Hot Toys Batman Collartible Expo - Sept 10-25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman Event Coming Soon - But what does it mean?

Please Hot Toys let it happen.

tumblr_mwlnq1mJNJ1rrkahjo6_250.gif

tumblr_mwlnq1mJNJ1rrkahjo7_250.gif

A new Batman Begins suit, Ra's al Ghul, Harvey Dent 2.0, and a new Ledger Joker.

Slim chances but those are the figures I've been hoping for.

I could see Suicide Squad being likely since the film will be out before the event. I could also see them releasing Catwoman and Penguin to go with the older figures and a new Ledger Joker too.

I'm going to go on a hunch and guess these figures will be shown:
Suicide Squad - Joker (AA), Joker (suit), Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Batman (and possibly another Harley)
Burton Batman - Batman, Joker (possibly Catwoman and Penguin)
Arkham City - Batman (possibly Joker and Harley)
TDK - Ledger Joker

I hope they show the BVS Batwing...

Prolly nothing good.

Probably artist repaints of the Armored Batman (aka those artist Iron Man customs) and some Suicide Squad junk.

This is their Batman 100 event. It's like the event last year and the year before that was called Avengers 1000% one year and 200% one year.

I would flip out if we got Schumacher figures. I was heavily into Marvel as a kid, but I cant think of any other property that ran along the different points of my childhood and adolescence like the old Batman movies did.

I would like HT to make the Batman Forever suit from the battle with riddle at the end, that would be a PO for sure.

If it ain't at SDCC next week, I'd kiss that **** goodbye.

Sdcc is not a big deal for hot toys. So it really doesn't matter if it's there or not. Hot toys has five shows they sponsor themselves each year, plus AGCHK the weekend after SDCC...an event hot toys it self doesn't attend(ssc does all the hot toys stuff). Plus the pop up stores, events at Toy Sapien/Secret Base/Shanghai Disney....

And even if it's at Sdcc it still doesn't mean anything.

I am countng the days yet also bracing myself for disappointment for SDCC and Ht's offerings. If they don't have a great showing, Chronicle and DCC will ease the pain.

Update: I'm going by an infographic here, so this may not be totally accurate, but here goes.

Bale's symbol is a totally different shape. Keaton's 1989 symbol has two extra points along the bottom, and the Forever symbol is close but more vertically stretched. The Clooney symbols are also close in terms of shape, but have a different look (also, nobody would buy that figure). The symbol from Mask of the Phantom (and a lot of comics) is an exact match. So our options are:
  • HT is doing an animated/comic-style Batman (super unlikely)
  • HT is doing a Clooney Batman (more likely than Animated, and also the worst idea ever)
  • HT is doing a Returns figure and screwed up the symbol
  • HT does not want to give any indication of what this is, so they used the recognisable comic logo and will show something else

I am hoping it isn't a Leto Joker, since we haven't even seen him play the character yet, and I don't think it would excite enough Batman fans to warrant a special event.

You are a bit wrong here is the opening of Batman forever logo is idenical....

Batman-Forever-batman-8578303-700-380.jpg

Batman & Robin logo

batmanrobin1.png

It's an art show of repainted Batman figures. The end.

Back