Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty awesome but still doesn't look like RDJ. This is the second head sculpt with teeth right? First the Comedian and now Iron Man. To bad they could make Wolverine with some choppers.

Except that Hot toys said it Was NOt a DX, and that they have NO PLAN S for an iron man DX at this time on their blog,
As for the base, the Predator came with a special base, does that make him a DX? It's just a Diorama base, it's a piece of the Scaffolding floor from the final battle with Iron monger.

I know HT have stated it is not DX, but I am saying, for what you appear to get, this looks to be practically DX status in my book. The base is obviously from the final fight yes.

Predator seemed to warrant a special base to me. This is the first time a basic/general figure has had a special base in my opnion.

haha dx or not this looks awesome!!!
Damn! Hottoys CEO is a PIMP, love to tempts us with his new figures!

I know HT have stated it is not DX, but I am saying, for what you appear to get, this looks to be practically DX status in my book. The base is obviously from the final fight yes.

Predator seemed to warrant a special base to me. This is the first time a basic/general figure has had a special base in my opnion.

Agreed. DX or not, it is definitely more than a regular MMS. Same could be said about Marcus Wright. Special base, extra costume, extra head sculpt, etc.

im just gonna stick with the normal mk 3 version and buy the damaged helmet when it comes out on ebay:rotfl

All the pics look pretty damn good so far. Hot Toys did a kick ass job :rock

Pass for me though.

Largest it is for now.

ap_20090901082246745.jpg

Credit: Tommy Richardson blog.

https://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tommgarden/article?mid=10566

I don't think this one lights up. This will be a factor in keeping the V1 MK3 special.

There is no way this thing doesn't light up...maybe the hands don't but i can bet you it lights up in some way...

This thing is looking great, i have the first MKIII version so i am set for now...or until i see more pics of this thing convincing me to buy it. :eek:

M.

i can't wait for the specs, im still kinda confused if he comes with 2 heads, one masked and the other flip-up, or just the flip up one with a magnetic face shield. This guy better light up too! the crushed helmet is a nice touch and i hope its foreshadowing an iron monger

i can't wait for the specs, im still kinda confused if he comes with 2 heads, one masked and the other flip-up, or just the flip up one with a magnetic face shield. This guy better light up too! the crushed helmet is a nice touch and i hope its foreshadowing an iron monger

Everyone should flood the HT inbox with emails demanding a 1/6 Iron Monger.

Definitely lights up too. You can see the switches on the forearms. :D

Also, appears some of the BD chestplate is transparent. Neat.

I'm so glad I was not happy with my Mark III & sold if off as soon as I got it. (I kept the RDJ head though)

Are there any clear, detailed shots of the Mark 4 suit from IM2 out there yet? I definitely want to add and Iron Man figure to my collection, trying to figure out would I like this one better or will I like the Mark 4 design better and just wait for that.

I don't know how clear and detailed a shot you are looking for, but on the same blog ruthlessly referenced in this thread:

ap_20090831105106158.jpg

That's fine, I've seen some but they're like background or blurred or just really small and distorted by being enlarged.

Thank you for posting that, now I can figure out which course I want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back