Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Variety is the spice of life. Since when is it bad when a company gives us lots of options to choose from? Hot Toys knows this and they're capitalizing on it. I'm pleased that they're offering so much variety in their popular lines. I wasn't impressed with the naked T-600, so I opted for the rubber skin version. I wasn't interested in any of the Predators until they released the version from the original movie, etc. With Iron Man, if you can only afford one then you have 3 Mark IIIs, a Mark II and a Mark I to choose from. It's a win situation for all.

Looking cool!

IronManMarkIIIBDVerTeaser.jpg

I can't wait for this! It was obvious HT would come out with a BD version eventually, and I'm glad it's coming soon. Can't wait to see the full specs!

Can’t wait for the full specs and RDJ portrait sculpt for this, it looks great so far.

I really wouldn't be shocked if we didn't get a RDJ sculpt with this. Its like a DX even though they aren't marketing it as one. The standard look with be the Golmera attack scene with minimal damage, bullet holes, scratches, etc. The second look looks to be the Iron Monger possibilities with interchangable parts and smashed helmet as an accessory. Why wouldn't they include it? Simple they'll say you can use the Tony Sculpt from the Mark 3. What about the flip top head? Its like the BRJ additional Joker head where its there to use if you'd like but more to replace the original Mk 3 head.

I hope I'm wrong and we get a roughed up Stark sculpt but like I said I wouldn't be surprised.

I'll need to see more pics, but I may pass. I already have a regular Mark III and I might just wait until the Mark IV to get another Iron Man figure.

With Iron Man, if you can only afford one then you have 3 Mark IIIs, a Mark II and a Mark I to choose from. It's a win situation for all.

Technically the grey version isn't official. It was never part of the movie. I see it like a fan art version.

I'll need to see more pics

Yeah, I feel the same. More pictures before I decide yay or nay but it just feels as if I'm never going to stop collecting 1/6 Iron Man and Batman now. Figures every year from the same line.

It's just I want to complete the line thats going to be part of my special display units and as Falcon had said, variations are nice...... but without milking it dry.

Technically the grey version isn't official. It was never part of the movie. I see it like a fan art version.

Yeah, I feel the same. More pictures before I decide yay or nay but it just feels as if I'm never going to stop collecting 1/6 Iron Man and Batman now. Figures every year from the same line.

It's just I want to complete the line thats going to be part of my special display units and as Falcon had said, variations are nice...... but without milking it dry.

Completely agree with you. However, a battle-damaged version was a must. As is an Iron Monger. After that, no more IM for me. Until IM2, that is :D

Speaking of Iron Monger, has anybody heard anything about Hot Toys Iron Monger. Last I heard from a good source, that they where not going to do one.

When I said 'I can't wait to see the RDJ portrait', I simply meant the open helmet one.

I doubt we will get a new Stark sculpt with this, seeing as in the blurry pic it appears evrything that comes with it is laid out.

You're absolutely right. The GG version is not a necessity for the 1/6 IM collector by any means, but it's a variation that's out there nonetheless. Hot Toys will milk all the popular franchises dry without a doubt. Strike while the iron is hot (pun intended) so to speak. The company is obviously making smart business decisions, because there's certainly not a shortage of folks willing to buy their stuff. I can't/won't buy into every line that's for sure, but I'm glad they're offering plenty variations in the stuff I care most about.

If you really think about it how did HT milk this? Or how pray tell are they screwing the fans here? They released all three Marks. The GGM version is actually a version that was commissioned by the owner of a large HT company that was later used as a Convention Exclusive. No different than SSC making Kroenen and then Nazi Kroenen for SDCC or Werewolf Oz. Why because those were seen in their respective films or shows? In reality if you pay attention to the screens on Tony's computer while he is rendering the Mark 3, the screen shows a full grey version, that changes to full gold and then to the red/gold that you see. If you don't like that connection I'd say its better because something conceptual means that you don't actually feel at a loss when you don't buy it.

Everyone was expecting a BD version since the first Mark 3 was announced, most of us were surprised when we didn't see one. The fliptop is no different than the make up head with the BRJ.

Look at the Terminator license where you have the announcement of the 7 or 8th T-600 all done via Conceptuals and small tweaks....now that is a screw you.

The Mike you are really spoiling us with the boobies. I would like to thank you on behalf of all of us boobie-lovers.

If you really think about it how did HT milk this?

By releasing something they could have done with the previous figure? just like what has been done with Batman but the excuse is not enough resources supplied at the time. There was tons on the internet way back then. Just like this is the excuse to knock out another variant.

I always felt Mark 3 was very poor with accessories for the price. Then you realize what else can possibly be added except hands and the Downey head but then they come out with add-on plates etc etc who knows what else for this version but because I want to complete the line I really want this. Mark 3 seemed to have sold out in no time because of the demand. So it's hard to not say no. Pass it by and you wish at some point when people have it in hand you wish you could have gotten it.

I could be reading it wrong but it always feels like as if they hold something back deliberately to get you to buy it then they come out with an even better version.

Or how pray tell are they screwing the fans here? They released all three Marks.

I don't recall anyone saying they are screwing us... release after another release. Everytime another figure(s) gets released I always think it's the last one but they always come out with another variant or minor add-on accessories. Which sometimes makes you think, "should I have waited" but then if you wait and no other figures comes out you miss out. I remember near the start of the year how so many people said this line was nearly dead with interest. Not only the lack of release dates. People were losing interest so fast it was unreal. Can you blame them...

I'm well aware the 3 Marks were getting made but way back then it looked as if that was all that was part of the line. As we know those are all major parts of the movie. As times goes on it just never feels like it's ending.

The GGM version is actually a version that was commissioned by the owner of a large HT company that was later used as a Convention Exclusive.

So well aware. Thats why it never appealed to me. Now I'm not dissing anyone who has it. Thats ok, it's their taste in that variant but I personally prefer official stuff related to the film.

In reality if you pay attention to the screens on Tony's computer while he is rendering the Mark 3, the screen shows a full grey version, that changes to full gold and then to the red/gold that you see. If you don't like that connection I'd say its better because something conceptual means that you don't actually feel at a loss when you don't buy it.

I'll have to check that again but I do not recall any putty grey version. It was Mark 2 silver I saw rotating.

Everyone was expecting a BD version since the first Mark 3 was announced, most of us were surprised when we didn't see one. The fliptop is no different than the make up head with the BRJ.

They were? if so how could they have been surprised there wasn't.... it was all speculation and rumours flying about from customized versions and very little at that except a few months ago from the magazine photo standing on a circular base. Which I do believe was another customized version. Which all did look stunning. Never did I think Hot Toys was going to take it on board until now. As there was no hints kicking about until Iron Man 2 was making the news.

Look at the Terminator license where you have the announcement of the 7 or 8th T-600 all done via Conceptuals and small tweaks....now that is a screw you.

I wouldn't know, I don't follow the line but most things seem to be following the same pattern. Look at Batman but lets not go there. Now I'm not trying to be negative towards this battle damaged figure as I'm 95% convinced I'll order it but I want more photos to nail it for me before I decide. It's just it always feels like it's the last figure, the last, the last and it just never seems to end. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but unless I have a time machine I can never know whats going to sell out fast and what wont with the demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back