Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

I will take a wait and see concerning a Keaton Bats (while potentially cool and a great trip back down memory lane, I am not a huge fan of Keaton Bats), I will definitely get a Nicholson Joker.

Of course, I say that now. I also said I wouldn't get an OC Bats and keep the Tak Bats instead (which is now long sold off and the OC Bats is sitting next to my DX).

I will take a wait and see concerning a Keaton Bats (while potentially cool and a great trip back down memory lane, I am not a huge fan of Keaton Bats), I will definitely get a Nicholson Joker.

Of course, I say that now. I also said I wouldn't get an OC Bats and keep the Tak Bats instead (which is now long sold off and the OC Bats is sitting next to my DX).

Haha, I know your type. You'll be getting that Keaton bat soon enough ;)

Yeah, I can't seem to say no to HT Batman figures (though I don't have the Scarecrow or Demon Bats)

holy cow, Batman!!! :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Last edited:

keaton is hands down the best batman, at least to me. kilmer? clooney? bale? they got nothin on keaton for me. i am extremly excited to own his batman. however i am questioning whether i will pick up joker. its not that i wouldnt love to have them both, but i ussually get the main character and not alot of side characters. for instance, so far in my 1/6 collection (which ive just been starting to collect), i got Rambo from the 2nd film, T2 arnold, and egon spengler from ghostbusters. i am now awaiting my sideshow Darth Vader to arrive. i then plan on eventually getting the Predator from the original film, the hot toys indiana jones, the keaton batman, and the new hot toys jack sparrow that they are planning on releasing from the new film. i dont know if i would have enough room on the shelf for the joker. but im seriously tempted if it turns out anything like HT other figures.

Batman 1989 is my fav. Batman movie!! I remember watching it like 50 times when i was a kid!!

Where does he get those wonderful toys?

Last edited:

Yeah Keaton is Batman to me. I like bale's versions well, but 89 Keaton will always be the best IMO. I'm curious to how much the Jack joker will be since it was so hard to get his likeness rights. Unlike most figures, the price doesn't really matter to me since this is one of my favorite films of all time. I love 89 Batman and TDK the same. Hope we get to see something this year but on the other hand I don't want HTs to rush this.

Yeah Keaton is Batman to me. I like bale's versions well, but 89 Keaton will always be the best IMO. I'm curious to how much the Jack joker will be since it was so hard to get his likeness rights. Unlike most figures, the price doesn't really matter to me since this is one of my favorite films of all time. I love 89 Batman and TDK the same. Hope we get to see something this year but on the other hand I don't want HTs to rush this.

Keaton is Beetlejuice for me, he was awesome in that. I loved Batman, Batman Begins, and TDK. All great films, I will probably pass on Keaton due to money, if it was Kilmer or Clooney I would just pass gas on them.

I would assume the price wouldn't be affected by how "difficult" it was to get Nicholson's likeness rights. I'd expect it to be priced at the same level as any other MMS figure (or DX figure, if they go that route).

Keaton is Beetlejuice for me,

I really wish HTs would make a bettlejuice, love that movie

I would assume the price wouldn't be affected by how "difficult" it was to get Nicholson's likeness rights. I'd expect it to be priced at the same level as any other MMS figure (or DX figure, if they go that route).

yeah I hope so but Im sure it was a pricey likeness to acquire. Hopefully it doesn't get to expensive or I'm gonna be even poorer :lol

I don't know if I'd want it to be a DX. Seems to drive the price up a lot.
But with all the different outfits he has in the film, they might have to. I'm sure HTs will knock this one outta the park though.

Don't count on it, HT prices vary with popularity and license and other factors, there is no MMS price, and any '89 figures will cost more than current properties because HT knows no one has ever officially produced them before and Joker will cost mor than Batman because it's the first ever licensed figure of a Nicholson character.

Don't count on it, HT prices vary with popularity and license and other factors, there is no MMS price, and any '89 figures will cost more than current properties because HT knows no one has ever officially produced them before and Joker will cost mor than Batman because it's the first ever licensed figure of a Nicholson character.

Actually, Biliken from Japan did acquire the rights to produce a vinyl model kit of Nicholson's Joker back when Burton's film premiered. It was granted with the understanding that the model would only be sold in Japan. Of course, collectors and sellers imported kits to the USA and were being sold between $95.00 to $150.00 (a Keaton Batman was also manufactured). The facial sculpting was on par or better than Hot Toys, but of course, you needed a good paint job to really complete the image.

Really? I thought there was just a fairly standard MMS price - but my collecting is focused on Batman, so I guess I didn't realize that the prices varied much.

Still, I'd be surprised if Joker cost more than Batman. Whatever the price, I would think they'd price them equally.

Actually, Biliken from Japan did acquire the rights to produce a vinyl model kit of Nicholson's Joker back when Burton's film premiered. It was granted with the understanding that the model would only be sold in Japan. Of course, collectors and sellers imported kits to the USA and were being sold between $95.00 to $150.00 (a Keaton Batman was also manufactured). The facial sculpting was on par or better than Hot Toys, but of course, you needed a good paint job to really complete the image.

Yeah, and those Billiken kits are worth a ____tload these days. Terrific face sculpts on both the Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker. Both of those face sculpts have been used for countless customs over the years.

Yeah, the Billiken kits are terrific and really still hold up well today... the best custom figures i've seen from Batman 1989 in 1/6 scale have always used the Billiken figures head sculpt.

There was a lot of really great vinyl coming out in the early to mid 90's. There were tons of unlicensed 'garage kits' and some of them were REALLY good.

Here's an interesting story about Billiken. The owner (a Japan citizen) moved to Hawaii and I actually visited his home to pick up a couple of the Nicholson Joker kits. He was an interesting guy with a real love for the Hammer movies and science fiction films from the 50's through the 70's. His collection contained some high end collectibles including some original movie props and an Elvira bust that Cassandra Petersen actually had molded from her face and top portion of her body. I asked him about the rather plain brown boxes his kits came in, and why did he not have color printing and art. He said that he preferred to put the money into acquiring new licenses and paying the sculptors top dollar (thus attracting the best in the business). He was also an avid gun collector and showed me his latest purchase which was a .45 Beretta at the time. I would have stayed longer, but he was an avid chain smoker and it was killing me. One lasting image was his garage full of Billiken kits....tons of Batman...and a lot of the earlier Harryhausen kits. All brand new and unopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back