Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Batman vs. Superman: DoJ- Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Wonder Woman is a guaranteed buy for me. Unlike seemingly everyone else online, I think Gal Gadot is going to be awesome. (She's too skinny? Anyone ever heard of a gym?)

Clearly, she hasn't heard of one:lol

wonder-woman-2.png

I'm not complaining though, I'm sure she'll look really good on film and we'll all own here figure.

I'm definitely in for this. The second I saw the new WW costume I just knew it was going to make for an awesome looking HT figure.

I'm also crossing my fingers that they eventually make the new Supergirl as well, but I know that's a long shot since they don't do much TV stuff.

I really want Supergirl to eventually show up in the movies. Hopefully we'll get a figure of her

Clearly, she hasn't heard of one:lol

wonder-woman-2.png

I'm not complaining though, I'm sure she'll look really good on film and we'll all own here figure.

I don't think you understand how the gym works.

Go challenge a supermodel to a strength test and see who wins. Almost all models train extensively on weights, and they don't look like it, but they're almost freakishly strong.

Go challenge a supermodel to a strength test and see who wins. Almost all models train extensively on weights, and they don't look like it, but they're almost freakishly strong.

It's funny – Scarlett Johannsen plays an assassin with NO superpowers and kicks major butt, without looking like the she-hulk... nobody says a word!
Gal Gadot plays a super-strong heroine - strength given to her by Greek Gods no less, and people whine... she doesn't need to look strong... she just is!

Back on topic - I'm going to be able (fingers crossed) to put together a Hot Toys Justice League... I don't care if the film bombs as long as I get the figures!

Clearly you do, so explain to me how you're supposed to go to a gym and the end result is you still looking anorexic? :lol

She's supposed to be a tough Amazonian fighter, not a 100 pound supermodel who does well in a strength test. With your theory, people should be able to see Adrianna Lima beating Ronda Rousey or Gina Carano in a fight, right?

It's funny – Scarlett Johannsen plays an assassin with NO superpowers and kicks major butt, without looking like the she-hulk... nobody says a word!
Gal Gadot plays a super-strong heroine - strength given to her by Greek Gods no less, and people whine... she doesn't need to look strong... she just is!

Back on topic - I'm going to be able (fingers crossed) to put together a Hot Toys Justice League... I don't care if the film bombs as long as I get the figures!

Maybe because WW has never been represented in comics as a skinny waif. She's either shapely (which Gadot isn't) or muscular (which Gadot isn't), oh, and she's beautiful! (Which Gadot isn't)!

... Sooo, awful casting choice!:)

Gal Gadot not beautiful? Give me a ****ing break :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Wait, so now she's not beautiful either? What kind of crazy mirror universe did I just slip into?!? :D

And are we forgetting that this is Hollywood we're talking about, that has managed to make Tom Cruise look a lot taller than he is in every film? And that made tiny Sarah Michelle Gellar look like she could actually kick all kinds of demon ass for 8 seasons?

And while I'm no fan of Snyder's Sucker Punch, he clearly had no problem making all those skinny girls look pretty damn tough and badass on screen.

Gal Gadot not beautiful? Give me a ****ing break :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

She isn't ugly, she looks very plain to me. I mean, WW is some sort of goddess, not plain Jane. You gotta be absolutely gorgeous to play her. I've seen cosplayers that looked miles better than her! But, she's been chosen, so I guess she must have talent and fit their idea of what WW should be like, so as long as she can act, I'll go along with it. No like we have a choice anyway, but casting people make weird choices sometimes and I think this is one....

Oh, and I'll take Linda Carter anytime over her!:love

I've already started saving up. Superman and Batman are both instant buys, I just hope they fix the cape attachment this time. Superman's cape felt too bunched up instead of resting on his shoulders. I wonder if they're planning on doing Aquaman?

I personally think Gal Gadot is perfect for Wonder Woman. She was a beauty queen and an Israeli soldier, she kind of is Wonder Woman.

Me too. I think she's pretty hot

Wait, so now she's not beautiful either? What kind of crazy mirror universe did I just slip into?!? :D

And are we forgetting that this is Hollywood we're talking about, that has managed to make Tom Cruise look a lot taller than he is in every film? And that made tiny Sarah Michelle Gellar look like she could actually kick all kinds of demon ass for 8 seasons?

Actually I was never really convinced by SMG as a fighter on Buffy. Her stuntdoubles were obvious and her own stuff was limited to shots of her putting up her fists or throwing shockingly telegraphed punches or failing to block shockingly telegraphed punches. The fight scenes weren't a strength of that show.

Anyway, carry on.

For those that think Gal is ugly and/or just want to get a start on collecting, here's the perfect doll for you.

3-d41f3c005b-142208.jpg

People bashing way too hard by saying Gal gadot is ugly. The woman still beautiful , not average joe

So there's been a few reveals of figures from other companies already.
What do you guys think the chances are of us seeing a BvS figure or two from hot toys at SDCC?

635713438690600444-Bvs-figures.jpg

exclusive 2 pack $30

Back