1/6 Hot Toys Batman: Arkham Knight - Batman (Prestige Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy along with the BB Skin are on my radar. Gonna order when in hand pics start to arrive. I don?t PO much anymore unless a die hard piece I must have. Prestige will pair well with the batgirl figure whenever they release her I had both P1 statues of the two.

The fact DC Direct never did any of the non-game story skins is telling. There must be some kind of restriction there. TDKR skin is much more obvious than ?detective mode.? Yet we got detective mode figures and no skins. Prime 1 clearly figured it out and HT has Batman Beyond coming so there is progress there.

They?re making the Iron Spider and Scarlet Spider. Aren?t those specific?

I?m sure when it comes to things like the movie tie-in suits it gets hairy, but I wouldn?t think a basic comic Spider-Man would be a problem - no more than the ?advanced? PS4 suit with the white spider is, since it?s the suit you start the game with - not a separate license.

Hot Toys just makes whatever appeals to them. I?m 100% sure they?re able to make the basic suit, but probably think it?s boring.

I, personally, don't think the appeal factor is 100% true, but that is solely my opinion based on what I've seen Hot Toys do (and not do) throughout the years. I actually think there are some restrictions on them or they can't get licensor approval because it's possible that certain "character interpretations" (ex.: in the "action figure" format in "1/12, 1/6, 1/8" scale, etc.) are either contractually obligated to other companies or if Hot Toys is "sub-letting" the license (like Hasbro reputedly has the "Master" Marvel and Star Wars toy licenses), then that company has some "say" in what Hot Toys can or cannot do.

I know it sounds a little silly to license character designs, but I just find it hard to believe that a business like Hot Toys, who we know is run by a fan himself in Howard Chan, still would neglect to "think" like a business and not produce a figure that would make them massive profits...like a basic suit Spider-man. That's why I theorize that there is something preventing them from doing so. They still have time though...it looks like the license isn't done.

I suppose I wasn't clear, I meant that in the context that they don't make certain "specific" skins that to most collectors would be viewed as hot sellers/money makers (i.e. Basic suit Spider-man, Dark Knight Returns Batman, Animated Batman, etc.)

Last edited:
No offense, but this shows a remarkable lack of understanding of how companies like this operate. It is incredibly financially bad for companies to have figures, at this price point, sitting in warehouses, unsold for years.

I can almost guarantee you that Hot Toys could care less about aftermarket ebay sales of their figures. If they reissue a figure it is most likely for a number of practical reasons:

1. The initial figure required a number of unique molds and Hot Toys didn't fully recoup the cost of the initial die production and wants to get more out of it. (Hulkbuster or almost any Iron Man figure for example.)

2. Maintaining a specific license requires them to (either from a cost or legal necessity) to produce a minimum amount of products within a period of time. For example, if they don't release a product by the end of a financial quarter, they lose the license or have to pay to re-up it. So maybe their original Arkham license was for five years, and it would automatically continue, at it's current rate, every year after that, so long as Hot Toys released a figure from that license. If not, the license would expire and Hot Toys would have to renegotiate it. This scenario could (hypothetically) see the Arkham license expiring in at the end of the first financial quarter of 2020. But there have been production issues that needed to be worked out with their Batgirl, and she won't be up for pre-order until after that date, or maybe the final ship date is the legal "sales" date, in which case that puts her into 2021. So, now, in order to maintain the current license, Hot Toys dusts off the Arkham Knight Batman, gives him a slight modification and releases him before the end of the financial quarter, thus automatically extending the license for another year in order to cover the release of Batgirl.

3. They feel they need a companion piece to build up or capitalize on sales of a figure that they are worried might not sell well, or have a such a high production cost that they are concerned about breaking even on. They release this new Bats to help promote the new Batgirl, because they worry that some people might only want a Batgirl from a series that doesn't have a lot of figures, if they have a companion Batman for her. Similar to when they reissued the Mark 43 when the HulkBuster came out.

4. There is a sudden and unexpected hole in their release schedule. Hot Toys most certainly has the next few years of figure release mapped out. But what happens when there is an unexpected delay with a figure? Their production schedule may not allow them to simply move another figure up to take its place. But they have been counting on that revenue for the quarter to maintain their current production and development rate. What do they do? They take a previous figure and reissue it, because they can quickly slot it into their production schedule and get it out and not take the financial hit.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Hot Toys had the Terminator and matrix license for years without putting out anything and seem in no danger of losing those. They have plenty of other license that they showed a preview figure out and nothing for several years. This blows your argument of losing the license out of the water. The Arkham Knight has gone up substantially in the after market. The Arkham city one has not. That explains why hot toys is chasing the money on this one instead of three Arkham city with this repaint. Every one of the reissue figures have been the ones going for crazy after market prices. It's niave to think that is coincidence. Hot Toys have not and will never reissue a figure that is languishing at retailers prices or lower in the after market. As far a recouping investment on molds the evidence shows that Ultron Prime and Arkham City which are unique but will not the reissued because they didn't shoot up in price. Dark side Anakin was basically a repaint with a few accessories added. The fact that hot toys had planned to keep making more two years after initial release without telling anyone blows you recouping cost argument out the water. It was already the second figure of that mold.

