Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Just found out that the local theater is screening this one night in July. A childhood favorite, but I've never seen it in theaters - it will be quite an experience!

Damn, if that ever came back to theaters I'd definitely see it on the big screen. Nice.

I sure wish they'd do that where I'm at. A theater said they might in '09 for the 20th but it never happened.:(

My local just screened it about 2 weeks ago...why did I just find out last week!!!! :thud::slap:thud::slap

Well, at least I found out early enough to see Robocop last weekend :yess:

...and they made up a special movie poster that I ordered that has the schematics for the batmobile! :yess:

Hey everybody - my first post on the boards, so howdy! :wave

Thought I'd start off in here, because along with many others here at SSF I'm sure, the HT BM89 figure is on my very short list of grail pieces - & saying I'm looking forward to it is a complete understatement! I've enjoyed checking out all the 'on / off set' movie pics posted so far by DiFabio & others - great stuff folks, it just reaffirms my fondness for the film / character & anticipation for the figure all the more!! The 89 suit will always trump anything else for me, with the Returns suit a close second. The Nolan films are good, but I'm a Burton era fan to the core!

All I can really add to the discussion I guess at this point, is that thankfully we're in good hands with such a quality company handling our beloved Keaton Batman! I've got four HT figures so far - & they're worth every damn cent! I have the mighty Reeve Superman pre-ordered as well!! :yess:

Oh.. & the wait for the BM teaser pics is KILLING ME!! :gah: :lol

Ah VintijDroidGutzz, I'm sure I know you from a certain other well known forum.

:welcome1:

I'm 'Devo' over at RS, though I haven't posted much lately as stuff I'm interested in has become fewer and further between.

Yep, the Burton Batman stuff is most likely going to be oh-too-tempting. Kidded myself for a while there that I'd pass on it but I don't think you can have Nolan Batman figures and not have the Burton ones represented in the collection too. Plus I ordered CR Superman so....

Greetings Devo!!

I've noticed a few familiar names around here - I've been lurking for a few months now, & enjoyed reading through multiple threads in that time. It's great to see there are so many great HT threads too - I'll be posting in a few of those in the next whenever! I'll be hanging around the Aliens & Robots, Marvel, DC & Star Wars sections pretty much..

Honestly, when I found out this figure was announced.. I nearly fell off my chair. So indescribably cool.. & when Jack Joker gets revealed as well? :thud:

:whip :whip :whip :whip :whip :whip :whip :whip
devo.jpg

Is that the band DEVO?^ I'm actually unfamiliar with them, they're not who I based my Rebelscum name on. Rather it was what an innercity Dublin slang abbreviation of my surname would be. Likewise here A-dev (which I prefer) is based on my actual name.

Anyway Vintij yeah, see you around. I'm generally in Aliens&Robots, here, Marvel occasionally, sometimes General Collectibles, sandbox etc.

Is that the band DEVO?^ I'm actually unfamiliar with them, they're not who I based my Rebelscum name on. Rather it was what an innercity Dublin slang abbreviation of my surname would be. Likewise here A-dev (which I prefer) is based on my actual name.

I was poking fun at him calling you "Devo" hence the pic and "whip" emoticons. :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw"]YouTube - ‪Devo "Whip It"‬‏[/ame]

A friend of mine brings up a good point about the Batman figure. How are they going to make it?

We've seen the horrible quality rubber Hot Toys have used as of late, will we be doomed to have leaking degraded Keaton Batman figures?

If it were me, I'd make the figure sort of like the Arnold, Royce, and Wolverine (and soon to be Indy) bodies. Have exposed articulation joints with a nice mixture of plastic , PVC and that soft shell like rubber sculpt. It's not like the TDK and Begins suit where it's rubber armor, this is essentially a muscle body.

I really hope this guy isn't made out of rubber.

They could make it out of black spandex with hard rubber pieces glued over the spandex. That way, he can still have articulation without worrying about tearing.

Isn't that how they did it in the film anyway? With the spandex and rubber pieces? Easily done by today's HT standards.

Isn't that how they did it in the film anyway? With the spandex and rubber pieces? Easily done by today's HT standards.

But will they go that route or cheap out and just do a rubber suit for a quick cash grab so they can slam out the '89 Batman and Joker and move on to the slurry of other projects coming out before TDKR and Avengers (which looks like it'll have at least two more Iron Man suits)?

Last edited:

They could make it out of black spandex with hard rubber pieces glued over the spandex. That way, he can still have articulation without worrying about tearing.

The First Batman begins figure was made like this, I think makes the costume look too bulky.

But will they go that route or cheap out and just do a rubber suit for a quick cash grab so they can slam out the '89 Batman and Joker and move on to the slurry of other projects coming out before TDKR and Avengers (which looks like it'll have at least two more Iron Man suits)?
I certainly hope not!

While I do acknowledge that the more current licenses would be their main focus understandably, BM89 should NOT be skimped on - where possible. Hopefully HT realizes the significance this character - which I'm willing to speculate that they do, so it won't be an issue in the end anyway. I do have faith in HT, because obviously their past work speaks for itself in volumes. :wink1:

I certainly hope not!

While I do acknowledge that the more current licenses would be their main focus understandably, BM89 should NOT be skimped on - where possible. Hopefully HT realizes the significance this character - which I'm willing to speculate that they do, so it won't be an issue in the end anyway. I do have faith in HT, because obviously their past work speaks for itself in volumes. :wink1:

BTW, first report of a potential leaking issue with the Comedian figure turned up in his thread. :monkey1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back