Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Batman vs. Superman: DoJ- Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

out of the box lol
1-495b64d4e9.jpg

I was always worried about Affleck being cast as Batman, but lately I figured, well, it's been probably a decade since he did a really lousy movie and maybe now that he's 40 or so he's matured and he would make a good Batman. So I watched "Gone Girl" to see how Ben Affleck currently strikes me as an actor / leading man.

I'm still worried. There's just something whiny about him. Partly it's his voice; it's rather high-pitched. Partly it's his looks; his face still looks boyish in a strange way. Conventionally handsome I guess, but not rugged, not heroic. Not Bruce Wayne, at least not to me.

So I guess I'll remain worried about Affleck as Batman. If Hot Toys makes a figure (of course they will), it might actually be better for me if they don't nail his likeness so I can have a generic yet realistically human looking Batman for my shelf.

But I'm loving the idea of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and can't wait to have a figure of her.

So there's been a few reveals of figures from other companies already.
What do you guys think the chances are of us seeing a BvS figure or two from hot toys at SDCC?

I was wondering the same thing. With all of the early merchandise we're seeing, I'm hopeful that we'll see a prototype or two at Sideshow's booth, but, as a realist, for a license this big, I have no doubt we'll have to ride the hype train up to a week before release, when they give us a close-up of Batfleck's butt-chin and the giant Miller Bat and tell us to "stay tuned! The Dark Knight will be delivering justice very soon." :lol

I was always worried about Affleck being cast as Batman, but lately I figured, well, it's been probably a decade since he did a really lousy movie and maybe now that he's 40 or so he's matured and he would make a good Batman. So I watched "Gone Girl" to see how Ben Affleck currently strikes me as an actor / leading man.

I'm still worried. There's just something whiny about him. Partly it's his voice; it's rather high-pitched. Partly it's his looks; his face still looks boyish in a strange way. Conventionally handsome I guess, but not rugged, not heroic. Not Bruce Wayne, at least not to me.

So I guess I'll remain worried about Affleck as Batman. If Hot Toys makes a figure (of course they will), it might actually be better for me if they don't nail his likeness so I can have a generic yet realistically human looking Batman for my shelf.

But I'm loving the idea of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and can't wait to have a figure of her.

So he's to good looking for Bruce Wayne? You see Keaton as rugged? Lol or Adam west? Or clooney? Or Kilmer? Or bale?

So he's to good looking for Bruce Wayne? You see Keaton as rugged? Lol or Adam west? Or clooney? Or Kilmer? Or bale?

How does not liking Affleck as Batman mean I'm necessarily endorsing any of the others?

I didn't say you where. I was laughing about your "he's to good looking" and not rugged enough. Sorry but Bruce Wayne was never rugged. Not in comics. On TV. Or movies. He was always portrayed as conventionally handsome. And that was one of your complaints about him. I was using past castings to demonstrate that you seem to have missed what the character is. No matter the body type or actor cast he's always been (Wayne) exactly what u said Was your complaint about the new casting.

I think Affleck as Batman will be fine. In fact his Batman/Bruce Wayne and Jeremy Irons as Alfred are the only two things I'm looking forward to about BvS.

If Batman and his world are depicted well, I'll be sold. That will be good enough for me.

I think Affleck as Batman will be fine. In fact his Batman/Bruce Wayne and Jeremy Irons as Alfred are the only two things I'm looking forward to about BvS.

If Batman and his world are depicted well, I'll be sold. That will be good enough for me.

:goodpost: :exactly: Also...I hope Hot Toys will reveal their BvS toys at SDCC next week. :pray:

this :lecture

2016 SDCC Ballroom gown EX?

51fc835e_ben-affleck-bruce-wayne-142342.jpeg

it took me a few seconds to recognize her...

I was sold on Affleck as Bats immediately. Why? Two words... Dat Chin.

batchin.jpg affleck chin.jpg

I'm no Marvel faboy, but no one here really looks "tough" But whatever, these will be the only three figures I buy.

1510393_10153045699657123_6246107965224760584_n.jpg

I'm absolutely salivating for a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman figure. Don't let me down, Hot Toys.

Still not loving Batfleck. But there's always a chance I'll love him in the movie and he'll change my mind. (When Chris Evans was cast as Cap I initially had doubts because I didn't like his Human Torch. Now Evans is my favorite part of the MCU.) As for Cavill, I already have my Christopher Reeve Superman head on the Cavill Man of Steel body and I'm fine with that.

I'm absolutely salivating for a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman figure. Don't let me down, Hot Toys.

Still not loving Batfleck. But there's always a chance I'll love him in the movie and he'll change my mind. (When Chris Evans was cast as Cap I initially had doubts because I didn't like his Human Torch. Now Evans is my favorite part of the MCU.) As for Cavill, I already have my Christopher Reeve Superman head on the Cavill Man of Steel body and I'm fine with that.

Evans was actually my favorite part of the Fantastic Four movies; the rest of the cast (save for maybe Chiklis) was horribly miscast, IMO.

I really want to like Cavill as Superman, but I think the writing is letting him down. He can certainly act the part. And I'm also all kinds of excited for Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

Last edited:

I'm no Marvel faboy, but no one here really looks "tough" But whatever, these will be the only three figures I buy.
This comment nearly made my eyes roll right the **** out of my head.

Last edited:
Back