The fact is hot toys used to make a figure and release it then move on to the next for years. First they started reissuing figures that went up on the after market. Now they just keep a figure on sale for years but constantly making more.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Hot Toys had the Terminator and matrix license for years without putting out anything and seem in no danger of losing those. They have plenty of other license that they showed a preview figure out and nothing for several years. This blows your argument of losing the license out of the water. The Arkham Knight has gone up substantially in the after market. The Arkham city one has not. That explains why hot toys is chasing the money on this one instead of three Arkham city with this repaint. Every one of the reissue figures have been the ones going for crazy after market prices. It's niave to think that is coincidence. Hot Toys have not and will never reissue a figure that is languishing at retailers prices or lower in the after market. As far a recouping investment on molds the evidence shows that Ultron Prime and Arkham City which are unique but will not the reissued because they didn't shoot up in price. Dark side Anakin was basically a repaint with a few accessories added. The fact that hot toys had planned to keep making more two years after initial release without telling anyone blows you recouping cost argument out the water. It was already the second figure of that mold.

The fact is hot toys used to make a figure and release it then move on to the next for years. First they started reissuing figures that went up on the after market. Now they just keep a figure on sale for years but constantly making more.

In my opinion, your causality is backwards, but you seem to just want to be irrationally angry at a toy company.

So, have fun with that.

That sounds about right to me. If it quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.

In my opinion, your causality is backwards, but you seem to just want to be irrationally angry at a toy company.

So, have fun with that.

He's not wrong, you know?

On the same token, you could just have fun with how this is and stop with the mental gymnastics.

Does anywhere have this for pre-order apart from Sideshow yet?

Not yet, but considering it’s an “Exclusive” it might only be offered through SS.

I got caught with that when the first order squad leader was supposed to be a sideshow exclusive. Then it went on sale everywhere.

Does anywhere have this for pre-order apart from Sideshow yet?

I've been looking as well.

Sent Emails to a few UK suppliers but nothing concrete yet
I don't want to miss him but considering the poor exchange rate, shipping charges & customs fees it's looking at being well over ?300 from Sideshow now :(

Hoping we can get him here & at a slightly better cost

Neil

I've been looking as well.

Sent Emails to a few UK suppliers but nothing concrete yet
I don't want to miss him but considering the poor exchange rate, shipping charges & customs fees it's looking at being well over ?300 from Sideshow now :(

Hoping we can get him here & at a slightly better cost

Neil

Same, I really want this figure! I asked KG Hobby, where I usually buy my figures, and they just said "sorry we don't have it yet". Maybe something got lost in translation and they thought I was asking if they had it in stock. :dunno

I didn't play the Arkham games until last year. When I decided I wanted to get the Arkham Batman (Arkham City I believe) it had just sold out, so I ordered this one. It will be my one and only Batman. I've finished Marvel collecting with the exceptions of Iron Man HPP suits and Spider-Man. This will satisfy my Batman needs.

Same, I really want this figure! I asked KG Hobby, where I usually buy my figures, and they just said "sorry we don't have it yet". Maybe something got lost in translation and they thought I was asking if they had it in stock. :dunno

Hopefully someone gets him up for order here soon.

Changing the subject slightly, but how do you find KG Hobby?
I wanted to use them for a couple of orders but never found anyone who had used them before & now the figures are long sold out but would be interested to hear your feedback

Do you get hit with Customs on orders from them?

Hopefully they'll put Batman up soon

Neil

Hopefully someone gets him up for order here soon.

Changing the subject slightly, but how do you find KG Hobby?
I wanted to use them for a couple of orders but never found anyone who had used them before & now the figures are long sold out but would be interested to hear your feedback

Do you get hit with Customs on orders from them?

Hopefully they'll put Batman up soon

Neil

My experience has always been very positive. I save at least ?30-50 on any figure if I bought it within the UK or from Sideshow. Only negative thing I will say is they tend to take a few weeks longer to get Hot Toys stock than they did a year ago.

I've had about 20 figures from them and yet to be hit with a customs charge. In the notes on each order I ask them to mark it as a gift and reduce the value to help with customs. On the label it usually says "toy $20" or something like that.

Even the two 1/4 scale figures I got evaded any customs charge. Of course there is no guarantee but they do their best if you ask. I'd say the odds of customs charges are very slim.

I recommend everyone check out dean knights thoughts on his recent video.
In short he says it?s stupid to reissue the same suit 3 times and why are they not doing other characters instead of the same thing over and over again.
I completely agree with what he says. F?ing stupid from hot toys and anyone who says ?but I missed the other versions? go on Facebook groups or eBay. These are limited collectors items so stop complaining if you missed out on the other versions. It?s just an expensive repaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In short he says it?s stupid to reissue the same suit 3 times and why are they not doing other characters instead of the same thing over and over again.
I completely agree with what he says. F?ing stupid from hot toys and anyone who says ?but I missed the other versions? go on Facebook groups or eBay. These are limited collectors items so stop complaining if you missed out on the other versions. It?s just an expensive repaint.

Why can't they do both repaints and new characters though?

Also this is a legitimate skin in the game and personally I much prefer it to the regular version. Prime 1 did this version to.

I enjoy Dean's reviews as much as anyone but he has repaints in his collection, concept Wonder Woman and that Jokerized Batman, so slightly hypocritical.

So much whining over this suit on FB and this is coming from someone who dislikes variants.

Unlike most HT variants, this is an actual skin for gamers who went the extra mile, I do believe this figure should be made for people who want to commemorate 70 hours of effort to get the costume. For once a variant/repaint does make sense because if you spend 70 hours to get the costume in the game like myself, there's a slim chance you might fancy the figure.

People complaining probably didn't realized that this is an actual suit in the game and it there is a market for it, unlike the Futura Knight which indeed was a lazy repaint by Hot Toys.

They should mail one of these to all the people who got 240% completion for free.

Back