Hot Toys Batman Collartible Expo - Sept 10-25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

Believe me...nothing is trivial
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Speculate away!
FB_IMG_1468506006245.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Batman Event Coming Soon - But what does it mean?

Purple and yellow? The older batman symbol? Could be the older batman movies. Or similar to what they did with Ironman and let artists let their expressive customs be on display.

It probably is an art show. I'd love more classic figures though.

Purple and yellow? The older batman symbol? Could be the older batman movies. Or similar to what they did with Ironman and let artists let their expressive customs be on display.

This. The long run makes it pretty obvious.

However I hope that they will use it to announce at least Penguin and Catwoman from Batman Returns.

Eeeeerrr.....

Let me think.... Knowing Hot Toys, I'd say more Iron Man... But it doesn't fit the profile. Sooo, since HT always releases the same figure making you believe it's radically new, I'd say a new Ledger Joker? That gotta be their next, done to death property!

... Unless they get creative and make a limited, only for selected market that you gotta pay scalpers to get Iron Man in Ledger's Joker color theme! Just awesome!

Good place to start: what movie if any is that symbol from?

Young batfleck and robin from joker flashbacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: I'm going by an infographic here, so this may not be totally accurate, but here goes.

Bale's symbol is a totally different shape. Keaton's 1989 symbol has two extra points along the bottom, and the Forever symbol is close but more vertically stretched. The Clooney symbols are also close in terms of shape, but have a different look (also, nobody would buy that figure). The symbol from Mask of the Phantom (and a lot of comics) is an exact match. So our options are:
  • HT is doing an animated/comic-style Batman (super unlikely)
  • HT is doing a Clooney Batman (more likely than Animated, and also the worst idea ever)
  • HT is doing a Returns figure and screwed up the symbol
  • HT does not want to give any indication of what this is, so they used the recognisable comic logo and will show something else

I am hoping it isn't a Leto Joker, since we haven't even seen him play the character yet, and I don't think it would excite enough Batman fans to warrant a special event.

It means no Arkham City Joker.

HT must've made a mistake. They meant to put an Iron Man logo.

What's the exact date this is being held?[As it says 2016 9.10-25].

I would guess that it's Suicide Squad based on the colors. It's a pretty long event so I wonder how many figures will be announced.

Back