Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for advice on this. This is the only Batman that I don't have I have been reluctant because of the boot issue but mostly my concern is the suit. Is the suit problem ( cracking / falling apart after time ) a deal breaker ? Or should I pick one up with confidence ?
Thanks to all in advance.

I got mine second hand & the seller told me his boots are fine, so I get the figure, as soon as I get him out the box the boot falls off. :mad:
I mailed the guy but he told me that he thought the figure was fine. I couldn't be asked to follow it up. & used some DX02 boots instead. I think you are more likely to get dodgy boots then not, it seems like a pretty common problem.
Mine is fine now though.

DSCF1817_zpse58d3581.jpg

Not all Hot Toys, just their Begins suited figures.

Have you tried the MMS67 with a big cape, a Takara cape if you can get it? I think this figure still looks amazing.

To me that 2011 figure looks awful, there's something washed out about it.

Have you tried the MMS67 with a big cape, a Takara cape if you can get it? I think this figure still looks amazing.

To me that 2011 figure looks awful, there's something washed out about it.

I sold the 2008 Original Costume. I just kept the mangler from it.

I still have my Takara, but it's boxed up.

I just listed another one of these. As much as I love the Begins suit, the Hot Toys figures just aren't doing it for me anymore.

I did that like a few months ago. Since they will be releasing one sooner or later

I still have a loose MMS 67 that I picked up long time ago as a place holder.

I still have a loose MMS 67 that I picked up long time ago as a place holder.

I sold that one too, but kept the mangler.

It was tough for me because I really loved the MMS 67 figure, much more than this Begins one. I just couldn't get over how tacky the suit felt compared to say, the DX 09 or DX 12/Armory though. The sculpts and the way the boots function were just kind of clunky to me. I saw an opportunity to sell it for well over what I paid and took advantage of it. It also didn't help that the old 2007/2008/2009 true types are notorious for knee breaks.

R.I.P MMS 67

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've been thinning out the herd so to speak. After I got a grand for both Two-Face's, I've been selling Nolan Bats like crazy. Scarecrow and Demon Batman may not survive the purge. A shelf or two of just Armory Batman, DX 11 Joker, the batpod, armory and a variation of Bale and Ledger are looking more likely.

Last edited:

It was tough for me because I really loved the MMS 67 figure, much more than this Begins one. I just couldn't get over how tacky the suit felt compared to say, the DX 09 or DX 12/Armory though. The sculpts and the way the boots function were just kind of clunky to me. I saw an opportunity to sell it for well over what I paid and took advantage of it. It also didn't help that the old 2007/2008/2009 true types are notorious for knee breaks.

R.I.P MMS 67

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've been thinning out the herd so to speak. After I got a grand for both Two-Face's, I've been selling Nolan Bats like crazy. Scarecrow and Demon Batman may not survive the purge. A shelf or two of just Armory Batman, DX 11 Joker, the batpod, armory and a variation of Bale and Ledger are looking more likely.
I'm doing the same Fab, are you selling on ebay? I've given up on here.

Sad to hear. I might be interested in a spare Scarecrow if the price is not bad.

Like you, I also hope there's an updated Begins figure done right.

I'm doing the same Fab, are you selling on ebay? I've given up on here.

Yeah, I've been using all markets. Recently it was ebay for the Two-Faces and the first Toy Fairs Batman I sold. The transactions went smoothly *knock on wood*.

I looked around the collection a while back and just wasn't keen on what I amassed anymore. I actually felt bad about it. Now it's only iconic and sentimental characters. I actually prefer the Begins suit to the Dark Knight one, but Begins in doll form just didn't cut it for me anymore. I still have the Takara, despite being outdated, but that's because it was my first 1/6 high end Batman figure. He's boxed anyway. :lol

Figured I'd go for a more ying/yang thing with film Batman and Joker. Keaton/Nicholson, Bale/Ledger, Batmobile/Batpod.

Last edited:
Ive thinned out my Hot Toys collection as well, to only this figure and a custom Scarecrow. Since becoming a customizer as a living Ive needed the space for my own creations, and the Hot Toys werent doing it for me anymore.

Is there a way to set the shoulders lower on the mms67? I like how the TF suit looks more with that respect. Or maybe the neck on the TF cowl is just long?
ef4bef2f4df9b67bf39f32c5c108e55b.jpg

I have a bit of a bash going with the original suit, ex. Head and custom cape. Suit is still in perfect condition, but no extreme poses for me. The ex. head really makes this figure though...such a huge improvement over the original. I'm pretty pleased with this guy.
bbbatman.jpg

R.I.P MMS 67

Spoiler Spoiler:

Why would you keep the mangler, if you arent gonna use it? Its not that accurate to begin with anyways. :lol

Yeah, I've been using all markets. Recently it was ebay for the Two-Faces and the first Toy Fairs Batman I sold. The transactions went smoothly *knock on wood*.

I looked around the collection a while back and just wasn't keen on what I amassed anymore. I actually felt bad about it. Now it's only iconic and sentimental characters. I actually prefer the Begins suit to the Dark Knight one, but Begins in doll form just didn't cut it for me anymore. I still have the Takara, despite being outdated, but that's because it was my first 1/6 high end Batman figure. He's boxed anyway. :lol

Figured I'd go for a more ying/yang thing with film Batman and Joker. Keaton/Nicholson, Bale/Ledger, Batmobile/Batpod.

Ive been thinking for a few days of what you said, Vinny. And Im starting to think its a good idea to be doing similar thing myself. Though the scarecrow etc will only go after Ive gotten rid of my other non Nolan Bats character.

Is there a way to set the shoulders lower on the mms67? I like how the TF suit looks more with that respect. Or maybe the neck on the TF cowl is just long?
ef4bef2f4df9b67bf39f32c5c108e55b.jpg

Yes, just swap up the inner body with a narrow shoulder TT.

I have a bit of a bash going with the original suit, ex. Head and custom cape. Suit is still in perfect condition, but no extreme poses for me. The ex. head really makes this figure though...such a huge improvement over the original. I'm pretty pleased with this guy.
View attachment 133622

That looks nice! What cape did you use and how did you take out the stock cape?

Yikes, I'm afraid to take off the costume since it's glued on at several places. I find he looks slightly better looking straight on or from above, rather than a low angle as I had before, so I might just place him on a lower shelf... :lol

On a side note, anyone have a TF cowl or know where to get one? Might be bashing a 2nd Begins, this time w/ the suit.

Thanks! I bought an Iforigno velvet cape for this and the TDK version. The Begins cape came off easy, but you have to break the cape clips out of their spot. All I did was place some electrical tape under the cowl and placed the clips onto the tape. Figure has been sitting for over 2 years now with no issues at all. I am not a big customizer, but I think this makes a huge difference overall!
I didn't do any body or suit swaps. It was just old head off and new head on with the custom cape!

i'm currently dealing with a guy for this for about 320USD. good deal?

not MISB but BIB and not displayed previously.

Back