Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By releasing something they could have done with the previous figure? just like what has been done with Batman but the excuse is not enough resources supplied at the time. There was tons on the internet way back then. Just like this is the excuse to knock out another variant. I always felt Mark 3 was very poor with accessories for the price. Then you realize what else can possibly be added except hands and the Downey head but then they come out with add-on plates etc etc who knows what else for this version but because I want to complete the line I really want this. Mark 3 seemed to have sold out in no time because of the demand. So it's hard to not say no. Pass it by and you wish at some point when people have it in hand you wish you could have gotten it.

So you wanted an "All-in-one"? In reality they've never done it. The Predator 2 version could have been all in one or even the Wolf, the Cleaner kit was even more of a variant than anything else. Its been done by HT over and over and over before, during and after the Iron Man stuff it was fully expected that there would be a BD.

I could be reading it wrong but it always feels like as if they hold something back deliberately to get you to buy it then they come out with an even better version.

That line of thinking comes mostly from the Batman line where the figures seem to be getting progressively better and better with each release so it isn't really a variant but a better figure. That being said, a BD version and a standard version were the first two predicted on these boards alone if you search back to those threads.

I don't recall anyone saying they are screwing us... release after another release. Everytime another figure(s) gets released I always think it's the last one but they always come out with another variant or minor add-on accessories. Which sometimes makes you think, "should I have waited" but then if you wait and no other figures comes out you miss out. I remember near the start of the year how so many people said this line was nearly dead with interest. Not only the lack of release dates. People were losing interest so fast it was unreal. Can you blame them...

Not here specifically, although I didn't check the earlier posts, but there is a serious negative vibe surrounding HT with a lot of members saying they are out and out there to screw us. The should-have waited mentality sucks but the reality is after the Joker and Terminator fiascos, the collectors who are educated in how HT is operating are waiting. There are a few people posting saying "I knew to wait it out I'm getting this version." While this version won't really replace the Mark 3, its apples and oranges to the Jokers from the Batman lines because both ways to display are Battle Damaged (it looks) from differing degrees. If they include plates to show it off as completely pristine like the original Mark 3 then I'll retract my statement but this is a legit release that was expected.

I'm well aware the 3 Marks were getting made but way back then it looked as if that was all that was part of the line. As we know those are all major parts of the movie. As times goes on it just never feels like it's ending.

No company shows their hand fully, none. Sideshow doesn't. Medicom doesn't. Hot Toys doesn't. Its stupid business sense. They want us to buy as many of these as possible so considering that it has been over a year since the original Mark 3 figure was released I don't think many have a problem with it. The line WILL end with the release of the Iron Man 2 line but until then with a gap present why not fill it with figures that were requested? People were pissed at Sideshow for the German uniform especially since people made their own thinking it wouldn't come. People were upset about various HT lines, people are even upset at Sideshow because they are buying customs because they aren't announcing what characters will be done. Its unfortunate especially with a lot of collectors on a budget but its the way things have been running for a while.

So well aware. Thats why it never appealed to me. Now I'm not dissing anyone who has it. Thats ok, it's their taste in that variant but I personally prefer official stuff related to the film.

Moot point. Like you said its personal preference and those who have it love it and those who don't have pretty much said they are cool with not having it.

I'll have to check that again but I do not recall any putty grey version. It was Mark 2 silver I saw rotating.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot of it on here but its a quick sequence of the Mark 3 which was a render on the computer primered and painted gold, then he remarks to add the red. Like I said its a tidbit for those who are dying for a film connection but either way everyone involved even the owners have admitted that its a conceptual and are okay with it.

They were? if so how could they have been surprised there wasn't.... it was all speculation and rumours flying about from customized versions and very little at that except a few months ago from the magazine photo standing on a circular base. Which I do believe was another customized version. Which all did look stunning. Never did I think Hot Toys was going to take it on board until now. As there was no hints kicking about until Iron Man 2 was making the news.

Simple. Around the ordering time of the movie, the Predator 2 BD was out, to show the damage. Many of people (again you'll have to search it if you want specifics) immediately said we'd get a BD Mark 3, a lot of people predicted it as a release before the Mark 2 and the longer it went without being announced is when we saw the customs flying about. Check the threads, in every release thread there is someone remarking that they were waiting for the Mark 3 BD. Its about time they made due, with the Iron Man 2 film coming so close, a lot of fans figured it'd never come and went the custom route.

