Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figure the light siren would be the main issue of the cancellation considering it would look beast on a 1/6 scale. But in all reality I am still hopeful that this will see the light. Main example is Batman Returns, everyone lost hope... then outta nowhere it came out. But then again I don't expect nothing out of hot toys anymore, if they do, great, if they don't well what can we do. At least we got two batmans and one robin.

I wouldn't say Batman Returns came out of nowhere. Hot Toys probably got fed up with people posting about Bats on every post they put up.

I wouldn't say Batman Returns came out of nowhere. Hot Toys probably got fed up with people posting about Bats on every post they put up.

i think it all comes down to DC or WB. Its no coincidence we get Batman from HT, penguin from Neca and catwoman from tweeterhead all up for preorder this year

Please explain me one thing! I don't understand at all this story of rolling wheels liscence...:thud: mattel produce well the 1/18 1989 batmobile and it does not raised problem for HT to produce their 1/6...

Please explain me one thing! I don't understand at all this story of rolling wheels liscence...:thud: mattel produce well the 1/18 1989 batmobile and it does not raised problem for HT to produce their 1/6...

Great point? Rolling wheels theory is something I heard only on the forum. Not sure where it originated from. Far as I know it is just speculation. We are all just looking for answers at this point.

Response I got from Sideshow Customer Service Facebook Page: Hi Jose! As of right now, we have not received word from Hot Toys on the status of this item. Once we know when the atomic batteries are powered and the turbines are to speed, we will notify everyone via our newsletter and website. - Danny

Response I got from Sideshow Customer Service Facebook Page: Hi Jose! As of right now, we have not received word from Hot Toys on the status of this item. Once we know when the atomic batteries are powered and the turbines are to speed, we will notify everyone via our newsletter and website. - Danny

Thanks for asking boss! They did not say it was cancelled at least. I still am holding on to hope.

Im not just saying this as a huge 66 batfan but I really do think if this was to be released, quite a few would jump on it and then purchase batman and robin to go with it. Its just so iconic and so god dam sexy.
I know I said in a previous post that the new 66 batman might be a rehash to shift the numbers but im holding onto the fact the line isnt dead and this will follow.

Comon HT, give us an update of where we are.

Im not just saying this as a huge 66 batfan but I really do think if this was to be released, quite a few would jump on it and then purchase batman and robin to go with it. Its just so iconic and so god dam sexy.
I know I said in a previous post that the new 66 batman might be a rehash to shift the numbers but im holding onto the fact the line isnt dead and this will follow.

Comon HT, give us an update of where we are.

:clap Keep the thread going. The batmobile is sexy to quote you. How could you not buy this?
batmo1.jpg

8.jpg

I'm happy that I have my '89 Batmobile, but I must say I originally bought it because I thought it would make an incredible display side by side with the '66 one. If the '66 was never announced, I doubt I would have picked up the '89 version.

Please, Hot Toys! Release the greatest Batmobile of all!!!

Well. some of you guys know I had a custom 66 Batmobile built for me by a professional modeler (David Etcheler). I took over 3 years to find all the right parts, etc. BUT MY POINT IS to get that glossy paint job correct...

David had to apply over 7 coats of paint.
7-1.jpg

DSC07536.jpg

DSC07396.jpg

Howard said they were having production issues and I think it may the cost to paint this correctly.

But even if that were true and they decided it was not cost effective for large run, they could still offer us an option to make a deposit on whatever the price point is and we are willing to pay to in order to make a limited run of these.

Last edited:
I didnt like the 89 batmobile at first as i thought it looked too plasticy but when I finally got it, I was blown away. I had the black tumbler but now have the camo tumbler ( Banes car :) ) which I love and actually prefer over the black version. They look so awesome but this would blow them away.

It just looks metal and looks like it belongs in a museum. And in my house too.
This was one of the collectables that swayed me back to 1/6 .

Make it happen.

Back