Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone I've seen so far, has had broken right ankles.

im pretty sure everyone who has the issue has the same triangular shaped piece of plastic that fell out of the boot. If you look closely at it, its very brittle. Most likely cause Hot Toys rushed getting the rubber boot mold around the hard plastic cup inside rather than letting it cure to harden first.

I didn't know that SS shipped their HT figures in the HT shipping box only. That's pretty ____ed up right there. No wonder the figures are broken. I never order from Sideshow. I either go through BBTS or Corner Store Comics or dealers here on the forum. They know how to ship things safely.

This is just a warning. Anyone who has not picked up one of these should be relieved. Got this today and after fiddling with it for one hour, trying to attach a different head, the cape, and hands, decided to return it for a refund. Unlike all my previous 30 figures from Hot Toys, the joints and other pieces are extremely hard to attach, reattach. The hand joints are made out of hard plastic and I couldn't push the right hand one back in. Finally had to use a pliers. The cape attaches with two hard plastic pins, which just don't fit into the holes very easily. Really, really poorly designed. I wish Hot Toys would make their products more user friendly. I've had a problem with nearly every piece I have. Not as bad as this one though.

Got mine today. When the UPS guy handed me the figure in just the Hot Toys box, I knew something was wrong.

Right out of the box, broken boot and dented ab. I'm pissed. What is SS thinking? UPS throws their packages around and there is absolutely NO PROTECTION when SS ships in just the Hot Toys box. :mad:

I sent SS an e-mail, so I guess I'll just have to see what happens. From now on, I'm BBTS all the way. When I got my DX Bruce Lee, it was packaged like the pic above. If I hadn't given them $25 for the DX Indy, I would be cancelling. I'm done with Sideshow. :wave

I hope you guys don't get ____ed up figures.

Mine has like a small dent on his right ab too, I got mine double boxed from SS too. I think it's how HT posed it with the belt, probably pinched the suit that way. Not too distracting, I took the round protectors off from the triangle holders on the cape, the damn pegs still don't go in all the way, any suggestions?

bigal326,
I have the same exact problem as you, the dent and the broken boot.The problem doesn't seem to be a shipping error, more of a quality control issue. In fact the little piece that came out of the boot look like the same exact shape. The dent can go either way, seems like either a)the dent on the right did not form symmetrical to the left or the lack of the dent on the right didn't form correctly on the right. The dent is passable in my honest opinion, but the broken cup found within the boot is the most annoying thing. I looked closely at the broken piece and it look like it was very brittle, it probably didn't have enough time to cool before they wrapped it in the rubber boot mold.

My figure is the same, broken right ankle within the boot, sent an email to the replacement dept at Sideshow today. Sideshow has always been good about replacement parts though if you send it in soon enough so hopefully it will all work out.

Same here with the broken right ankle inside boot, pretty much the exact same way. Abdomen is fine however.

Yup. I even have it with my Dx Bats.:mad:

conan.gif

Yeah, but you have to agree, shippers with NO protection. If you order from any other online retailer items are packaged with bubble wrap or other protective materials. These are $200 and above collectibles with only an additional layer of cardboard.

Mine always arrive just fine :dunno

When I got it, I was so excited, I didn't even notice the box. Looking at it now, it has two holes in it and big black scratches, like it was thrown around.

When I got my DX Bruce from BBTS, the Hot Toys box inside was FLAWLESS!

What sucks is that you're from California and it didn't even have to travel that far!!:slap This is probably a quality control issue from China! These supposedly came in limited numbers, so you would think they could keep the quality controlled. :dunno

It seems there is something wrong with the right ankle on mine too. It feels like it's free floating in there and there is no resistance when I try to move the right foot like there is with the left.

Seems as though, it may turn out, HT rushed this. I wonder if they didn't plan to release it so widely, saw the outcry, and produced a ton in a short window of time. I've read a number of times, on various figures, where people suspect they don't give figure components enough time to cure/setup/whatever. Though, that may be jumping to conclusions. What we do know is this issue seems to be hitting a number of freaks.

Last edited:
My card was charged last Thursday and it's been in a shipping soon state since last Wednesday. Still no shipping update. I emailed them Friday night but haven't heard anything.

Was really hoping he would get to me in Northern California tomorrow but it looks like that isn't happening now.

My card was also charged last thursday. I got my shipping notice this evening. You should get it tomorrow.

Btw damn that sux hopefully my bat doesnt come messed up.:pray:

This is my first time ordering direct from Sideshow and I am not impressed with their slow-@ss processing and shipping. The waiting wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't declared they were processing orders last week since I was all set to receive this in late October. They really need to shut up and not say anything until they're ready to ship. My card has been charged a week and the thing is still "shipping soon". And I'm in the same area as Skeemer.

This is my first time ordering direct from Sideshow and I am not impressed with their slow-@ss processing and shipping. The waiting wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't declared they were processing orders last week since I was all set to receive this in late October. They really need to shut up and not say anything until they're ready to ship. My card has been charged a week and the thing is still "shipping soon". And I'm in the same area as Skeemer.

Did you order quickly the day it became available? I wonder if they're shipping them based on who placed their order soonest. They do seem to be shipping in batches. This may have been a sizable release. :dunno

Everyone I've seen so far, has had broken right ankles.

It's broken within the boot at the angle.

Did you order quickly the day it became available? I wonder if they're shipping them based on who placed their order soonest. They do seem to be shipping in batches. This may have been a sizable release. :dunno

I ordered mine about a half hour into the PPO and I got mine today.

Yea this is my first time ordering from Sideshow too. I PO'd mine on August 13th. I am supposed to get my Bat tomorrow. Anyone PO'd this after Aug 13th and have theirs already?

Re: Beware - Hot Toys - Batman Bruce Wayne

This is just a warning. Anyone who has not picked up one of these should be relieved. Got this today and after fiddling with it for one hour, trying to attach a different head, the cape, and hands, decided to return it for a refund. Unlike all my previous 30 figures from Hot Toys, the joints and other pieces are extremely hard to attach, reattach. The hand joints are made out of hard plastic and I couldn't push the right hand one back in. Finally had to use a pliers. The cape attaches with two hard plastic pins, which just don't fit into the holes very easily. Really, really poorly designed. I wish Hot Toys would make their products more user friendly. I've had a problem with nearly every piece I have. Not as bad as this one though.

wrong06.jpg

So, if I were calling in for a replacement part, I'd ask for a new right boot? The peg is good, but the plastic part of the boot, where the peg fits into is broken?

Yeah, you basically need a new boot. For me though, with the dent in the abs, I have to get a replacement.

I feel like Hot Toys is turning into Sideshow with the quality of their plastic. Every single 12" SS figure I own, with the exception of my Freddy Krueger, has a piece broken on it.

Back