Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has ALWAYS sent figures in just the brown shippers. That is what they are! SHIPPERS! :duh

Yeah, but you have to agree, shippers with NO protection. If you order from any other online retailer items are packaged with bubble wrap or other protective materials. These are $200 and above collectibles with only an additional layer of cardboard.

Yeah, but I would assume by shipper in this case, the figures come in boxes of 6-8 and these shippers are only meant to protect against rubbing while in the cases and are not necessarily meant to protect the figure from the dangers of your typical shipping process.

Just a guess, I don't know how they come packaged when they get to Sideshow, but I highly doubt they come individually.

Yeah, but I would assume by shipper in this case, the figures come in boxes of 6-8 and these shippers are only meant to protect against rubbing while in the cases and are not necessarily meant to protect the figure from the dangers of your typical shipping process.

Just a guess, I don't know how they come packaged when they get to Sideshow, but I highly doubt they come individually.

:exactly: When ordering from SS, you have to request the box out and just thank heavens for "free" shipping and substitute that "saved" $15 for what you would have spent anyways elsewhere...

Sideshow has ALWAYS sent figures in just the brown shippers. That is what they are! SHIPPERS! :duh

And shippers protect fine as long as they are on a crate. Not so much though when handled singularly by UPS. It's a crapshoot whether or not you get a undamaged figure. Why does a COLLECTIBLES company deal in crapshoots? It is disrespectful to the hobby. We already have our first report of damage, and that figure will have to be shipped back. Do it right the first ____ing time and you don't have these issues.:mad:

Mine has like a small dent on his right ab too, I got mine double boxed from SS too. I think it's how HT posed it with the belt, probably pinched the suit that way. Not too distracting, I took the round protectors off from the triangle holders on the cape, the damn pegs still don't go in all the way, any suggestions?

They ship to retailers in one large box that contains the HT figures in their shippers. But there is no additional cushioning. So basically one more layer of cardboard than you're getting when Sideshow ships individual figures.

Personally I've never had a problem with a figure that came to me in it's brown shipper alone.

You should just call them :lol

what would I say?

"why haven't you shipped my Batman?"

is it ok to ask that since I have been charged yet it hasn't been shipped?

I just don't want to get a generic answers like "it will ship soon" or something like that

Got mine today. When the UPS guy handed me the figure in just the Hot Toys box, I knew something was wrong.

Right out of the box, broken boot and dented ab. I'm pissed. What is SS thinking? UPS throws their packages around and there is absolutely NO PROTECTION when SS ships in just the Hot Toys box. :mad:

I sent SS an e-mail, so I guess I'll just have to see what happens. From now on, I'm BBTS all the way. When I got my DX Bruce Lee, it was packaged like the pic above. If I hadn't given them $25 for the DX Indy, I would be cancelling. I'm done with Sideshow. :wave

I hope you guys don't get ____ed up figures.

Shipper yes, protection? Not much. This is exactly the point I have been trying to make about these 'Shippers'. The way they are handled by UPS and other carriers the chance the figure may get damaged is more likely.

I sent them an email this morning, stated I was the Reverend, and they immediately shipped out the package this afternoon...

They repented and found them salvation.

It's not necessarily the one extra layer of cardboard, but moreso the bulk of the box that would presumably keep them from getting tossed around like a single figure would.

Indy and Bats will be my first items from Sideshow, so I'm hoping for the best.

what would I say?

"why haven't you shipped my Batman?"

is it ok to ask that since I have been charged yet it hasn't been shipped?

I just don't want to get a generic answers like "it will ship soon" or something like that
If your card has been already charged and it hasn't shipped, I think asking when it will ship is a fair question. When did your card get charged?

Here's mine

batmanOC.jpg

My card was charged last Thursday and it's been in a shipping soon state since last Wednesday. Still no shipping update. I emailed them Friday night but haven't heard anything.

Was really hoping he would get to me in Northern California tomorrow but it looks like that isn't happening now.

Got mine today. When the UPS guy handed me the figure in just the Hot Toys box, I knew something was wrong.

Right out of the box, broken boot and dented ab. I'm pissed. What is SS thinking? UPS throws their packages around and there is absolutely NO PROTECTION when SS ships in just the Hot Toys box. :mad:

I sent SS an e-mail, so I guess I'll just have to see what happens. From now on, I'm BBTS all the way. When I got my DX Bruce Lee, it was packaged like the pic above. If I hadn't given them $25 for the DX Indy, I would be cancelling. I'm done with Sideshow. :wave

bigal326,
I have the same exact problem as you, the dent and the broken boot.The problem doesn't seem to be a shipping error, more of a quality control issue. In fact the little piece that came out of the boot look like the same exact shape. The dent can go either way, seems like either a)the dent on the right did not form symmetrical to the left or the lack of the dent on the right didn't form correctly on the right. The dent is passable in my honest opinion, but the broken cup found within the boot is the most annoying thing. I looked closely at the broken piece and it look like it was very brittle, it probably didn't have enough time to cool before they wrapped it in the rubber boot mold.

bigal326,
I have the same exact problem as you, the dent and the broken boot.The problem doesn't seem to be a shipping error, more of a quality control issue. In fact the little piece that came out of the boot look like the same exact shape. The dent can go either way, seems like either a)the dent on the right did not form symmetrical to the left or the lack of the dent on the right didn't form correctly on the right. The dent is passable in my honest opinion, but the broken cup found within the boot is the most annoying thing. I looked closely at the broken piece and it look like it was very brittle, it probably didn't have enough time to cool before they wrapped it in the rubber boot mold.

For what I payed for this figure, the dent isn't passable for me.

Sideshow has always charged more for their figures. They need to step up their game. I wouldn't even mind if they opened the figure and made sure everything was alright before they shipped. And as for not shipping within another box packed with bubble, this shouldn't be happening. They need to protect the figures just like BBTS does.

I'm just curious...was the box beat up when it arrived? I haven't opened up mine yet (Been busy) and I'm worried about broken boot issue!

Maybe he is thinking in selling the figure in the future. I agree, hot toys figures are increase their value with time

So he's a flipper then.

if the figure is in box never opened it will cost from $50 to $150 more than a already displayed figure... I say this after watching several ebay sales, of Batman DX02.

I wouldn't trust selling a figure that has never been opened, quite a few Hot Toys have problems right out of the box, selling the figure without being able to atest for the actual quality of it inside is risky.

Back