Hot Toys Batman Collartible Expo - Sept 10-25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's confirmed as a real figure made by hot toys (JC has posted about it directly) but that's not a confirmation that it will be made. Chances are that it will. (Only 1% of all prototypes hot toys makes do not get sold) but it's not a for sure thing until hot toys actually puts it up for sale. That said, it's a very good indication.
*sheds tear for Arkham City Joker*

I would be extremely happy to see an Arkham City Joker, too. It's been so long that I nearly forgot about that one.

*sheds tear for Arkham City Joker*

Yeah it's in that 1% group. But it's also a bit different, as we only ever saw unfinished teasers of it and it was never at a con and handled the way the Romero is being. Be closer to compare it to Yellow Jacket or the ultron sentry. But, again, it's a very small amount of the total number of prototypes that don't make production. In over 15 years and out of a group of over 500 only a handful have never made it to production. Most compainies have more scrapped prototypes each year then hot toys does each decade.

I wonder if that BvS bat signal is gonna happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surprised we haven't gotten more pics of this event. Really would love to see multiple pics of each and every display.

I wonder if that BvS bat signal is gonna happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given the popularity of this line I bet it will. They could release it with battle damaged version of armored Batman that comes with the K Spear. THey will milk Batman as much as they can.

Surprised we haven't gotten more pics of this event. Really would love to see multiple pics of each and every display.

I don't think it official opens til the 10th? Correct? Would love to see an new 1/4 Batman wather it be affleck,Keaton IDC at this point just some 1/4 Batman. We haven't had an 1/4 Batman since 2012, it's time for an new one.

I don't think it official opens til the 10th? Correct? Would love to see an new 1/4 Batman wather it be affleck,Keaton IDC at this point just some 1/4 Batman. We haven't had an 1/4 Batman since 2012, it's time for an new one.

boo 1/4 scale boo

I think the 1966 Joker will be it for now. They have been delaying all their upcoming releases and the ones that were announced are only coming out in Q3 2017... I wonder if they just can't keep up with all the releases.

I think the 1966 Joker will be it for now. They have been delaying all their upcoming releases and the ones that were announced are only coming out in Q3 2017... I wonder if they just can't keep up with all the releases.

Hot toys hasn't delayed them. Cap, deadpool, batman, war machine, Wonder Woman, ect that everyone is calling delayed and wondering if it's production or recall stuff are only had their sideshow anticipated release adjusted. The figures (Exocet deadpool which has already released so clearly not delayed) all still have their original release window by hot toys. Meaning none of them have actually been delayed at all. When hot toys actually delays a figure they have no issue saying so and why. Hulkbuster was delayed and they said so. They have said why the 66 batmobile has yet to be announced.

The emails that sideshow sends out every month are just adjusted schedules and have nothing to do with any actual delay. Like war machine mk1dc which got one of those email notifications sent out adjusted its release window at sideshow. But the figure wasn't delayed by hot toys. Hot toys has said from the day it announced the figure for release that it's expected release could be through Dec 31, 2016 and the new adjusted dates by sideshow are oct-nov 2016. So not actually delayed. The same thing is true for all the others as well. They have not delayed any figure recently. Hulkbuster was delayed and ultron prime arrived three weeks after its original anticipated release. Every other figure this year has been on time or early. Not delayed.

Left image is from the hot toys announcement showing a release of q3-q4(through December 31,2016) and the right is the recently sent out sideshow email that is cited to show a delay. Sideshow and hot toys dates are not linked and the only one that counts in regard to any production discussion is the hot toys (The production company) announced dates.

Simple way to look at it...you tell your friend you will be at his house between say 1-6pm. He then tells his other friend to expect you at 1-3. If you arrive at 5pm you are not actually late, you arrived when you said you would. But the friend wanted others to be there and ready before you so he told them earlier to get them their. Two different agendas and reasons for stating the expected arrival. It's between the second and third person if one is upset about the time not between you and the third person. It's the same thing with the sideshow updates.

Anyway, when it comes to production or keeping up or any actual delay the monthly updates from sideshow have nothing to do with those. Can't say hot toys isn't keeping up because sideshow told you a date 3 months before hot toys said it could be out. Which is what happen in this case. The original window by sideshow that is referenced in this message was nearly 3 months before hot toys said it could release. That's not a delay.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back