Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Hopefully something gets released before the end of the year. But honestly as long as it's awesome I don't care. We've waited this long, why not a little longer and make sure it's as best as possible. This license is too important for them to rush I think. I say this but if it takes then as long as avatar then I'll go freaking :cuckoo:.

your are absolutely right my friend let them take their time :hi5: i would freak if they messed this up as well but than again hot toys never has let me down

I absolutely agree that I hope they at least give us some preview pics soon. I'll probably get 2 of these, but I want to see how they're doing right now. 2011 is going to be an expensive year for me with Hot Toys figures. (Batman,Thor,Captain America,Metal Gear,Green Lantern?)

Well, Spiderman was annouced this time last year and we didn't see anything till about a month ago . . .

wow so you think we gonna have to wait a year till we see anything else for B89?

OK by me.

These figures are at the top of my list, but I'm in no rush. To many other great things comin' down the pike. :)

wow so you think we gonna have to wait a year till we see anything else for B89?

Highly unlikely, TDKR comes out in 2012, HT will not conflict sales of figures from that movie with Batman '89. We'll either see all the '89 stuff in 2011, with some possibly shipping into early 2012, or it'll be 2013 before we get '89 stuff after TDKR is finished, like the Terminator Salvation line was followed up with T2 and T1.

Highly unlikely, TDKR comes out in 2012, HT will not conflict sales of figures from that movie with Batman '89. We'll either see all the '89 stuff in 2011, with some possibly shipping into early 2012, or it'll be 2013 before we get '89 stuff after TDKR is finished, like the Terminator Salvation line was followed up with T2 and T1.

makes sense to me :)

I (and I guess everybody here) hopes it will be 2011, but if waiting longer means a better figure, I have no problem with 2013 tbh, not at all

Has HT manage to get any releases out along side the movie lately? I can only remember announcements making it in time but not the actual release. Those seem to never make it less than 9 months after the movie? So TDKR figures may not see the light before 2013 giving these more room till well into 2012?

:borg:

Hot Toys had v1 Joker and OC Batman out shortly after the U.S. theatrical release. TDK was one of their best lines ever, I guarantee they're going to push TDKR big time in 2012. I'd say by April 2012 we see something from TDKR, just preview and preorder, but they'll start, and they'll want Batman '89 stuff sold off by then so people won't drop that for TDKR stuff.

I wonder if HT will make the B89 fig to the same height as the Begins/TDK figs or if they'll go true type and give us Keaton scale. I think I might prefer if B89 was a tad shorter... just for authenticity sake :)

It'll probably be normal height, the same as the Begins figure or slightly taller due to the design of Batman's cape and cowl.

I'm not concerned with height, I just want it to be well detailed.

Yeah, height accurracy doesn't mean much if quality is lacking, looking right and being made well are most important.

I'd be hoping for absolute definitive perfection. I want no scope for customisation whatsoever.

actually I rather it not be height accurate as otherwise both Keaton Bat and Nicholson Joker will have to be the shortest figures in my collection and possibly Kim Bassinger

I know. They'll find something, even the stuff that initially seems to be the main plus points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back