Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried pushing the leg peg a little harder into the boot and it's actually more secure now, still feels loose but it can stand on it's own and I do feel some resistance, albeit a little less than the other foot.

Do you think HT will be making a new Batman Begins figure?

I sure hope so. Hoping for a DX version, actually. This figure is junk, the materials, just an overall disappointment. I want a 1/6 BB that not only looks passable, but feels right.
I own this figure, BTW, and it's been a nightmare. Boots, color fading, etc.
I want to sell mine BAD.

Is there a way to tell? Like is it risky to remove the boot?

If it's broken, it's broken. Taking the boot off isn't going to break it any further, since they're designed to be removable, so no reason not to. When you take it off, check to see if any plastic bits fall out.

I've found that all that you need to do is break out the round tube that's in the TT foot, rolls the rubber boot down to the black Batman foot, Drimel out a space big enough and deep enough (measure how high the foot peg is in the boot from the ground up to know this before starting), and after this, super glue the round tube (that actually hold the peg) into the space real good, then roll the boot back up.

That's generally the process I was referring to, though I'd advocate slicing the boot open at the sole, rather than rolling down the boot. Rolling the rubber might stretch and distort it permanently.

Doing so would also make it easier to dremel out any remaining plastic in the way of where your replacement foot tube is going to go, as well as make it easier to make sure you have a secure connection with the glue.

A 10 to 15 minute job tops; faster if you have some super glue accelerator. Put the peg back into Batman leg and then slide the leg back in and pop it in. I did it that way and my second figures just fine.

Yeah, it doesn't take too long, but if this is the guy's first time doing such a repair, I'd advocate taking your time and doing it slowly, rather than rushing and possibly messing it up.

The DX02 Boots work well on the BB figure with the dodgy connectors. Here is my BB figure with the 02 boots.

DSCF1720_zpsbc5286b8.jpg
DSCF1721_zpscccb4a9c.jpg

And here is my DX02 he has got the boots from the Toys Legend Bat Armoury. They have not got a foot peg connector inside but they grip well to his legs and he can hold a pose with them on.

DSCF1722_zps16da961a.jpg
DSCF1723_zpsdb0c3fe6.jpg

How much is this going for mint in box? opened but never displayed? With what I believe are non broken feet?
Thinking of selling mine..

Also, I have a second batch (genuinely oil free) DX02 almost complete too (no boots). Any idea what it's worth?

Last edited:
How much is this going for mint in box? opened but never displayed? With what I believe are non broken feet?
Thinking of selling mine..

Also, I have a second batch (genuinely oil free) DX02 almost complete too (no boots). Any idea what it's worth?

Likely $450+

What are you looking to get out of your DX02?
Always wanted one for some weird reason...

Wow that is off when compared to the other 2. Anyway thanks for that link as I would be down for a replacement head for my MMS 67.

Someone just scored one from SS today for retal, plus tax plus shipping...who was it.....

This guy!!

n46us6.jpg

Last edited:
Its legit. Its from the mobile site. Ill post a screencap of the email if you have more doubts...

Email screencap
2emz8sn.jpg

I too was skeptical on it when I saw it this morning, but I requested the packout and it should ship today. I couldnt check out fast enough lol.

Last edited:
On the mobile site you can search by manufacturer. So click Hot Toys and it brings up everything they have for sale or preorder from HT. I just check every so often hoping a 1/4 Endo comes up or other figures I might want. On this day, I was looking for the Rescue Cap, which just came back in stock and there it was. I thought it was the dx 12 , but opened up the page and couldnt believe it. I spent the next two aganoizing minutes entering bad username and passwords after another till I checked out and got the order confirmation. Shortly after, the page went from checking inventory to disappearing from the site. I just got lucky.

Nice haha! Post an update when you get it! Let us know how that ankle peg is that most of us are having problems with.

Wow, that's pretty awesome and quite unexpected. Good for you.

As for the boot problems, I am of the opinion that they're all made from brittle plastic and its only a matter of time before it breaks if it hasn't already. Of course I can't prove this so it may turn out OK. If I were you I wouldn't even take the boot off if everything seems OK. Some theorized that taking the boot off and putting back on either was quickening the process of breakage or breaking it altogether. Mine was fine until I pulled it off and popped it back on. The socket crumbled after that. Of course its yours so you can do what you like, just a suggestion. :)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I'm worried about mine. The boot fell off when I was un-boxing but no pieces fell out. I pushed it back in the socket gingerly and it seems attached, though delicately. There's resistance and won't fall off now, but I didn't want to use too much force and break it. I'm debating now whether I should sell this now and hope HT makes a new one in the near future, or if I should just display him since I got him sealed in box at a decent deal compared to the going-price now.

Back