I wouldn't know, I don't follow the line but most things seem to be following the same pattern. Look at Batman but lets not go there. Now I'm not trying to be negative towards this battle damaged figure as I'm 95% convinced I'll order it but I want more photos to nail it for me before I decide. It's just it always feels like it's the last figure, the last, the last and it just never seems to end. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but unless I have a time machine I can never know whats going to sell out fast and what wont with the demand.

This will most likely be the final version from Iron Man 1 unless they do the Mark 2 with the ice build up which would be just another painting variant. There might be a Tony with the flight stuff over his civilian clothing, which again was rumored since the beginning of the line but its doubtful. The film is to be released next May I believe which means we'll get the Mark 4 previewed probably around December if not a bit eariler. By all intents and purposes, there are rumors that a Mark 5 with a triangular chest plate to look more like the Extremis build from the comic is also in the film. If so, another chance for a BD Mark 4 (rumors again are that Whiplash's Mark 1 whips shatter various parts of the armor upon impact) so the Iron Man 2 line will be just as frustrating if not more so than this one for you.

Simple. Around the ordering time of the movie, the Predator 2 BD was out, to show the damage. Many of people (again you'll have to search it if you want specifics) immediately said we'd get a BD Mark 3, a lot of people predicted it as a release before the Mark 2 and the longer it went without being announced is when we saw the customs flying about. Check the threads, in every release thread there is someone remarking that they were waiting for the Mark 3 BD. Its about time they made due, with the Iron Man 2 film coming so close, a lot of fans figured it'd never come and went the custom route.

Aye. That was me. I was so close to buying a spare Mark III to have Greg or some other customizer butcher it for the sake of having a BD version. So glad I exercised a bit of patience and waited. For the record, if Hot Toys put out a Tony Stark w/ light up chest RT, wife beater and repulsor gauntlet I'd probably buy that too. :google

Cave.jpg

Just visit this thread. I curious about two interchangable chest armors. One is for battle damage and one is for severe battle damage, right? I only have MKI and can't make decision grab this version or not.

so it says on the the article that the damaged helmet is a special item given/available to members only. (toyhunter member?) perhaps in the us its gonna be a SSC exclusive?

BTW, release date is dec 09. that's coming up fast.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, minivader, I'll copy the images here, for those who are lazy:

img272.jpg

img273.jpg

His hip flare ejectors open up, as do the shoulder weapons. Nice.

so it says on the the article that the damaged helmet is a special item given/available to members only. (toyhunter member?) perhaps in the us its gonna be a SSC exclusive?

The inclusion of the crushed helmet is odd to begin with. HT must have assumed that those who will buy this probably have the original MKIII figure, which includes the unmasked Tony head.

There's no reason to have the crushed helmet as an accessory unless you have a Tony head sculpt to go with it.

...unless there's an Iron Monger.

Anyways, the article didn't mention weather or not this IM can be light up like the other ones. I am guessing that feature might be scrapped for the additional features.

Interesting figure. It is difficult to get an accurate feel for the figure in those shots. I will forego judgement until the specs are released.

Do you get a fliptop head and the standard? Both appear to have the weathering from the Golmera scene and if its two included one with the fliptop and one without then I'm a little annoyed. Why include the fliptop to which you would most likely put onto the Mark 3 standard if there are two heads???

Either way the Tony sculpt underneath rocks from these shots...

nice, i see hip flares! i hope theres also shoulder cannons,
i also hope that thats a clean one in the middle(too small to make out)

If you are talking about the chest pieces, the one to the left is the Golmera (Scratches and Bullet Holes) the one on the right is the Stark Industries showdown with Iron Monger where its fairly crushed.

oh that makes sense, my computer has like next to no resolution.
will it come with a clean flip up face mask? kinda like thay did with bank robber joker, ?

Im glad the shoulder missiles are there, but thats not screen accurate. If any one has a screen shot please post it, in the movie ,the armor around his shoulder raises up and the missile are under the red armor. Right? :confused:

Im also wondering with the arm shield upgrade, will his hands still light up?

oh that makes sense, my computer has like next to no resolution. will it come with a clean flip up face mask? kinda like thay did with bank robber joker, ?

It doesn't look like it. The larger pic with the flip up mask has the Golmera damage....unless there is another head with the same flip up capabilities it looks like they made this one it.....which doesn't make any sense.....

I am so all over this one...awesome!

Now...BRING ON THE MONGER!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back