Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Batman vs. Superman: DoJ- Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

What other characters would HT bother making? :dunno

This particular master villain who puts Thanos to shame.

016c86d1_CI6kWjBWIAAANk0.jpeg

Now, for the million dollar question...rooted or sculpted hair?

I really do.:lecture

Last edited:

Wonder the figure count will be 2 batman, 1 man of steel , 1 lex in some type of costume and 1 maybe possible villian.

And on another note they never did announce the licence for suicide squad . It would be the worst move ever if they failed to make those figures a new joker and a Harley to go with that

Will reserve judgment til I see the movie, but I'd say it's no fair comparing Luthor to Thanos. If JayPesoz didn't make his disclaimer, I'd automatically raise Marvel Fanboy alert.

Maybe we'll see Darkseid in a future DCU movie. Then we can compare the archetype vs the copy.

Pretty big spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think HT will even glance at Luthor. Unless he ends up in an exosuit or something. He can't just be a guy in a sweater who talks. You gotta hit someone in these movies if you want a figure.

And his accessories would just be a collection of wigs :monkey3

Pretty big spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:
Nows what I am thinking but if that is true it would be a waste of the character since I have no idea what story line they could do for the second man of steel movie

Batman will be a pass since I dislike the suit and will use the Arkham City figure to display with the MoS Sups. Superman will be a pass since I have the Man of Steel version. Wonder Woman will be a buy if Hot Toys makes Gal look better than in some of the promo shots of her. Lex will be a pass. That is not Lex Luthor to me, I still imagine Lex as he was from the Superman Animated Series.

Will still see the movie, but so far I am being let down more and more by DC unfortunately. I like DC more than Marvel to.

I read Mattel will make barbie sup ed s and batman as well as the pictured wonder woman. This may be good for bashing, especially for those of us who don't like the HT scaled MOS line.

Batman will be a pass since I dislike the suit and will use the Arkham City figure to display with the MoS Sups. Superman will be a pass since I have the Man of Steel version. Wonder Woman will be a buy if Hot Toys makes Gal look better than in some of the promo shots of her. Lex will be a pass. That is not Lex Luthor to me, I still imagine Lex as he was from the Superman Animated Series.

Will still see the movie, but so far I am being let down more and more by DC unfortunately. I like DC more than Marvel to.

You dislike the suit? It's classic. It's probably the most comic book suit ever. It's Jim Lee batman meets frank miller dark knight. I love the suit. I'm biased but still...

I like the Fleck-suit but I think the Miller aesthetics doesn't really translate well to live action. The Arkham suit however, is quintessential Batman.

My problem with the suit is that on Affleck it makes him look like he's constantly hunched over and his neck is disappearing into his shoulders. He just looks too musclebound to even be able to move. Plus Affleck has a big head and a big chin and the overall effect is just...meh. Maybe the eventual Hot Toys figure will look better-proportioned.

Nows what I am thinking but if that is true it would be a waste of the character since I have no idea what story line they could do for the second man of steel movie

I've thought the same.

Do you guys think Hot Toys will do a Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) figure for their BvS line? :pray:

Will reserve judgment til I see the movie, but I'd say it's no fair comparing Luthor to Thanos. If JayPesoz didn't make his disclaimer, I'd automatically raise Marvel Fanboy alert.

Maybe we'll see Darkseid in a future DCU movie. Then we can compare the archetype vs the copy.
Exactly.

Also
according to the synopsis,there's still a large threat in BvS that hasn't been revealed yet.

"Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before."

That's definitely not just Lex.

My comparison was completely based on how each character looks. Of course we don't know how it'll play out until the movie comes out but honestly, if anybody not in the know saw that pic of Eisenberg, I guarantee you no one will ever think Lex Luthor pre-movie release. That's all I'm saying and I meant no offense if anybody got offended by it.

I'm surprised the mods have kept this open :lol

Not that we don't know she's coming... but just because people tend to wait until they tease the particular figure or announce it before threads pop up.

My comparison was completely based on how each character looks. Of course we don't know how it'll play out until the movie comes out but honestly, if anybody not in the know saw that pic of Eisenberg, I guarantee you no one will ever think Lex Luthor pre-movie release. That's all I'm saying and I meant no offense if anybody got offended by it.
Same thing could have been said about this.:dunno
lexluthor.jpg

Luckily we know for a fact that that's not his final look..
lex-luthor.jpg

Back