Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Here's an interesting story about Billiken. The owner (a Japan citizen) moved to Hawaii and I actually visited his home to pick up a couple of the Nicholson Joker kits. He was an interesting guy with a real love for the Hammer movies and science fiction films from the 50's through the 70's. His collection contained some high end collectibles including some original movie props and an Elvira bust that Cassandra Petersen actually had molded from her face and top portion of her body. I asked him about the rather plain brown boxes his kits came in, and why did he not have color printing and art. He said that he preferred to put the money into acquiring new licenses and paying the sculptors top dollar (thus attracting the best in the business). He was also an avid gun collector and showed me his latest purchase which was a .45 Beretta at the time. I would have stayed longer, but he was an avid chain smoker and it was killing me. One lasting image was his garage full of Billiken kits....tons of Batman...and a lot of the earlier Harryhausen kits. All brand new and unopened.

So you have his address? A garage you say? Did you notice any security?
:rotfl
Great story.

LOL...it was actually a huge cabinet in his garage. Not sure I could even find his house anymore as it was over 20 years ago. I haven't kept up with the model kit industry, but does Billiken even exist anymore? The company was definitely the "Hot Toys" of his day.

One last thing about the Billiken owner, he was a huge horror fan and had several original cover paintings from Warren's Famous Monsters of Filmland. It was pretty incredible, seeing the colors and brush work in person. And to see the art without any logo or lettering was a treat. Maybe I better go find his house....

One last thing about the Billiken owner, he was a huge horror fan and had several original cover paintings from Warren's Famous Monsters of Filmland. It was pretty incredible, seeing the colors and brush work in person. And to see the art without any logo or lettering was a treat. Maybe I better go find his house....

Not if he continued to smoke in the same room as the paintings.

I'd shudder to think of the residue that could be on them now.

Not if he continued to smoke in the same room as the paintings.

I'd shudder to think of the residue that could be on them now.

Ever seen industrial printers after a few months with heavy smokers? Minging!

:pray:I wonder if they'll extend the license to both Burton movies!:pray:

Penguinandcatwoman.jpg

At this point I almost hope they don't with all the money being invested in the Returns custom stuff.

At this point I almost hope they don't with all the money being invested in the Returns custom stuff.

Oh, I disagree. I spent plenty of money on my custom '89 Joker, but I'm still really excited for Hot Toys' version!

If anything, I suspect Hot Toys would only do one version of Penguin, and we'd be going the custom route to make the other versions anyway.

I mean, there are no less than three amazing Ledger Joker figures out there, but that only led to MORE incredible custom work!

I love Returns enough to spend too much money on customs, then spend too much money on HT releases! Want, want, want.

I'd also like to see HT do a Returns Penguin and Catwoman to complete the Burton films. I don't think we'll see multiple versions of each, and they'll always be a market for customs that raise the bar even higher.

What are the odds we'll see something by SDCC?

Would they be able to sell a Batman from Returns as well as '89? I think they would both sell well despite being similar.

I admit I would buy both. But I'd also be happy with just '89.

Since the search feature is totally busted... when was the last time anyone had a newsletter from Hot Toys? November 2010 was the last one I had. Platoon Berenger and Berserker Predator & Royce.

Since the search feature is totally busted... when was the last time anyone had a newsletter from Hot Toys? November 2010 was the last one I had. Platoon Berenger and Berserker Predator & Royce.

now that you mention it, yeah... havent received one for a while now!

This had happened before but I've no idea why it stopped working even though I was still subscribed. Yet we mysteriously started to receive them again as did other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back