for not buying these earlier, when I first saw these toys the Batmobile was about to come out and I had it on preorder then canceled it thinking I would get it later.

I guess it was delivered by Fed Ex? They send a customs invoice through the post about a week after delivery.

Oh, well that's rained on my parade a little bit more. It seems my initial impressions were wrong, there are defects on the figure. There's a small split on the left hand side of the batman head along the edge of where the cowl meets the body.And the left kneepad fell off. I've managed to glue it back on but almost glued my fingers together in the attempt, and marked the suit slightly under the pad. Added to that I've managed to burn a hole in my carpet utilising the hair dryer trick. Getting the cape and Bataman head on is an absolute swine! I've managed it though I'm fricking exhausted.

Things I have Learnt from this evening.

1. Fed Ex charge you after delivery

2. Glue always runs out of the tube quicker when you're trying to extra careful

3. Super glue sticks flesh better that it sticks anything else!

4. My landlord bought really, really cheap carpet.

5. Hot Toys need to employ testers to ensure that head swapping and cape attaching is a quick and painless experience (it took me an hour and a Half!)

What is it about the socket on the boot that's busted? I thought it was just a fitted socket that the ball joint plugged into.

Yeah, except you still have a Batman figure with a broken boot. :dunno

Ordered a velvet cape. Can't wait to get it. Btw do yo have to make the holes on the velvet or are they already there?

You have to make the holes. Which is good, because not everyone is gonna want them in the same place.

What is it about the socket on the boot that's busted? I thought it was just a fitted socket that the ball joint plugged into.

All I know is that the heel on mine is crunchy. A little piece of black plastic actually fell out of the boot at one point. :slap

What a pain re the customs charges that will be posted to me in about a weeks time. Further to my previous post saying everything was perfect, I've checked again and my right boot seems loose. I'm now going to remove the plastic and check to see if the widespread problem is going to ruin my experience of this figure too.

Back