Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

No worries, we can start from scratch of which of the six movies is the worst and which of the two batmobiles is the best and which of the two jokers were the most sinister or which of the four batman/bruce wayne were the most bad ass.

:lol:lol:lol

The Bat symbol teaser poster with only a date. A first. (And every geek sought one of those out to put on their wall.) Teaser marketing is old hat now, but it hadn't been done before Batman.

600full-batman-poster.jpg

People use the word "iconic" waaaay tooo easy nowadays, but this poster was and still is iconic!

I would replace every single poster in my room for this single one....

One of the very best movie posters ever. It was jaw dropping when it first appeared.

One of the very best movie posters ever. It was jaw dropping when it first appeared.

also the work of the late Anton Furst, the same man that designed the Batmobile....the art director.

No wonder he won an oscar, that guy had really a vision.

1989 was special. I was 12 and went mad waiting for the premiere of this. Batmania in that year was something special.

Also Michael Keaton became THE A-list for the next several years after Batman. He was playing tough guy and action roles. He had his pick of any film he wanted.

It just cannot be overstated how big that movie was.

1989 was special. I was 12 and went mad waiting for the premiere of this. Batmania in that year was something special.

You got that right. I was 11 yrs old and was excited about any pictures or updates I could find. At first, my parents wern't thrilled about the movie as Nicholson was playing the Joker and I guess some parents were skeptical about that. And the movie had a dark tone to it.

"Shall we dance?"

I was 14 and can remember wanting to constantly stop at Taco Bell. Not for the food but so I could get those cups that featured Batman, Joker and the Batmobile. :lol I also remember that teaser poster and wondering if it was going to be a crappy cartoon or something. Boy, was I wrong.

Also remember how cool it was to get that brochure with all the Batman toys and collectibles as I walked into the movie. I poured over it until the film started.

"Waitaminute... The guy who played Beatlejuice is Batman?"

"Prince and the guy from Oingo Boingo are doing the soundtrack?

"The weird guy who directed Beatlejuice? Are you serious?"

I recall Jack as the Joker was the only thing people were confident about until pictures started to appear. When people started to see the production design and how amazing the movie looked, nearly all skepticism was silenced.

I still have a big collection of anything batman related I could cut out with a scissor. Now it's just a matter of space in my hard drive, but in those days it was a commitment: look for every page in newspaper/magazines and find a way to collect it in order to cut it. Yeah, it was special. Retuns was cool, Forever had some buzz too, B&R allready lost the magic in 1997, Begins has me dreaming of 1989, but 2008 was the closer I felt to the original batmania.

Last edited:

In a way its something special again: since 1989 I grew up to an adult doing so much of the same thing I was doing then: I play videogames, love comics, adore movies based on superheroes and collect action figures. Hot Toys was a dream come true as it gave me the oportunity to collect amazing figures of and outstanding batman film: The Dark Knight. Something I would love to have done in 1989. The toy industry was sooo diferent then. But today I see as a closing circle. Hot Toys is going to let me have my two dream premium figures: 1989 Batman and Joker. I'm aiming at Reeve Superman too and hope the release dates are not close. But if I have to choose, it's Keaton and Nicholson all the way.

In a way its something special again: since 1989 I grew up to an adult doing so much of the same thing I was doing then: I play videogames, love comics, adore movies based on superheroes and collect action figures. Hot Toys was a dream come true as it gave me the oportunity to collect amazing figures of and outstanding batman film: The Dark Knight. Something I would love to have done in 1989. The toy industry was sooo diferent then. But today I see as a closing circle. Hot Toys is going to let me have my two dream premium figures: 1989 Batman and Joker. I'm aiming at Reeve Superman too and hope the release dates are not close. But if I have to choose, it's Keaton and Nicholson all the way.

I feel the same way...if sup's and 1989 Batman/Joker come out at the same time..I am going to have to go with the keaton and Nicholson

I guess I'm alone in this but I would really only want one deluxe figure of each. Something historical. Those 3 represent so much in film history.

Batman was the first Superhero film to live up to Superman The Movie. The first Superman was the standard bearer by itself for 11 years.

I'm so ready for this. Finally 'my' Bats & Joker. Glad I never bought the Batman Begins stuff (although it is outstanding merchandise).

I'm so ready for this. Finally 'my' Bats & Joker. Glad I never bought the Batman Begins stuff (although it is outstanding merchandise).
Yeah, so true. I've been looking for this for so many years. And to think that over twenty years passed by since that summer...

"can somebody tell me what kind of a world do we live in, where a man dressed up as a bat!! gets all of my press"

I think you summed it up perfectly for all us nostalgic guys who were (and still are) into Batman.
I do know Batman 1989 was a starting point for many of us in terms of movies, or collecting movie stuff, or starting some sort of interest in comics, or just starting to develop a Batman interest in general.

So indeed, I hope with you and the thousands of Batman fans around the world that Hot Toys will deliver us a figure wich deep down inside we all actually hoped for AND a Batmobile :)

The first Superman was the standard bearer by itself for 11 years.
lol its hard to speak about a standard bearer for 11 years if there was no real competition in 11 years :)

"can somebody tell me what kind of a world do we live in, where a man dressed up as a bat!! gets all of my press"

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kt2nc2NkcGE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kt2nc2NkcGE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back