Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see the bullet marks on his chest plate in that above pics and from the blurred pic he appears to have an interchangeable plate.

You can see the bullet marks on his chest plate in that above pics and from the blurred pic he appears to have an interchangeable plate.

My point is that there is no battle damage on any area that you can see in the teaser pic except the helmet. I already figured the chest will have the effects, but there aren't any on the arms, shoulders, collar. They all look pristine, which would be an odd juxtaposition with the heavily damaged helmet and chest. Again, granted it's a teaser pic of a figure mostly shrouded in shadow so I'll wait before passing further comment on the BD.

My point is that there is no battle damage on any area that you can see in the teaser pic except the helmet. I already figured the chest will have the effects, but there aren't any on the arms, shoulders, collar. They all look pristine, which would be an odd juxtaposition with the heavily damaged helmet and chest. Again, granted it's a teaser pic of a figure mostly shrouded in shadow so I'll wait before passing further comment on the BD.

there are two chest pieces, i realli think its a dx ver. YAY!
https://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1570/ap20090828024726445.jpg

I think its two battle damage versions. One when he got shot up at the village and the other is the damage from the Iron Monger.

Its not a DX, HT has already said so, the guess above is probably the most correct. 2 in 1 both BD but one from the Golmera scene where its slight damage like paint and a few bullet holes but overall okay and the other the BD from Stark Industries where you have the full damage and crushed helmet. I wouldn't put it past HT to include all of the piece save the Stark sculpt saying "If you want to display the final version you can simply add your Stark head from the Mark 3 here!"

I wonder if he'll come with multiple face plates for his flip up head. Two different ones to reflect the different damage he gets, and a "clean" one.

I'm hoping HT tweaks the body a little bit, make it bigger, so that it looks like someone can fit under all that armor, but unlikely... Will probably have to wait for the second movie for a more accurate version.

Its not a DX, HT has already said so, the guess above is probably the most correct. 2 in 1 both BD but one from the Golmera scene where its slight damage like paint and a few bullet holes but overall okay and the other the BD from Stark Industries where you have the full damage and crushed helmet. I wouldn't put it past HT to include all of the piece save the Stark sculpt saying "If you want to display the final version you can simply add your Stark head from the Mark 3 here!"

oh... missed that part :eek:
is it me or does the elbow joint in the teaser pic look different? just curious

I think you are 100% correct, on HT facebook page, they said this one is going to have big differences from the regular MK III. this would make sense anyway since its called the "battle-damaged" version and having interchangeable BD armor pieces would be the essence of that. This is going to be bad ass and im glad i held off on the first MK III and only got the MK 1

I like it!
I hope HT makes a better job on Tony's head. The earlier versions are not so good.

I'm hoping HT tweaks the body a little bit, make it bigger, so that it looks like someone can fit under all that armor, but unlikely... Will probably have to wait for the second movie for a more accurate version.

Well i think that the IM is accurate. Just depends on which version they followed. The CGI or the actual prop suit

I like the way the new elbow joint looks, maybe we'll get a better articulated figure this time around, hopefully they did something with the waist

Anyone else find it odd that there's no battle damage anywhere except on the helmet? (granted, his arm is covering the torso, but how about the actual arms!?)

IronManMarkIIIBDVerTeaser.jpg

Not really. If you look at the shots from those scenes, the arms weren't really damaged:

ironmanmovie18.jpg

Although we all know that teasers don't mean anything when considering HT since they go revisions and changes all the way up until past releases if you look at John Connor.

NO WAY NO FREAKIN WAY :google

ap20090828024726445.jpg

So we get:

one Iron man helmet with light up eyes

One helmet with flip up face plate Tony Stark face

One crushed helmet

3 pairs of hands plus one ungloved hand

2 interchangeable chest plates with battle damage

Opening shield on his arm

Also it looks like he has the 2 shoulder mounted missiles

And a special base

:horror:horror:horror

I hope he also has the hip mounted flares he use against the jets

Who did Hot Toys milk more, Joker or Iron Man ? :duh:lol

Another one that goes on my pre-order list. Now here's hoping that the rumors about them revisiting the possibility of an Iron monger are true. :joy

The more I think about it, the more I can see having the BD Iron Man in my collection in lieu of the "clean" version. Gives him a bit more character and distinctiveness. Plus, it looks pretty damn cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back